Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar. Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The HP Scanjet G3110 is a new photo scanner for creating high quality scans of photos, slides, negatives, documents and 3-D objects. The G3110 boasts 4800 x 9600 dpi and 48-bit color resolution scanning for optimum image quality. HP’s scanning technology allows users to enhance images by restoring faded colors, correcting flaws caused by dust particles and scratches, and removing red-eye from scanned images. The HP Scanjet G3110 costs $99 and is available now.
HP Press Release
The versatile HP Scanjet G3110 Photo Scanner makes it easy to preserve, share and archive precious photos and important documents. With one-touch buttons and a quick-and-easy, task-based interface, the HP Scanjet G3110 Photo Scanner is ideal for customers who want to create high quality scans of photos, slides, negatives, documents and 3-D objects. The scanner boasts 4800 x 9600 dots per inch (dpi) and 48-bit color resolution scanning for optimum image quality.(1) HP’s scanning technology allows users to enhance images by restoring faded colors, correcting flaws caused by dust particles and scratches, and removing red-eye from scanned images. The HP Scanjet G3110 also makes it easy to archive, edit, share and print scans thanks to HP Document Manager and HP Photosmart Essential software.
Key features and benefits
• Enjoy great quality photo, slide, document and 3-D object scans with high-resolution scanning at 4,800 x 9,600 dpi and 48-bit color.(1)
• Easily eliminate red-eye from images using HP software.
• Balance the brightness in photos for more natural and true-to-life results using HP’s adaptive lighting technology.
• Correct flaws and restore faded and damaged photos with HP scanning technology.
• Easily scan up to four film slides (35mm) or five negatives via a built-in transparent materials adapter (TMA).
• Efficiently scan up to three 4 x 6-inch photos or larger photos and portraits, and automatically save them as individual files.
• Save scanned documents in PDF format using the one-touch Scan to PDF button on the scanner’s lid.
• Scan photos or documents and send them directly to an email address using the Scan to Email button on the scanner’s lid.
• Easily print copies of scanned documents or photos using the one-touch button on the scanner’s lid; copies go directly to the PC’s default printer.
• Effortlessly organize, edit and share photos using the HP Photosmart Essential software.
• Easily manage and retrieve documents using the HP Document Manager software.
• Effortlessly link the scanner to a PC or Macintosh computer with Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity.
• Produce high quality scans of various paper sizes and 3-D objects with a letter -size, portrait-oriented scanning bed and adjustable lid.
• Conserve resources – the scanner is ENERGY STAR® qualified.
Pricing and Availability
Estimated U.S. street price of $99.(2)
Expected to be available for purchase September 2008 in North America.
1 Maximum resolutions may be affected by PC system factors.
2 Estimated U.S. street price. Actual price may vary.