Konica Minolta Dynax 7D Firmware and New DiMAGE Transfer Software
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Konica Minolta Europe and Konica Minolta have released a firmware update for the Dynax 7D and Maxxum 7D digital SLR camera.
V110 includes the following changes:
1. Added the remote storage function which can be used in combination with the DiMAGE Transfer software.
2. Speeded up its access to a memory card. This improvement shortens the writing speed to the memory card and USB data transfer speed. *Effect varies depending on the memory card.
3. Added enlarged display function in both the histogram display and the index display in playback mode.
4. Added luminance limit display function in the histogram display in instant playback.
5. Modified the “No memory card” warning indication.
6. Modified the following problems: - External flash fires with its full power in rare cases. - Camera freezes after self-timer recording in rare cases.
Konica Minolta have also released a new software program called DiMAGE Transfer.
The DiMAGE Transfer is dedicated software for the Konica Minolta Dynax/Maxxum 7D. With the combination of the DiMAGE Transfer and the Dynax/Maxxum 7D, it is available to transfer and save images directly to a PC’s hard disk drive via USB cable. The DiMAGE Transfer allows you to review your images on the PC’s monitor in full screen as you shoot. Coordination with the DiMAGE Master will enable you to sort images in parallel with shooting, as the thumbnail images on the PC’s monitor are revised sequentially as you shoot.
Konica Minolta USA Press Release
Konica Minolta Introduces DiMAGE Transfer Software For Studio Photography
Mahwah, NJ (February 14, 2005) – Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. introduces DiMAGE Transfer – a free software download from the Konica Minolta Web site for Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D users. Konica Minolta’s new DiMAGE Transfer makes it easy for studio photographers to transfer images directly to their PC’s hard drive via a USB cable when shooting with Maxxum 7D. In addition to enabling the quick and clear review of images on a PC monitor, it lets photographers shoot a large number of high-resolution images without worrying about memory capacity.
“Konica Minolta is pleased to offer this added value to Maxxum 7D photographers,” said Todd Schrader, vice president of marketing for Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. “Studio photographers will especially appreciate the improved workflow this new software offers.”
In addition, transferred images can be instantly displayed in thumbnails and selected or grouped immediately using the optional image editing and enhancing Konica Minolta DiMAGE Master software, thus improving the creative workflow for Maxxum 7D users.
* High-speed Transferring - High-resolution images can be transferred from the Maxxum 7D to a PC within a few seconds (It varies depending on computer capability).
* Easy Operating - Images will be transferred to a PC via the bundled USB cable after pressing the shutter-release button on the Maxxum 7D, and then every detail of the just-recorded images can be quickly viewed and checked on the PC monitor.
DiMAGE Transfer is compatible to Windows® operating system（Windows2000/XP）only. The PC with Pentium ® III processors 600MHz or higher and 128MB or higher memory is necessary. A 24-bit color monitor with a minimum resolution of 1024x768 (XGA) or higher and 200 MB or more of hard-disk space are recommended.
Furthermore, the firmware for the Maxxum 7D that is required before using DiMAGE Transfer will also be provided via download on the Konica Minolta Web site.
(http://kmpi.konicaminolta.us/eprise/main/kmpi/content/cam/cam_product_pages/Maxxum_7D?mDetail=Software) This firmware includes the following improvements.
1. Additional remote storage function that can be used in combination with the DiMAGE Transfer software.
2. Faster memory card writing and USB data transferring. (*Effect varies depending on the memory card.)
3. Additional enlarged display function in both the histogram display and the index display in playback mode.
4. Additional luminance limit display function in the histogram display in instant playback.
5. Modification to the “No memory card” warning indication.
*The firmware version 1.10 or higher for Maxxum 7D is required for using DiMAGE Transfer.
About Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc.
Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc., headquartered in Mahwah, NJ, is the North American sales and marketing subsidiary of Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc. (Tokyo, Japan). On August 5, 2003 Konica Minolta Holdings, Inc. was formed to enhance both the competitive business capabilities and earning capacities of Konica Corporation and Minolta Co., Ltd.
Consumers around the world have come to know and trust the Konica and Minolta brands for all their imaging needs. Since the earliest days of the photo industry, Minolta and Konica have applied their talents and resources to create products and services that are essential to the world of imaging. Today, these efforts concentrate on the most important aspects of imaging: the quality of the images, the tools and methods for creating images, and the creation of environments for the application of images.
This focus on the essentials of imaging ties together the company’s key business and consumer product lines. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of 35mm and Advanced Photo System film, single-use cameras, digital and 35mm film cameras, accessory lenses, binoculars, photographic and color measurement meters. In addition the company offers color print photo papers, inkjet photo paper, digital minilabs, digital film scanners, optical instruments, software and advanced imaging and sensing technologies. Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc. also provides wholesale photofinishing services and Internet imaging services. It is a complete imaging company, from input through output. For more information about Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc., its products and services, visit http://www.kmpi.konicaminolta.us.
All brand names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
# # # # #
The system requirements and specifications are based on the latest information available at the time of printing and are subject to change without notice.
DiMAGE, Maxxum are trademarks or registered trademarks of Konica Minolta Photo Imaging, Inc. Windows is either a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries. Pentium is a trademark or registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other corporate names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.