Updated 26/6: Luminar "Neptune" is out now with Accent AI, an AI photo filter!
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
The Nikon Coolpix S800c is an Android-powered, Wi-Fi enabled compact camera with a 16-megapixel CMOS sensor, 10x optical zoom, built-in GPS and a 3.5” OLED touchscreen. The 25-250mm Nikkor lens with ED glass comes with Vibration Reduction (VR) for blur-free photos and stable Full HD video, even while handheld. The camera’s connectivity features allow users to upload photographs and movies to their social networks, including Google+, Facebook and Twitter. Just like a smartphone or tablet device, the camera has the opportunity to run camera-specific photo and video apps while providing features that can’t be found on a typical cell phone. The Nikon Coolpix S800c will be available in September in white and black for a suggested retail price of $349.95/£379.99.
Nikon Press Release
The connected social imaging device with Android™ and Wi-Fi
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 22nd August 2012: Nikon Europe today announces the COOLPIX S800c, the compact camera that delivers perfect photos plus much more. Powered by an Android¹ operating system, it connects to the Internet via Wi-Fi to download any application from Google Play™, opening up a world of photo apps, social media apps and games. Packing a 10x optical zoom NIKKOR lens, back-illuminated 16-MP CMOS sensor and high-resolution 8.7 cm (3.5-in) touch screen, it also has all the photography features you need to make sure you never again need to choose between an instant upload and getting a quality image worth sharing.
Nicolas Gillet, Product Manager for Consumer Products at Nikon Europe, explains: “The COOLPIX S800c is the camera that loves your social life as much as you do. You can record Full HD movies and take superb pictures, even in low light such as at a party. As soon as you have something you want to share with friends, you simply tap the screen to upload to Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites or online albums and watch the positive comments come flooding in.”
¹ Android version 2.3.
An Android Camera
With its Android OS, the COOLPIX S800c camera can become a fully-fledged entertainment centre. Download all the latest apps from Google Play™ and you can access social media updates from friends, get directions and information about the local area when you’re on the move, or play a game while you travel: the possibilities are endless.
Photos they will ‘LIKE’
To ensure sharp shooting in any situation, the COOLPIX S800c has a highly sensitive back illuminated CMOS image sensor so that even in low light or extremely bright conditions, the camera will easily capture the scene, while the EXPEED C2 image processing system and superior autofocusing ensures quick response. So when you want to share a spontaneous moment with friends, you can be sure that you will share the experience exactly as you remember it.
The NIKKOR wide-angle 10x optical zoom lens (25–250mm) with ED glass enables superior sharpness and colour whatever situation you’re in, whether you want to zoom out and capture the whole scene, or get up close and personal for a perfect portrait shot. Meanwhile, advanced blur-reduction technology minimizes the effects of subject movement, low light and camera shake.
A smart touch
As sensitive as the best smartphones, the anti-reflective, ultra-high resolution 8.7 cm (3.5-in) OLED (819K-dot) touch screen with wide viewing angle makes operating the S800c simple and fun. Scroll through your photos, and select and edit any that you want to get creative with.
Other key features
- Share your world: easily connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi. Upload photos and movies to social media and photo sites, or transfer images directly to your smartphone or tablet.
- MyPicturetown.com: view your photo gallery even when you’re not connected to the Internet. An in-camera application lets you connect directly to Nikon’s Internet based photo storage service.
- Built-in GPS: record the exact location (latitude and longitude) where you took your photo as a “geotag” in the image data (Exif). Compatible with any Google application that requires GPS.
- Full HD (1080p) movie with stereo sound: easily record life in motion. You can use the 10x optical zoom with autofocus when filming, and HS movie mode lets you record slow-or fast-motion movies using recording speeds up to 240 fps (VGA).
- Lens-shift Vibration Reduction: capture steady photos and movies thanks to Nikon’s automatic vibration reduction technology, which counters the effects of camera shake in real time.
- Motion Blur Detection: High ISO (up to 3200) light sensitivity reduces blurred images in low light. Motion detection compensates for camera and subject movement. Best shot selector (BSS) selects the sharpest of up to 10 sequential shots.
- Backlighting HDR delivers detailed images of high-contrast scenes.
- Easy Panorama 360°/180°: move the camera vertically or horizontally to create dynamic panoramas.
- Continuous mode: capture sharp shots of the action at a fast 8.1 fps.
- Internal memory: 1.7GB of internal memory for pictures and movies and 680MB for applications. When you need more space, the camera is compatible with SD/SDHC cards (up to 32GB).
The COOLPIX S800c comes in four colours: silver, red, white, black.
Android, Google Play, Google+ and other marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
Click on a thumbnail to see the full version.