General Imaging Unveils Six New GE Cameras
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
General Imaging has announced six new digital cameras at CES. The 14.4-megapixel GE X600 ($199.99) is the flagship model in the range with 25x optical zoom, 10fps continuous shooting at full resolution, improved HDR+ exposure blending and Full HD movie recording capabilities. The 16-megapixel GE X550 ($149.99) comes with a 15x zoom lens, optical image stabilisation, advanced subject tracking with continuous auto focus, and an electronic viewfinder. The 14-megapixel GE G100 ($179.99) is a compact bridge camera with a 28-420mm equivalent lens, optical image stabilisation 30 scene modes, 10fps continuous shooting and Full HD video recording. The ultra-compact GE E1410SW ($159.99) boasts 14 megapixels, 10X optical zoom, Full HD movie capture and is housed in a sleek and stylish body. Finally, the GE Smart series has been expanded with two 14.1-megapixel models, the AA-powered, GE C1440 ($69.99) with 4x optical zoom, and the 5x zoom GE J1458W ($79.99).
All New GE Digital Cameras Offer High Performance, Advanced Technology from the Fastest Growing Mid-Tier Brand
2012 line includes CMOS technology and other must-have features for outstanding value
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/—PEPCOM DIGITAL EXPERIENCE! AT CES- General Imaging (GIC), exclusive licensee of GE branded digital cameras, will showcase its new 2012 line on the eve of the Consumer Electronics Show at tonight’s Pepcom Digital Experience event in Las Vegas. Underscoring its continuing commitment to deliver high-performance cameras that give consumers more features and value at unbeatable prices, the picture-perfect 2012 GE line offers consumers CMOS technology, new bridge cameras and 1080p HD video recording, among other must-have, advanced features.
The GE Digital Camera brand kicks off the year as the fastest growing mid-tier camera brand, according to Gap Intelligence, and was recognized by consumers as the second most reliable camera brand in a recent PC World Reliability and Satisfaction survey.
“The GE brand of digital cameras receives high marks from consumers and tech enthusiasts alike, and our new line promises to uphold these high standards,” said Paul Meyhoefer, vice president of marketing and product planning, GIC. “As consumers continue to demand more for their money, we continue to offer the latest digital camera technology at an unmatched value.”
Power PRO Series: Higher Performance Cameras
General Imaging continues to redefine the bridge camera market and builds on last year’s highly successful, market-defining GE X500 with several new bridge camera offerings.
* X600 – Ideal for the more serious photographer looking for higher power and performance, the X600 touts an impressive 25X zoom, 14.4 CMOS megapixels and full, high performance 1080p HD recording capabilities. With advanced Aptina™ A-Pix™ CMOS pixel technology, the X600 features a 26mm Wide Angle lens and continuous high-speed shooting, capturing 10 frames per second in full resolution. The X600 is equipped with improved High Dynamic Range + (HDR+), where three consecutive exposures are taken and then optimized and combined into one pristine photo. A new Multi-Exposure function combines six successive action shots into one image for further artistic expression and photo enthusiasts. The X600 features a highly popular electronic view finder, in addition to a large 2.7-inch LCD. The GE X600 will be offered in black and white color options in the spring for an MSRP of $199.99.
* X550 – The X550 features an Electronic View Finder for improved accuracy, 16 megapixels, Optical Image Stabilization, a powerful 15X zoom and 27mm Wide Angle lens to get you up close and personal with the action. It also features advanced object tracking capabilities to automatically focus on moving objects, a new feature for 2012. The X550 will be offered in black and in white in the spring for an MSRP of $149.99.
* G100 – The perfect choice for the photography enthusiast moving from a traditional point-and-shoot to a more powerful camera, the G100 is a compact bridge camera with a 28mm Wide Angle lens in the mega zoom category. A unique form factor for the GE Digital Camera line, the G100 incorporates 15X optical zoom and 14 megapixels in a sleek design. Aptina™ A-Pix™ CMOS pixel technology allows the G100 to shoot high-speed photos (10 frames per second) and advanced high-performance 1080p HD video. A built-in HDMI port allows users to connect the camera to an HDTV for instant group sharing. The G100 is equipped with over 30 different shooting modes and all the must-have features GE digital cameras are known for, such as a large 3-inch high-resolution LCD, Optical Image Stabilization and a 3200 ISO for more light sensitivity. Multi-Exposure, Object Tracking and improved HDR+ with image blending are all included. It will ship in the first quarter in black, red or white for an MSRP of $179.99.
GE Power Series: More Powerful for Everyday Photographers
Featuring advanced Aptina™ A-Pix™ CMOS pixel technology, the E1410SW delivers distinct performance enhancing features to the GE camera line including: increased shutter speed, continuous high speed shooting (10 frames per second), full-resolution, high-performance 1080p HD video recording, and improved High Dynamic Range to name a few.
* E1410SW – The ideal “go anywhere camera,” the ultra-compact E1410SW boasts 14 megapixels and 10X optical zoom and is housed in a sleek and stylish design measuring only .7-inches thick. With Aptina™ A-Pix™ CMOS pixel technology, the E1410SW can capture sharp, multi-burst photos with increased shutter speed. The camera features a large 3-inch LCD, powerful long zoom and wide-angle lens accompanied by enhanced light sensitivity, which provides the best quality still images with the ability to take advanced, high-performance 1080p HD video. The E1410SW is offered in black, brown, red or champagne and will ship in January for an unbeatable SRP of $159.99.
GE Smart Series: Giving the Everyday Photographer More
Among the most practical and reliable point?and?shoot digital cameras in the market, GE Smart Series cameras offer more features and advanced technology than found in standard cell phone cameras, making it easier than ever to capture and share favorite moments.
* C1440W – The C1440W delivers great features at an exceptional value. Its intuitive features produce high-quality photos no matter your level of expertise. Automatic Optical Image Stabilization adjusts for unintentional camera movements, giving you clear, crisp pictures every time, while Face Auto Exposure seamlessly enhances facial features detected by the camera for true subject highlighting. AA Batteries, an impressive 14.1 megapixels, 4X zoom, 27mm Wide Angle lens, and the ability to capture videos in High Definition 720p resolution provide the finishing touches, all at an astounding MSRP of $69.99. The C1440W will be available in the spring in black, red and silver.
* J1458W – Another highly affordable, feature-rich, lithium-ion battery camera, the J1458W is equipped with a 5X optical zoom, 14.1 megapixels and a 2.7-inch screen for easy viewing. The J1458W is stocked with a plethora of intuitive and easy to use features such as Smile Detection, in which the shutter automatically releases when the subject’s smile appears, and Pan Capture, where wide-view photos are produced by panning the camera across to create a seamless panoramic picture. The J1458W will be available in 2012 in black, red and silver for an MSRP of $79.99.
About General Imaging
Based in Gardena, Calif., General Imaging is the worldwide exclusive licensee for GE branded digital cameras. Unveiling its first cameras in March 2007, General Imaging has set a new precedent for high-quality, feature-rich cameras that offer excellent value, including the industry’s first point-and-shoot camera with a retractable USB plug. For more information about the entire line of GE brand digital cameras or to browse the online store, please visit www.general-imaging.com/us.