G-Technology Demonstrates New Storage Solutions
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
At this year's Cine Gear Expo, G-Technology is demonstrating new storage solutions, including the new G-RAID with removable drives, and the award-winning Studio Line and Evolution Series with the new G-DRIVE ev 220 external storage module. Taking place today and tomorrow at The Studios at Paramount, Los Angeles, is the premier film, video, and digital media expo for the entertainment industry. G-Technolgoy's demonstrations are held in Booth # S 315A on Stage 32.
G-TECHNOLOGY® TO DEMONSTRATE NEW STORAGE SOLUTIONS FOR 2K/4K WORKFLOWS AT CINE GEAR, BOOTH #S 315A
San Jose, Calif. – June 5, 2014 – G-Technology, a leader in delivering premium storage solutions for audio/video production, photography and the creative professional market, will demonstrate new storage solutions, including the new G-RAID® with removable drives, and the award-winning Studio Line (G-SPEED® Studio and G-RAID Studio) and Evolution Series™ with the new G-DRIVE® ev 220 external storage module. Whether capturing, transferring, or editing digital content, G-Technology solutions enhance performance, capacity, style and reliability for 2K/4K video, photography and other content creation workflows.
WHAT: G-Technology demonstrating at Cine Gear Expo 2014
WHERE: The Studios at Paramount, Los Angeles, Booth # S 315A on Stage 32
PRODUCT SHOWCASE DETAILS:
· New G-DRIVE ev 220, part of the Evolution Series: Put greater speed, capacity and flexibility into your creative workflow with the G-DRIVE ev 220—a USB 3.0 hard drive with transfer rates up to 220MB/s. Use it alone or with the Evolution Series G-DOCK ev for the flexibility and expandability for today’s creative professional workflow. The new G-DRIVE ev 220 will be available in June with an MSRP of $349.95 for 2TB.
· New G-RAID with Removable Drives: Extending G-Technology’s flagship G-RAID line, this new solution is a high-performance removable dual-drive storage system. With transfer rates of up to 330MB/s, the G-RAID is configurable in RAID 0, RAID 1, or JBOD, and features USB 3.0, eSATA, along with FireWire for ultimate flexibility. The G-RAID ships with two removable 7,200RPM hard drives, complete in an all-aluminum enclosure. Now available, the G-RAID has an MSRP of $1,199.95 for 12TB, $749.95 for 8TB and $449.95 for 4TB.
· Studio Line: In addition to showcasing the G-RAID Studio, G-Technology is also highlighting the G-SPEED Studio, a hardware RAID 4-Bay Thunderbolt 2 storage solution and winner of the Best Storage of NAB 2014 award from Videomaker Magazine. Configurable in RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10, the G-SPEED Studio features Thunderbolt™ 2 technology for ultimate speed. With sustained transfer rates of up to 700MB/sec and the ability to daisy-chain via dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, this RAID solution ships with enterprise-class hard drives and is designed to support multistream compressed 4K and 2K workflows. Both the G-SPEED Studio and G-RAID Studio are now available.
WHEN: June 6-7, 2014
EXHIBIT HOURS: Friday, June 6, 2-9pm and Saturday, June 7, 10-5pm. Visit the G-Technology booth for a chance to win a G-DRIVE ev 1TB; must be present at Cine Gear to win.
SESSIONS: “On the Couch” with Nino Leitner, sponsored by G-Technology and POST Magazine. The latest and greatest in gear, tips, and workflow are discussed with guests in a casual setting. In addition, G-Technology will be giving away a G-DOCK ev with Thunderbolt 2TB at the June 6th session; must be present in screening room to win.
• Friday, June 6, Screening Room 5, 2:45-3:45pm with Director of Photography, Alex Buono and Editor Adam Epstein of the Saturday Night Live Film Unit
• Saturday, June 7, Screening Room 5, 2-3pm with Hurlbut Visuals’ Shane and Lydia Hurlbut
Stay connected with G-Technology:
G-Technology’s roots are deeply ingrained in delivering premium storage solutions for audio/video production, photography and the professional content creation market. From storing, transferring, editing and distributing content, G-Technology makes the workflow simpler, better and faster. G-Technology’s high-performance portable and desktop drives, flexible transfer/edit solutions and fast RAID systems are all built for professional content creation environments where performance and reliability are paramount. Because G-Technology holds itself to the highest standards, its products can be found in premier production and post-production facilities worldwide.
HGST, a Western Digital company (NASDAQ: WDC), develops innovative, advanced hard disk drives, enterprise-class solid state drives, external storage solutions and services used to store, preserve and manage the world’s most valued data. HGST addresses customers’ rapidly changing storage needs by delivering intelligent storage devices that tightly integrate hardware and software to maximize solution performance. Founded by the pioneers of hard drives, HGST provides high-value storage for a broad range of market segments, including Enterprise, Cloud, Data Center, Mobile Computing, Consumer Electronics and Personal Storage. HGST was established in 2003 and maintains its U.S. headquarters in San Jose, California. For more information, please visit the company’s website at http://www.hgst.com.
One GB is equal to one billion bytes, and one TB equals 1,000 GB (one trillion bytes). Actual capacity will vary depending on operating environment and formatting.
G‐Technology external hard drives serve as an element of an overall backup strategy. It is recommended that users keep two or more copies of their most important files backed up or stored on separate devices or online services.
G-DOCK ev and Evolution Series are trademarks and G‐Technology, G-RAID, G-SPEED and G-DRIVE are registered trademarks of HGST, Inc. and its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Thunderbolt is a trademark of Intel Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.