Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar. Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Lensbaby has announced the availability of its Pro Effects Kit, which bundles the Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic, the Edge 80 Optic, Macro Converters, Lens Cleaning Cloth and the Lensbaby System Bag. “The Sweet 35 & Edge 80 will give you versatility and flair, ensuring whatever Lensbaby look you desire, it will be achieved,” said portrait photographer Holli True. The Pro Effects Kit is available now for $750.
Website: Lensbaby Online Store
Lensbaby Press Release
Lensbaby Announces Availability of its Pro Effects Kit
Lensbaby bundles its most advanced offerings into a convenient kit fit to meet professional photographers’ needs
Portland, OR – May 1, 2012 – Lensbaby announces today the availability of its Pro Effects Kit, which bundles the latest Lensbaby lens, optics & accessories, perfect for injecting creativity and uniqueness into a photographer’s portfolio. The Pro Effects Kit includes the Lensbaby Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic, the Edge 80 Optic, Macro Converters, Lens Cleaning Cloth and the Lensbaby System Bag.
This versatile kit provides a selective focus system solution for many types of photography, from portraits and weddings to landscape and commercial photography. By incorporating the Lensbaby creative effects lenses and optics, a photographer can add a new dimension to their shots in-camera.
“If you are looking to add more creativity and style to your images, Lensbaby has just created the perfect solution for you. The new kit includes the Composer Pro with two of my favorite Optics, the Sweet 35 & Edge 80 - these three pieces of equipment accompany me on every senior shoot,” said portrait photographer Holli True. “The Sweet 35 & Edge 80 will give you versatility and flair, ensuring whatever Lensbaby look you desire, it will be achieved. This kit is complete with Macro Converters, lens cloth and the System Bag, which makes bringing them along on your photo shoots a breeze!”
Pro Effects Kit Contents: Priced at U.S. $750 (click here for more information)
* Composer Pro with Sweet 35 Optic- The Composer Pro refines and enhances the popular and award winning Lensbaby Composer by upgrading the swivel ball and focus mechanism to provide professional performance and delivers ultra-smooth focus and tilt control. The Sweet 35 Optic is a 35mm f/2.5 selective focus optic with a 12-blade adjustable aperture that creates a tack sharp sweet spot of focus surrounded by blur.
* Edge 80 Optic- When tilted, this 80mm f/2.8 flat field of focus optic, with a 12-blade adjustable aperture, delivers a slice of tack sharp focus through the image bordered by a soft blur. When pointed straight ahead, Edge 80 can be used like a straight lens.
* Macro Converters- This set contains one 8mm converter and one 16mm converter. Stack them together to make a 24mm converter. When used with the Sweet 35 the focus range is 1.63” to 3.25” and with the Edge 80 the focus range is 9”-13.25”.
* Lensbaby Lens Cleaning Cloth- Made of a deluxe silky-style microfiber, this large cleaning cloth offers plenty of real estate to meet all your lens cleaning needs. The 14”x14” size of the cloth also allows you to protect any Lensbaby lens by swaddling it in the cloth and stowing it away in a camera bag compartment.
* Lensbaby System Bag- Features removable and adjustable elastic straps inside that allow you to customize and carry your favorite Lensbaby shooting set up. The bag includes a removable shoulder strap, several convenient compartments including an outside zipper and an inside mesh sleeve, and velcro straps on the bottom of the bag that allow you to attach one System Bag to another.
The Pro Effects Kit is available now from http://www.lensbaby.com and from Lensbaby-authorized photo specialty stores worldwide.
Lensbaby is a Portland, Oregon based manufacturer of award-winning Creative Effects SLR camera lenses. Lensbaby was launched in February 2004 by Craig Strong, a professional photographer and the inventor of the patented Lensbaby Creative Effects SLR lens system. Lensbaby sells to photographers all over the world through its website, http://www.lensbaby.com, by calling 877-536-7222 / 971-223-5662, at tradeshows, in leading photo retailers and through a growing global network of international distributors.