Nikon D3200 Hands-On Photos

April 19, 2012 | Mark Goldstein | Digital SLR Cameras | 6 Comments |

Want to see exactly what the new Nikon D3200 DSLR camera looks like in the flesh?

The Nikon D3200 is a DSLR camera sporting a brand new 24 megapixel image sensor with an ISO range of 100-12800 and full 1080p HD video.

Check out our extensive hands-on gallery of photos of the Nikon D3200 camera (both the black and red versions).

32 photos of the new Nikon D3200 compact system camera.

Image Gallery

Click on a thumbnail to see the full version.

#1 Gail Andrews

This Nikon D3200 really looks like it could be the camera for me. I've been looking for something like this for over a year now cause my old camera just don't seem to be able to produce the kind iof photos I prefer. Hopefully this new Nikon will be the answer..

6:33 am - Thursday, April 19, 2012

#2 John Smith

Just remember, the camera won't produce good compositions. Its the individual behind the camera.

5:54 pm - Thursday, April 19, 2012

#3 JOE PRETE

This Nikon D3200 has got to be the steal of the year! Loaded with options, way more advanced than any of the ones in the line before it. 24 MP in this compact body. It's listed for $699 (with a lens) If that's the right price, I'm going to pre order it now. I'm shooting with D700's Excellent heavy use and reliable cameras -no video on the D700, that never bothered me. But this little camera, I can not pass up. This will be a very long wait, for sure

Get this, the wireless transmitter is only $59.00 Gail, I don't know how you've been "looking for something like this" unless you have some special powers, there hasn't been anything like this, at any price, let alone $700. It won't be released until the fall from what I'm told by NIKON. It must be for the holidays.

It will also come in red, but that might delay the order. If you pre order, they shouldn't charge your card until it's released. Since it was just announced today, I had to speak to the Nikon Rep. to be sure. This camera will put Professional options into the average amateur's hands. I'm puzzled as to what the competition can do to compete with this. The specifications for this camera are amazing. Apparently Mark thought so too, just look at all the pictures he provided. AMAZING. ..... Joe Prete

1:25 am - Friday, April 20, 2012

#4 JOE PRETE

I stand corrected, I just received an email from a NIKON Rep. I'm told that the D3200 Cameras are less than a month away. I do hope that's true. I would put the order in at authorized dealers just in case. Don't forget the WU-1A Wireless adapter. This is a camera you can learn (or teach) with. Beginners shouldn't worry, this camera will adapt to your level of experience.

3:11 am - Friday, April 20, 2012

#5 fakuryu

Just saw the 24mpx jpg fine sample using their 40mm 2.8 prime and the sample portrait shot is too soft. Maybe the glass just cannot compensate the high pixel count.

9:50 am - Friday, April 20, 2012

#6 JOE PRETE

Fakuru.
That's a $75.00 kit lens, I'm surprised they even through it in. This is a very high quality camera aimed at beginners. The transmitter is only $59.00 (the transmitter for the D4 is $1000.00) This should get people to drop the (toy-like) point & shoot and give them a chance to choose their own lens so they can build their own system. This is an incredible camera for the money. If people start finding faults with this, then it's the person's problem, not the camera's. Anyone who complains about this, doesn't belong in photography!

5:26 pm - Friday, April 20, 2012