Marwell Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2012
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Entries are now open for the Marwell Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2012 competition. The charity is calling all budding photographers to enter images which celebrate a variety of wildlife and capture the essence of nature. This year, the competition has four categories including Native, Cute & Funny, Marwell residents and Marwell endangered. Up to five images can be submitted per person. A charge of £5 applies, although junior entries are free. The submission deadline is 14 September 2012. To enter visit the website below.
Website: Marwell Photo Contest
Marwell Press Release
Hampshire’s prestigious wildlife photography competition returns
Entries are now open for Marwell Wildlife’s Photographer of the Year 2012.
The charity is calling all budding photographers to enter images which celebrate a variety of wildlife and capture the essence of nature.
This is the third year Marwell has run Wildlife Photographer of the Year. During this time, judges have seen thousands of stunning images from professional, amateur and young photographers alike.
This year, the competition has four categories and judges will assess entries for photographic excellence, high quality and composition.
The categories are;
1. Native - celebrating the beauty and diversity of British wildlife. Animals resident in the UK (can include managed populations).
2. Cute & Funny – any wildlife shot that makes you laugh out loud, say “aaah” (melt with cuteness) or is Mother Nature at her most weird & wonderful.
3. Marwell residents – striking, unusual, long range and landscape photos taken in the park highlighting Marwell’s natural beauty and heritage.
4. Marwell endangered – animals which are classified as endangered, critically endangered or extinct in the wild. See endangered species list on the website.
To enter visit http://www.marwell.org.uk/photocomp
Up to five images can be submitted per person. A charge of £5 applies, although junior entries are free. The deadline for entries is 14 September 2012. Competition terms and conditions can be found on the website.
The official Marwell Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2012 accolade, plus a wide range of great prizes are up for grabs including a one to one photography day session and overnight accommodation with Wild Arena at a UK Safari Park and in the Wild Arena studio for two people worth £445, annual subscription to Practical Photography Magazine, an animal encounter at Marwell, mini tripods, memory cards, annual membership to Marwell Wildlife, Lowepro bags and more. Please note these prizes vary for different category winners.
All entries can also receive a FREE copy of Practical Photography magazine.
This year’s competition judges are:
* Heather Angel, award-winning professional wildlife photographer, author and lecturer
* David Southard, Wild Arena photography workshops
* Andrew James, Editor, Practical Photography magazine
* Kath Weston, Marwell Photographic Group Chairman
* Paul Simmons, Head of Marketing Communications at Marwell Wildlife
* Mel Hewitt-Cross, Photographer & Design Manager at Marwell Wildlife
* Judi Hussey, Volunteer Photographer at Marwell Wildlife
Picture caption: Funnies Winner 2011 - close up red squirrel - Stephen Iles