HP Photosmart 8750 professional photo printer is introduced today. The Photosmart 8750 produces nine-ink prints up to 13 x 19-inches and offers print life up to 108 years. The HP Photosmart 8750 has an estimated U.S. street price of $499 and is expected to be available for purchase April 2005 in North America.
HP Press Release
The HP Photosmart 8750 Professional Photo Printer is designed for the professional, fine art, portrait and serious amateur photographer who wants finished, professional-quality photos to sell, exhibit or admire for generations.(1) The HP Photosmart 8750 Professional Photo Printer produces nine-ink prints up to 13 x 19-inches with color management tools and remarkable printer flexibility to produce realistic color and true black-and-white photos with neutral grays.
Key Features and Benefits
• Long-lasting color and black-and-white photos with high contrast and accurate skin tones in nine-ink color with HP Vivera Inks.
• Black-and-white photos with neutral grays and deep blacks, high contrast and smooth transitions.
• Extended color palette includes enhanced blue hues for more realistic skies and landscapes.
• True-to-life photos that resist fading longer than lab-developed photos.(1)
• Photos will last more than 100 years displayed under glass(1) or more than 200 years when stored in a photo album.(2)
• Convenient multi-size paper trays for fast, professional-quality photos – with or without borders – in sizes ranging from 4 x 6-inch, up to 13 x 19-inch and 8.5 x 24-inch panorama, adding greater versatility to photo printing capabilities.
• Professional-color tools that connect seamlessly to Adobe Photoshop® applications to produce images that match users’ visions.
• Built-in Ethernet connectivity enables convenient network sharing and wireless printing with Macs and PCs.
• Convenient memory card slots – CompactFlash, MultiMedia Card, Secure Digital, SmartMedia, Memory Stick and XD-Picture Card – and front USB port for connecting to PictBridge-enabled digital cameras allow users to print directly from their cameras.
• Index photo proofing from memory card for quick and convenient photo referencing.
• Nine-ink printing: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Blue, Light Grey, Dark Grey and Black
• 4800-optimized dpi(3)
• 13 x 19-inch photos print in as fast as three and a half minutes when printing from a computer
• 4 x 6-inch photos print in as fast as 29 seconds when printing from a computer
• 80-sheet input tray, 5-sheet bypass tray, single-sheet rear feed slot for straight-through paper path
• Direct Adobe RGB and sRGB support, ICC color management, application-based color management, and sliders for manual color adjustments
• Supports Exif Print 2.2 and Adobe RGB
o 8”(h) x 25.3”(w) x 15.7”(d)
o 26 lbs.
o USB-connect and Ethernet to PC or Mac
o Microsoft Windows® 98, Me, 2000, XP
o Mac OS X v 10.1.5, 10.2, 10.3
• HP offers a comprehensive support package for the HP Photosmart 8750 Professional Photo Printers that includes one-year of phone support as well as real-time chat and email support beyond the warranty as part of its HP Total Care portfolio of services.
• Design for Privacy gives customers better control over their personal information and educates them on the privacy implications of using different software applications. It provides additional levels of notice and choice to customers regarding the types of data they share and the kind of interaction they wish to have with HP.
Pricing and Availability
Estimated U.S. street price of $499(4)
Expected to be available for purchase April 2005 in North America.
(1) Up to 108 years using the HP 97 Tri-color Inkjet Print Cartridge with Vivera Inks, the HP 101 Blue Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge with Vivera Inks, and the HP 102 Gray Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge with Vivera Inks on HP Premium Plus photo papers. Based on Wilhelm-Research.com light-fade testing under glass for similar systems; More information on additional permanence testing factors is available at http://www.hp.com/go/premiumplusphoto
. (2) Using the HP 97 Tri-color Inkjet Print Cartridge with Vivera Inks, the HP 101 Blue Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge with Vivera Inks, and the HP 102 Gray Photo Inkjet Print Cartridge with Vivera Inks on HP Premium Plus photo papers. Based on Wilhelm-Research.com room-temperature degradation (dark fade) testing for similar systems; for more information on additional permanence testing factors, visit http://www.hp.com/go/premiumplusphoto
. (3) Up to 4,800 x 1,200-optimized dpi color when printing from a computer and 1,200 dpi input.
(4) Actual price may vary.
Adobe Photoshop is a trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated. Microsoft and Windows U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.
© 2005 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional
warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.