Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
The HP Designjet Z3200 expands HP’s professional printing portfolio for photographers. The Z3200 features new HP 73 Chromatic Red ink, which enables up to 95 percent Pantone coverage. Using the HP Quad-Black Ink set. the HP Z3200 produces high-quality prints with smooth transitions and true neutral grays. New to the Z series family, the HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer offers an enhanced HP Color Center tool that enables users to easily perform calibration and profiling tasks. Users can easily generate custom ICC profiles in-house under specific environmental conditions and create paper presets for easy sharing and importing to other HP Designjet Z3200 Photo printers. The HP Designjet Z3200 24-inch model will cost $3,395 and $5,595 for the 44-inch model. Both models are expected to be available in October 2008.
HP Press Release
The new HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer expands HP’s professional printing portfolio for creative professionals and print service providers (PSPs) by delivering long-lasting gallery-quality prints in black and white and color.
Ideal for photographers, photo and fine art print service providers, graphic designers, ad agencies, and commercial printers, the HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer achieves print permanence of more than 200 years on a range of HP creative and specialty printing materials.(1)
The printer’s12-ink printing system, using HP Vivera pigment inks, features new HP 73 Chromatic Red ink, which enables up to 95 percent PANTONE® coverage.(2) The HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer produces high-quality prints with smooth transitions and true neutral grays using the HP Quad-Black Ink set for a wide range of creative applications. In addition, the HP Gloss Enhancer achieves superior gloss uniformity and minimizes bronzing on most glossy photo papers.(3)
New to the Z series family, the HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer offers an enhanced HP Color Center tool that enables users to easily perform calibration and profiling tasks. Leveraging the built-in embedded spectrophotometer(4) and HP DreamColor technologies, users can easily generate custom International Color Consortium (ICC) profiles in-house under specific environmental conditions and create paper presets for easy sharing and importing to other HP Designjet Z3200 Photo printers.
The HP Designjet Z3200 produces long-lasting prints that are water-resistant on a range of HP photo, fine art, and specialty papers.(1)
HP has also introduced new large-format printing materials to extend the total portfolio to more than 50 choices, providing increased flexibility and further expanding creative opportunities.
Key features and benefits
• HP DreamColor Technologies, together with the embedded spectrophotometer, greatly simplifies accurate color matching and profiling. Professionals ultimately save time and effort by easily and consistently producing the colors they envision.
• The enhanced HP Color Center lets users easily manage their paper presets and adjust for print settings including total ink volume and gloss enhancer usage. In addition, HP Color Center simplifies workflows, enabling users to easily access, create and share paper presets.(5) Advanced features enable users to print and measure color charts with the embedded spectrophotometer and export them for use in an external profiling software application.
• HP Gloss Enhancer produces images with uniform gloss from highlights to shadows, and minimizes bronzing as an image quality issue on most photo papers.(3)
• The HP Quad-Black Ink set (matte black, photo black, gray and light gray) produces beautiful black-and-white prints with true gray neutrality and no visible metamerism.
• Optical Drop Detector (ODD) prevents nozzle clogging, resulting in fewer printing errors and reduced ink and media waste.
• Original HP ink and printhead technology increases operational efficiency by enabling proactive and preventive maintenance.(6)
• The HP Embedded Web Server, TIFF, JPEG and Adobe PS3/PDF raster image processing (RIP) enables direct job submission, queuing and nesting capabilities for more efficient operation.(7)
• HP and Nikon have worked together to create a capture-to-print end-to-end solution delivered by a special edition of ErgoSoft’s StudioPrint RIP software, which works with the Nikon D3 camera and the HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer, leveraging HP Artist Software – all to help creative professionals produce high-quality fine art reproductions without requiring advanced color management skills.
• Better Light Inc., a leader in large-format digital image capture, will use HP Artist Software technology to power its ColorSage solution, which provides exceptional color accuracy for large-format fine art and other critical image capture applications, leveraging the HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer and select Better Light digital scanning backs. More information about Better Light is available at www.betterlight.com.
• HP’s industry-leading portfolio of large-format printing materials offers creative professionals more than 50 Original HP large-format printing material options, including photo, fine art, proofing, bond and coated papers, as well as canvas, vinyl, scrim and banner material options – all optimized for HP Vivera pigment inks.
• Up to 2400 x 1200 optimized dots per inch (dpi)
• Twelve-ink printing with HP Vivera pigment inks, including HP 70 130-ml Ink Cartridges (available in matte black, photo black, gray, light gray, magenta, light magenta, light cyan, blue, green and yellow), the HP 73 130-ml Chromatic Red Ink Cartridge and the HP 70 130-ml Gloss Enhancer Ink(8)
• Print speeds:
o Up to 12.4 minutes per page for an A1/D color image on glossy paper in best print mode; up to 2 minutes per page for an A1/D color image on coated paper in draft mode.
o HP Designjet Z3200 24-inch model: 49.7 x 27.2 x 41.2 inches (1262 x 690 x 1047 millimeters [mm])
o HP Designjet Z3200 44-inch model: 69.7 x 27.2 x 41.2 inches (1770 x 690 x 1047 mm)
• Standard connectivity includes one 10/100 BaseT Ethernet, one USB 2.0 high-speed certified port, one EIO Jetdirect accessory slot
The HP Designjet Z3200 supports more than 50 Original HP large-format printing materials designed together with HP Vivera pigment inks, from photographic and digital fine art papers to coated and display-graphic printing materials – including the new HP Baryte Satin Art Paper, HP Everyday Pigment Ink Photo Papers, HP Premium Matte Photo Paper and HP Premium Semi-gloss Proofing Paper (FOGRA certified). A complete list of compatible HP large format printing materials is available at www.hp.com/go/designjet/supplies
Pricing and availability(9)
The estimated U.S. street price for the HP Designjet Z3200 24-inch model is $3,395 and for the 44-inch model is $5,595. Both models are expected to be available October 2008.
More information about HP’s Graphic Arts portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/graphicarts.
(1) Image permanence estimates by HP Image Permanence Lab based on testing on a range of HP photo, fine art, and specialty papers; confirmation tests in progress at Wilhelm Imaging Research, Inc. Further details are available at www.hp.com/go/supplies/printpermanence.
(2) Ninety-five percent coverage of PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM® and PANTONE GOE systems, based on HP internal testing (PANTONE approval pending). Final results are available at www.hp.com/go/Z3200/PANTONE.
(3) Bronzing is minimized as an image-quality issue when HP gloss enhancer is used. HP gloss enhancer can be used on photo paper, with the exception of matte-finish papers.
(4) Embedded in this HP Designjet Photo Printer is an I1 spectrophotometer from Xrite. Close collaboration between HP and Xrite ensures a reliable solution that has been thoroughly tested to meet customer demands for ease, quality and dependability.
(5) Paper presets for HP and other commercially available media are available at www.hp.com/go/Z3200/paperpresets.
(6) Based on internal HP testing, the HP Designjet Z3200 Photo Printer series utilizes at least 30 percent less ink during routine maintenance operations versus select printers from other vendors.
(7) JPEG, PDF, PS and TIFF file formats supported. Available in the postscript model only.
(8) Introductory cartridges are shipped with the HP Designjet Z3200 24-inch and 44-inch Photo printers. Replacement ink cartridges: Original HP 130-ml ink cartridges; also available in HP Ink Cartridge 2-packs.
(9) Actual prices may vary.