GE X600 Finally Launches in UK

September 25, 2012 | Mark Goldstein | Digital Compact Cameras | 9 Comments |

The GE X600 is a new super-zoom bridge compact camera. The X600 has a 26x zoom with a focal range of 26-676mm, a 14.4 megapixel CMOS sensor, 1080p Full HD video recording, 5fps burst shooting, an electronic viewfinder and a 2.7 inch LCD screen. The GE X600 is scheduled for delivery mid-October and will be priced around £149.99.

General Imaging Press Release

After an exciting couple of weeks of Photokina, you didn’t think it possible to have yet more news!

Compact and weighing only 354g the GE X600 is no lightweight!

The GE X600 Bridge Camera Power ProSeries

London, UK 25th September, 2012.  General Imaging announce the arrival of the GE X600; building on the success of the previous camera’s in their Power Pro series the X500 and X550.  The X600 offers even higher performance than the previous models andwill be available across Europe from October. The camera is small 104.1mm x77mm x 71.6mm weighing only 354g but is no lightweight and packs some powerful features:

- GE 26x Wide Aspherical ED Lens (Optical Zoom 26-676mm)
- 14.4 CMOS advanced Aptina™ A-Pix™ technology
- High performance 1080p Full HD video recording (30fps)
- High Speed Movie- 120 fps
- High Dynamic Range+
- Object Tracking
- Large 2.7 inch LCD
- Electronic view finder
- Li-ion battery

Gary Sutton, General Imaging UK Country Manager, said, As consumers continue to demand more for their money, we continue to offer the latest digital cameratechnology at competitive prices.

The advanced Aptina™ A-Pix™ CMOS provides powerful processing capabilities and enables a continuous shooting rate of up to 5 frames per second at full resolution, as well as the improved High Dynamic Range+ mode, where three consecutive exposures are taken, optimized and combined into one perfectly exposed photo.

The camera is loaded with a wide range of shooting modes including the Multi-Exposure, which combines six successive actions shots in to one image.

Powered by a lithium ion battery which according to CIPA testing, will deliver 240 shots from a full charge, a 26mm – 676mm ED lens and packed with powerful shooting modes and on board functions, this is the ideal camera for the more serious enthusiast photographer.

About GE Cameras
For more information about features and the entire line of GE brand digital cameras, go to http://www.ge.com/digitalcameras, www.facebook.com/gecamerasuk and http://www.twitter.com/gecamerasuk

Image Gallery

Click on a thumbnail to see the full version.

#1 Joe Prete

I didn't think white would look so good, but it does!

7:54 pm - Tuesday, September 25, 2012

#2 Andover

The trouble with GE is their cameras are just not very exciting! They want to expand the recognition of their company, but all this tell me about them is they lack any original ideas and they are happy to produce generic mass produced rubbish. I am being harsh.

10:46 am - Wednesday, September 26, 2012

#3 Joe Prete

It's probably available at the local X-MART, or on TVshopping so you can usually buy these products & return them if you're not satisfied so there is little or no cost to try it. I would give it a shot if I needed one. I think the quality would be fine for average size prints, without all the bells & whistles of a brand name camera.

(I've never actually heard any of my cameras ring any bells or blow any whistles, so I don't know why that reference is used) But many people buy these products, use them a little and then shelve them, so they may as well save some money on it. You might just be surprised because under the plastic, your bound to find some familiar names.

3:19 pm - Wednesday, September 26, 2012

#4 S.W. Anderson

Looks like a nice step up for the GE camera brand, except for one glaring omission: no dioptric adjustment on the EVF. Deal breaker.

6:28 am - Monday, October 1, 2012

#5 Joe Prete

S.W., You would be surprised (as I was) to find high end cameras that are leaving off not only the diopter adjustments, but the entire VIEWFINDER! There are more cameras coming out with just the LCD, than cameras with a viewfinder also. And although I've argued the point many times, I am fighting a losing battle. Fujifilm, the current leader in high end compacts, leaves only the LCD on all of the affordable Compact Camera models! (That is, if you call $800.00 US an affordable compact Camera!!). ... Joe Prete

8:47 am - Monday, October 1, 2012

#6 james

I cannot even find where this camera is available for sale in the US. GE say walmart carry it, but I wrote to walmart and they told me they dont.

6:10 am - Tuesday, October 16, 2012

#7 Joe Prete

JAMES,
The GE X500 is at B&H Photo in New York for $127.95
If the GE X600 is available in the UK now, it will be a couple of months before it's available in the U.S. A good sign that it's coming soon, the price will drop on the GE X500 This kind of camera will be sold in stores like WALMART who won't charge a restocking fee if it's returned. It may be worth the wait. Good Luck with it.
... Joe Prete

6:48 am - Tuesday, October 16, 2012

#8 Colleen

I wish I could find more reviews on the GE X600 Power Pro. Found only two and they were pretty bad. Has anyone actually used this camera? I may have to buy it and try it out without any feedback, like Joe says I could return it if it's as bad as the other two say.

5:31 am - Friday, November 23, 2012

#9 Benny

I've read comments online from people who bought these and they said the image quality is horrible. Usually the people who buy these aren't too picky about that, so that's saying something. People seem happier with the older CCD model GE cameras, so maybe they new to work out some bugs with this new sensor.

7:12 am - Friday, December 7, 2012