Fujifilm X10 Firmware Update 1.03
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
Fuji has released a firmware update for the Fujifilm X10 digital compact camera. Version 1.03 addresses the blooming (“white disc”) issue that can sometimes be observed in EXR AUTO mode, adds compatibility with MacOS X 10.7, and provides a number of functionality upgrades and bug fixes, as outlined below.
The firmware update incorporates the following improvements:
* 1.New function for the “RAW” button: By holding down the button for approx. 2 seconds or more, the RAW button can be re-programmed to perform a new function (similarly to the “Fn” button).
* 2.ISO and Dynamic Range settings are now maintained even if you change the shooting mode (P / A / S / M).
* 3.Face detection is upgraded to keep track of faces by means of the face-tracking AF function. As this function is activated even in movie mode, face-tracking AF in the movie mode more effective.
* 4.The blooming (white disk) phenomenon, which can be observed in EXR AUTO mode, is reduced.
* 5.Compatibility with Mac OS 10.7: when the camera is connected to a Mac running Mac OS 10.7, the camera is effectively recognized. Additionally, compatibility with RAW FILE CONVERTER EX with Mac OS 10.7 has been confirmed.
* 6.The AF confirmation sound used to be set using the “SHUTTER VOLUME” entry in the SET-UP menu. Once this update is installed, this sound is set using the “OPERATION VOL.” menu item, just like other functions.
* 7.In certain shooting conditions, image areas with high brightness might be recorded as “black-out” areas, This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
* 8.When the flash was used in macro mode, specular highlights used to exhibit a greenish cast. This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
Website: Fujifilm Global