Mac users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The Kingston Wi-Drive is a a wireless portable storage device for the Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. The Wi-Drive allows users to play videos, access music or share files with other Apple device owners. Kingston offers the Wi-Drive in both 16GB and 32GB sizes priced at £89 and £119 respectively.
Kingston Press Release
Kingston Expands iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch Capabilities with Wireless Flash Based Solution
• Share - Wireless sharing of documents and media files with three users
• Light and Durable – Flash memory based device makes it the perfect external storage companion on the move
• Sleek Design and Easy to use – simply drag and drop files from your desktop or laptop
• Kingston Wi-Drive Recognized as “Most Innovative Flash Memory Consumer Application” at Flash Memory Summit 2011
Sunbury-on-Thames – August 15, 2011—Kingston Digital Europe Ltd, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the sleek and functional Kingston Wi-Drive TM in the UK. Built to address the ever-increasing storage needs of Apple iPad®, iPhone® and iPod touch® devices, the Wi-Drive, a wireless, Flash memory based portable storage solution, allows users to expand the number of documents, images, music and video files they can access from Apple devices. The combination of this storage expansion, file sharing and a rugged portable form factor makes it a perfect companion device.
Wi-Drive, along with its app “Kingston Wi-Drive” from the App Store SM allows users to play videos, access music or share files with other Apple device owners. The distinctively designed, pocket-sized Wi-Drive utilizes Flash memory based technology to store data from a USB-compatible desktop or laptop. These files are then easily retrieved via Wi-Drive’s built-in wireless signal without requiring cables or an Internet connection. Three users can work simultaneously with different file types from a single Wi-Drive even whilst staying connected to the Internet.
“Wi-Drive allows Apple device owners to wirelessly manage document and media files, and choose to share them with others, while on the go for work or pleasure,” said Krystian Jaroszynski, European Product Marketing Manager - Flash, Kingston. “This unique functionality, combined with the durability of a Flash memory based device, will satisfy both casual users and the most discerning technophiles.”
To begin using Wi-Drive with any of the compatible Apple products, users simply drag and drop files from their desktop or laptop to Wi-Drive via USB cable, similar to a typical USB Flash drive data transfer. Users then download the Wi-Drive application from the App Store before connecting the Wi-Drive to their device. For more information on the Wi-Drive go to: http://www.kingston.com/ukroot/flash/wi_drive.asp?id=8
Wi-Drive™ has been chosen by the Flash Memory Summit as a Best of Show award winner for 2011 in the Most Innovative Flash Consumer Application category. For more information see full press release: http://www.kingston.com/press/2011/flash/08d.asp
Kingston offers Wi-Drive in both 16GB and 32GB sizes and the product will be available only at Apple Premium Resellers such as: Cancom, solutions inc., Square Group, Farpoin, Western Computer, MCC Group, Micro Anvika stores and online at Ebuyer.
Kingston Wi-Drive Features and Specifications:
• Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB
• Dimensions: 121.5mm x 61.8mm x 9.8mm
• Operating Temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
• Storage Temperature: 14°F to 185°F (-10°C to 70°C)
• Wireless Network Interface: Wi-Fi 802.11g/n with wireless security (WPA/WEP)
• Rechargeable Battery: up to four hours of continuous use
• Cable: Mini-USB to USB cable included. User can upload files and content from their desktop or laptop to the Wi-Drive using the USB cable
• Portable: Uses Flash-based technology for durability and reliability
• Convenient: pocket-sized for easy transportability
• Simple: just plug into a USB port
• Guaranteed: one-year warranty
• App: downloadable at Apple’s App Store
• Compatible with: iPad, iPhone 3G/3GS/4, iPod touch (3G is limited to iOS 4.2.1+)
• Configurable APN (access point name) and Key functions to connect to Wireless Access Point (Internet Connection)
• Supported File Formats:
o Audio: AAC, MP3, WAV
o Video: m4v, mp4, mov, Motion JPEG (M-JPEG), AVI
o Image: jpg, bmp, tiff
o Document: pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, txt, rtf, xls
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
Part Number Capacity and Features MSRP (inc. VAT)
WID/16GBZE Wi-Drive 16GB £89
WID/32GBZE Wi-Drive 32GB £119
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please call +44 (0)1932 738888 or visit www.kingston.com/europe
Kingston and the Kingston logo are registered trademarks of Kingston Technology Corporation. All rights reserved. All other marks may be the property of their respective titleholders.