The first Great Photographers app for iPad and iPhone is about Italian icon Mario Giacomelli. The app Mario Giacomelli - Great Photographers is a new experience of total immersion in the photographer’s world, containing almost 300 images, essays, videos, and interviews. Mario Giacomelli - Great Photographers is priced at € 9.90 / $ 11.99.
Contrasto Press Release
Contrasto launches a series of apps called Great Photographers with a first publication devoted to Italian icon Mario Giacomelli.
A new and different way to live photography through the work of the world’s most important photographers.
Two more apps are planned for next spring dedicated to Sebastiao Salgado and William Klein. Great Photographers will include more titles in the series each of which will be individually designed.
The app, available in English and in Italian both for iPad and iPhone, allows the viewer through an unprecedented experience with the images by Mario Giacomelli thanks to the richness and variety of the content, its interactivity and its great visual quality.
* The app contains almost 300 images, that you can view individually or in slideshow.
* It is also possible to navigate inside the most important series of the work of the great photographer and read the texts and poems that were his inspiring sources .
* There is an original analysis and reading of 5 important images of the author organized as Lessons of Photography, by Alessia Tagliaventi.
* Among the additional essays we have included contributions by Goffredo Fofi, Roberta Valtorta, Alessandra Mauro, Ferdinando Scianna, Christian Caujoulle, Paolo Morello, Alistair Crawford.
* Several interesting videos with interviews to Enzo Carli, Gianni Berengo Gardin, Tullio Pericoli, Alessandra Mauro, Achille Bonito Oliva.
* There are archival videos in which Giacomelli comments his images and tells about his work and his poetic.
* The app includes an interview to Mario Giacomelli made by the Frank Horvat.
* A complete biography, written by his son Simone, with his family and personal images.
The app Mario Giacomelli – Great Photographers is therefore a new experience of total immersion in the photographer’s world, told for the first time not only with his images and his texts but also throughout the words of the artist and of all the people who wanted to remember the photographer, the artist, the man.
Contrasto created the app with Keitai, a team of software developers based in Milan.
More info at:
http://www.contrastogreatphotographers.com (the English version will be available soon)
Contrasto’s app can be downloaded at: