Official Canon EOS-1D X Samples

February 17, 2012 | Zoltan Arva-Toth | Digital SLR Cameras | 8 Comments |

Canon has posted half a dozen full-resolution sample images and a sample movie captured with the full-frame Canon EOS-1D X digital SLR camera. Most of the sample photos were taken at a sensitivity setting of ISO 800/30°, with one ISO 100/21° and one ISO 1600/33° shot also being available for download. The lenses used to shoot the samples include the Canon EF135mm f/2L USM, EF 600mm f/4L IS II USM and the EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM. Unlike the stills, which are presented in their full 18-megapixel glory (albeit with strong JPEG compression), the sample video has been downsized for the Web and is thus not representative of the quality of a movie shot in Full HD mode.

Website: Canon EOS-1D X Sample Images & Movie

#1 JOE PRETE

I still say NIKON'S going to have quite a battle on their hands when they take on this CANON. Not a word yet from CANON, but look at it there, it's like when you see a sports car that looks like it's going 80 miles an hour, even when it's standing still. This is one BAD looking CANON! Every button, every control in the perfect position. I hope they both get released on the same day! ... Joe Prete

10:37 pm - Friday, February 17, 2012

#2 Jack

This is the perfect gear for professional photographers. I have to admit that it has a bad design but I think it will worth all the money.

2:33 pm - Sunday, February 19, 2012

#3 Josh

Let's just hope they continue to build on their video userbase - I love the way Canon revolutionized the field with their DSLRs and as a 5D user myself, I can't wait for the day where the current limitations (file size, overheating, bit rate etc.) are thrown out the door!

3:29 am - Monday, February 20, 2012

#4 Philip Aucott

I had a EOS 1D III, i found that the Nikon system was a much easier to use chassis. I know I'll never inspire those people who love there Canon though.

11:36 am - Monday, February 20, 2012

#5 Boxer's Adventures

Indeed! I use a Canon and would never think twice again about it.

International Blog and Shop

12:01 pm - Monday, February 20, 2012

#6 JOE PRETE

Jack,
mm When I said BAD, I meant it in the complete opposite. Not like when the milk goes bad, but like the 2013 CORVETTE 427 CONVERTIBLE LS7 it goes from 0-60 in 3.8 seconds. This is one BAD SPORTS CAR, especially for a production vehicle! If you haven't seen the video clip, take a look. With the sound on. How is this for irony, If you're the kind Photographer that shoots with a camera like this, you may well be driving a car like the Vette
Oh the LS7 is completely hand built! and the CANON design is pure perfection. ... Joe Prete

7:16 am - Wednesday, February 22, 2012

#7 Mike Folsom

Look at Image 1 - you can tell the women is wearing contact lenses. Simply stunning.

7:33 pm - Wednesday, February 22, 2012

#8 Gordon Hiebert

If I was introducing such a product and was providing samples like this, I would include several very small images just as they come from the camera. You know, just a piece of a pic, just so we could truly see what this camera puts out. Same with the movie clip, I would put up a very short unaltered clip. Just a thought.

11:35 pm - Thursday, February 23, 2012