PMA 2007: The HP M437 is an entry-level 5 megapixel compact digital camera with 3x optical zoom lens and 2 inch LCD screen. The electronic anti-shake feature helps to prevent blurred photos in lower light and you can tag your favourite photos on the camera. The HP M437 will cost €119 and be available in April.
HP Data Sheet
It’s easy to shoot beautiful 5-megapixel photos with the HP Photosmart M437 Digital Camera – just grab it and start snapping. Easy buttons and menus make photo-taking simple, while the bright, 5.08cm (2-inch) display shows every detail.
The HP Photosmart M437 features excellent image quality - it comes with 3x optical and 5x digital zoom for prints and enlargements up to poster size. Pictures are easy to control and edit with HP steady photo anti-shake and HP Real Life technologies such as HP Design Gallery and in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
Key Features and Benefits
• 5-megapixels for beautiful 10x15cm (4x6-inch) prints and enlargements up to poster size.
• Zoom in for clear distance shots with 15x total zoom - 3x optical, 5x digital.
• Easily see your photos – indoors or out – on a bright, 5.08cm (2-inch) display.
• HP steady photo anti-shake feature helps to prevent blurred photos in lower light, accounting for hand shake and moving subjects.
• Get everything you need to start sharing photos right out of the box, including batteries and 16MB internal memory.
• Grab the camera and start snapping – intuitive buttons and easy menus make photo-taking a breeze.
• Recording your moving memories is simple using one-touch video with audio.
• Tag your favourite photos right on the camera, making organisation and sharing easier when you upload to HP Photosmart Essential software.
• Microsoft Windows Vista™ ready.
• HP Real Life technologies help take the guesswork out of digital photography, making it easy to produce great photos that are crisp, realistic and true-to-life. HP Real Life technologies include:
o Industry-leading in-camera red-eye removal.(1)
o HP Design Gallery adds creativity right on the camera with the ability to change colours and add borders to photos right on the camera — no PC or software required.
• Snap a photo and decide right away where to email it, using HP Photosmart Express.
• Meets HP’s General Specification for the Environment, which includes compliance with the EU ROHS Directive (focus: lead, cadmium, mercury, PBDE, PBDP).(2)
• Get brilliant photos without leaving home using Snapfish, an online service of HP.(3)
• Easily recharge and transfer photos to your PC or printer, using optional HP Photosmart 2200 Digital Camera Dock.(4)
• Spend more time snapping and sharing photos by easily charging the HP Photosmart M437 digital camera with the optional HP Photosmart Easy Recharge Kit for AA Cameras.(4)
• 5-megapixel resolution
• 15x zoom - 3x optical, 5x digital
o 9.6cm (3.78in) (W) x 3.1cm (1.23in) (D) x 6.4cm (2.52in) (H) (includes protrusions)
o 131 grams without battery
• PictBridge support
• JPEG (Exif 2.2)
o USB Connectivity
o USB-compatible PC with Windows Vista, 2000, XP Home, XP Professional, XP Professional x64
o USB-compatible Macintosh computer with Mac OS X v10.3.9, 10.4 and later
• HP offers a standard one-year limited hardware warranty. Warranty and support options vary by product, country and local legal requirements. For more information please go to http://www.hp.com/support
Pricing and Availability
Estimated street price €119. Price stated is EMEA Manufacturer’s Recommended Selling Price (MRSP) including VAT and is subject to change – actual price may vary by country.
Expected to be available for purchase April 2007 in EMEA.
1 For more information, please visit http://www.hp.com/go/noredeye
. 2 For more information, please visit http://www.hp.com/environment
. 3 Snapfish availability varies by region.
4 HP Photosmart camera docks not included. Please purchase separately.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. Intel, Pentium and Celeron are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries
© 2007 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.