HP Premium Photo Cards in 4x8 inch size are announced today. They have a unique back coating whichs enables unattended printing with the ability for photos to stack in the output tray without sticking. The HP Premium Photo Cards have an estimated U.S. street price of $14.99 and is expected to be available for purchase March 2005 in North America.
HP Press Release
HP Premium Photo Cards, 4 x 8-inch, 40 Sheets
Use HP Premium Photo Cards to share stunning photos with friends and family. HP’s newest photo cards include HP Design Studio software, which contain more than 100 designs developed by AmericanGreetings.com. HP Premium Photo Cards provide users with the flexibility and convenience to create personalized special occasion 4 x 8-inch photo cards with outstanding image quality and color brilliance that will resist fading longer than store-processed photos.(1)
Key Features and Benefits
• Create and personalize special occasion photo cards at home quickly and easily with HP Premium Photo Cards that include HP Design Studio software, HP Premium Photo Paper and envelopes.
• More than 100 easy-to-personalize templates on HP Design Studio software: o Professionally designed templates by AmericanGreetings.com.
o Special occasion templates include baby announcement, graduation, new home, birthday, engagement and wedding invitations.
o Holiday templates include Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Grandparents’ Day, Valentine’s Day and year-end holidays.
• Images resist fading longer than store-processed photos(1) when printed using HP’s newest Vivera inkjet print cartridges.
• Glossy finish of HP Premium Photo Cards is ideal for producing true-to-life color and crisp graphic photo cards to be shared with family and friends.
• Unique back coating on HP Premium Photo Cards enables unattended printing with the ability for photos to stack in the output tray without sticking.
Other Technical Specifications
• Compatibility: HP Design Studio software is compatible with Microsoft Windows® 98, Me 2000 or XP.
• 10 mil thick, 240 g/m2 – thicker and heavier than most store-processed photos.
Pricing and Availability
Estimated U.S. street price of $14.99(2)
Expected to be available for purchase March 2005 in North America.
(1) Based on Wilhelm Imaging Research light-fade testing under glass with either HP Vivera Inks or HP 58 or 59 Inkjet Print Cartridges. Visit http://www.hp.com/go/premiumphoto for more details.
(2) Actual price may vary.