Mac users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
G-Technology has announced the latest additions to its Evolution Series family – the G-Drive ev SSD and the 500GB G-Drive ev external drive modules. Offered in a capacity of 512GB, the G-Drive ev SSD (£374.95) is capable of delivering transfer speeds up to 480MB/s when paired with the Evolution Series G-Dock ev with Thunderbolt. The G-Drive ev 500GB is a 7,200-rpm portable hard drive offering upto 125MB/s transfer rates via USB 3.0, and is available for £74.95.
G-TECHNOLOGY® EXPANDS INDUSTRY’S MOST FLEXIBLE STORAGE SOLUTIONS WITH NEW ADDITIONS TO THE EVOLUTION SERIES
Award-Winning Evolution Series™ Now Includes the Speedy G-DRIVE® ev SSD and the G-DRIVE ev™ 500GBExpandable Drive Modules that are Perfect for On-the-Go Storage, or Paired with G-DOCK ev™
London and the National Association of Broadcasters Show (NAB 2014, Booth SL9005), Las Vegas, April 7, 2014 – G-Technology, a leader in delivering premium storage solutions for audio/video production, photography and the creative professional market, today announced the latest additions in its Evolution Series family – the G-DRIVE ev SSD and the 500GB G-DRIVE ev external drive modules. Inspired by creative pros, the Evolution Series is a flexible ecosystem of G-DOCK ev docking stations and interchangeable and expandable G-DRIVE ev external drive modules with USB 3.0 that makes transferring, editing and distributing content more efficient, scalable and reliable.
Collectively, the G-DOCK ev with G-DRIVE ev external drive modules help streamline 2K/4K video, photography and other digital content workflows. The flexible design allows for various storage system configurations to meet the most demanding digital content workflow and data management needs. As capacity or performance needs grow, simply expand and scale by using more high-capacity, high-performance external hard drive modules with the G-DOCK ev docking station to store separate projects, shuttle dailies or proxies, or deliver final work to clients. For maximum flexibility, the new G-DRIVE ev SSD as well as the 1TB and 500GB G-DRIVE ev modules can be used with the currently shipping G-DOCK ev with Thunderbolt™.
“Speed, flexibility and reliability are key considerations when selecting any storage solution for a professional workflow,” said Mike Williams, vice president and general manager, G-Technology. “The Evolution Series from G-Technology offers all that plus more with a stylish design that can reliably store, transfer, edit and backup content in the field or in-studio. With the Evolution Series family, we continue to deliver the latest technology with the most flexibilityto meet the changing needs of the professional digital content creation market.”
Portable SSD Module: G-DRIVE ev SSD
· Solid state drive (SSD) with high-speed USB 3.0 interface
· Up to 400MB/s transfer rates via USB 3.0 for blazingly fast storage, transfers and edits
· Storage modules can be taken into the field and used as bus-powered external drives via USB
· Up to 480MB/s faster transfer rates when paired with the Evolution Series G-DOCK ev with Thunderbolt
· 512GB capacity
· Plug-and-play setup on Mac® OS but easily reformatted for Windows®
· Time Machine® compatible
· Stylish and rugged* aluminium enclosure
· Three-year limited warranty
The 512GB G-DRIVE ev SSD will be available in April and can be purchased for a MSRP of £374.95.
Portable Hard Drive Module: G-DRIVE ev 500GB
· 7,200 RPM hard drive with high-speed USB 3.0 interface
· Up to 125MB/s transfer rates via USB 3.0 for fast storage, transfers and edits
· 500GB capacity
· Storage modules can be taken into the field and used as bus-powered external drives, or used with the Evolution Series G-DOCK ev with Thunderbolt
· Plug-and-play setup on Mac OS but easily reformatted for Windows
· Time Machine compatible
· Stylish and rugged* aluminium enclosure
· Three-year limited warranty
The 500GB G-DRIVE ev will be available in April and can be purchased for a MSRP of £74.95.
Come see how you can maximize your storage experience at NAB 2014: G-Technology Booth # SL9005:
· G-TEAM Workshops at G-Technology’s NAB booth: Pulitzer Prize-winning director, producer and photographer Vincent Laforet; filmmaker and one of the world’s leading adventure sports and travel photographersLucas Gilman; and Kamil Tamiola, outdoor photographer and videographer who specializes in visual storytelling from remote locations, will host in-booth workshops (G-Technology Booth #SL9005), showcasing and talking about their creative approaches, gear and workflows.
· Creative Pro User Group, NAB SuperMeet: G-Technology will also be at the 2014 NAB SuperMeet. Held on April 8 at the Riviera Hotel and Casino Royale Ballroom, the SuperMeet provides the post-production and broadcast community an opportunity to learn about the latest technology trends, network with peers and share industry news and opportunities in a social setting that is educational, exciting and fun. To register, please visithttp://www.supermeet.com/.
Stay connected with G-Technology:
G-Technology’s roots are deeply ingrained in delivering premium storage solutions for audio/video production, photography and the professional content creation market. From storing, transferring, editing and distributing content, G-Technology makes the workflow simpler, better and faster. G-Technology’s high-performance portable and desktop drives, flexible transfer/edit solutions and fast RAID systems are all built for professional content creation environments where performance and reliability are paramount. Because G-Technology holds itself to the highest standards, its products can be found in premier pre- and post-production facilities worldwide.
HGST, a Western Digital company (NASDAQ: WDC), develops innovative, advanced hard disk drives, enterprise-class solid state drives, external storage solutions and services used to store, preserve and manage the world’s most valued data. HGST addresses customers’ rapidly changing storage needs by delivering intelligent storage devices that tightly integrate hardware and software to maximise solution performance. Founded by the pioneers of hard drives, HGST provides high-value storage for a broad range of market segments, including Enterprise, Cloud, Data Center, Mobile Computing, Consumer Electronics and Personal Storage. HGST was established in 2003 and maintains its U.S. headquarters in San Jose, California. For more information, please visit the company’s website at http://www.hgst.com.
* Designed to withstand a 1 meter drop on a carpeted concrete floor.
One GB is equal to one billion bytes, and one TB equals 1,000 GB (one trillion bytes). Actual capacity will vary depending on operating environment and formatting.