My Kind of Phone Launches Photo Contest
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for purchase with special launch pricing. (Existing Macphun customers get a further discount.)
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Mykindofphone.com has launched an online competition offering the winner an opportunity to participate in a six-night Kenyan photo safari tour. To enter, you need to submit a photo telling a personal story which they have taken with their mobile phone to a photo sharing site; provide a short, snappy explanation of the emotional journey behind the image; and tweet about it alongside the competition’s hashtag ’#snap @mykindofphone’. The competition, which is open to UK residents only, begins today and runs until Thursday, 3 June 2010. The winner and a frined will be taken on a £6,000 Kenyan photo safari tour from 26th June to 4th July 2010. For full entry details, visit the website below.
Website: My Kind of Phone Photo Contest
My kind of phone (http://www.mykindofphone.com), inspired by Windows Phone, has launched an online competition offering the winner an opportunity to grab their camera and capture Kenya’s amazing topographical diversity.
To enter, people will undertake the following steps:
· Submit a photo telling a personal story which they have taken with their mobile phone to a photo sharing site
· Provide a short, snappy explanation of the emotional journey behind the image
· Tweet the above alongside the competition’s hashtag - ‘#snap @mykindofphone’
1. Upload the mobile phone photo to a photo sharing website with a caption describing the scene and why it’s personal to the entrant (one entry each – the photo must be taken on a mobile phone and not be edited to change how it looks)
2. Visit @mykindofphone on Twitter and Facebook and follow if you’re not already
3. Click the ‘Tweet to complete’ button at http://www.mykindofphone.com/snap-competition (log-in required) to post a message to Twitter containing the following:
§ The entry phrase “#snap @mykindofphone”
§ a short link to the photo (e.g. bit.ly)
§ a personal message describing the photo and why it’s personal
My kind of phone is all about showcasing the ways people are personalising their phones to make them uniquely theirs in the areas of photography, music and gaming.
The competition begins today (28 May) and runs until Thursday 3 June 2010.
Ten entries will then be shortlisted and via Windows Phone’s ‘my kind of phone’ Facebook page, people will vote on their favourite image from Friday 4 June until 5pm on Wednesday 9 June 2010. The winner will then be announced in the evening of the 9 June.
*(Kenya trip dates 26th June – 4th July 2010; non-transferrable)