Limited Edition Olympus Mju 1020
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Olympus Europe have unveiled a limited edition version of the Olympus Mju 1020 compact camera. 5,000 limited edition white Mju 1020s will be available, each one with three uniquely-styled skins by internationally-acclaimed artist Matei Apostolescu. “The opportunity to design these camera skins was an interesting prospect for me. With photography being an exciting art form in its own right and a major component of today’s digital art, I was fascinated by the idea of designing pieces where the ‘canvas’ would ultimately be an instrument that can be used to create art itself”, explains Apostolescu. The Olympus Mju 1020 is a 10 megapixel camera with a 7x optical zoom. The new Limited Edition Olympus Mju 1020 is available now.
Olympus Europe Press Release
Your kind of µ: Limited edition µ 1020 with skins by Matei Apostolescu
Hamburg, February 2008 – Show your true colours with one of only 5,000 limited edition white µ 1020s: each comes with three uniquely-styled skins by internationally-acclaimed artist Matei Apostolescu, so you can sport a camera that’s especially exclusive. This model is available now in a strictly limited quantity.
Express yourself with the white µ 1020 using one of three exciting designs by Matei Apostolescu. Choose your favourite skin and apply a unique look to your µ that’s sure to turn heads. And with a 7x optical zoom and 10.1 Megapixels, this model is sure to charm both inside and out.
Born in Bucharest in 1983, Matei Apostolescu realised his affinity for drawing at an early age. Despite a five-year hiatus to study classical music, the Romanian finally returned to his work in visual arts, developing his traditional skills as well as dabbling in graffiti and web design. It wasn’t until a friend showed him a book containing digital illustrations, however, that he really found his calling. Today, the artist’s thoughtful and intricate works boast the ability to convey chaos and order, energy and serenity all in a single piece – which explains the freestyle artist’s appeal to such a wide range of audiences. “The opportunity to design these camera skins was an interesting prospect for me. With photography being an exciting art form in its own right and a major component of today’s digital art, I was fascinated by the idea of designing pieces where the ‘canvas’ would ultimately be an instrument that can be used to create art itself”, explains Apostolescu. Further information about the Bucharest-based artist can be found on his website: http://www.013a.com.
Don’t miss out on the limited edition white µ 1020 featuring three exciting skins by Matei Apostolescu. The camera is now available.
The Olympus µ 1020 – main features:
• 7x optical zoom (37-260mm*) for exciting close ups
• 10.1 Megapixels to make poster-size prints
• 6.9cm/2.7” HyperCrystal II LCD with extra bright display even in direct sunlight
• 23 scene modes for the best results in different situations
• Slim, metallic body
• Underwater shooting up to a water pressure equivalent of 40m possible in combination with optional underwater case PT-042
• Avoids blur thanks to Dual Image Stabilisation
• Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure of other image areas
• Better low light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
• New in-camera Panorama function
• Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
• TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality
* Equivalent to a 35mm camera