Fujifilm X10 Firmware Update 1.03
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52, and now comes with 12 portrait presets created by Scott Kelby, plus 1 month of access to KelbyOne photography training.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Fuji has released a firmware update for the Fujifilm X10 digital compact camera. Version 1.03 addresses the blooming (“white disc”) issue that can sometimes be observed in EXR AUTO mode, adds compatibility with MacOS X 10.7, and provides a number of functionality upgrades and bug fixes, as outlined below.
The firmware update incorporates the following improvements:
* 1.New function for the “RAW” button: By holding down the button for approx. 2 seconds or more, the RAW button can be re-programmed to perform a new function (similarly to the “Fn” button).
* 2.ISO and Dynamic Range settings are now maintained even if you change the shooting mode (P / A / S / M).
* 3.Face detection is upgraded to keep track of faces by means of the face-tracking AF function. As this function is activated even in movie mode, face-tracking AF in the movie mode more effective.
* 4.The blooming (white disk) phenomenon, which can be observed in EXR AUTO mode, is reduced.
* 5.Compatibility with Mac OS 10.7: when the camera is connected to a Mac running Mac OS 10.7, the camera is effectively recognized. Additionally, compatibility with RAW FILE CONVERTER EX with Mac OS 10.7 has been confirmed.
* 6.The AF confirmation sound used to be set using the “SHUTTER VOLUME” entry in the SET-UP menu. Once this update is installed, this sound is set using the “OPERATION VOL.” menu item, just like other functions.
* 7.In certain shooting conditions, image areas with high brightness might be recorded as “black-out” areas, This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
* 8.When the flash was used in macro mode, specular highlights used to exhibit a greenish cast. This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
Website: Fujifilm Global