PMA 2007: The Olympus FE-250 digicam offers 8 megapixels, 3x optical zoom (35-105mm), large 6.4cm LCD with 230,000 pixels, Olympus’ BrightCapture Technology and stylish metal body. The Olympus FE-250 will be available from February 2007 with an estimated price of £200.
Hamburg, 25 January 2007 – The Olympus FE-250 boasts an amazing 8.0 Megapixels, bringing high resolution to the entry-level class. For viewing and framing comfort, the FE-250 features a large 6.4cm LCD. It’s now even possible to take great photos in low-light conditions: The FE-250 is the first in its series to incorporate Olympus’ own BrightCapture Technology. And naturally, as with all cameras in the FE range, it is incredibly easy to use.
With 8.0 Megapixels, the FE-250 produces crystal-clear pictures and delivers the power to obtain large, high-resolution printouts. Moreover, the 3x zoom lens gives photographers the range they need to get close to the subject. Yet despite featuring a big 6.4cm LCD with 230,000 pixels, this stylish, metal-bodied camera is still small enough to be easily taken anywhere.
Owing to a “one button, one function” design principle and 25 languages on board, the FE-250 is remarkably easy to operate. 15 scene modes furthermore guarantee great results in many different situations. The camera also features eight shooting programmes and a convenient mode dial makes choosing between the programmes a simple task. These include movie recording with sound as well as Image Stabilisation, which employs BrightCapture Technology to avoid blurred photos by boosting the ISO value to 10,000*. By selecting modes such as Candle or Indoor, the special mood and atmosphere of night-time settings can by captured much more faithfully – as the need to use the flash is also significantly reduced.
In addition to its internal memory, the camera incorporates an xD-Picture Card slot. The included Olympus Master software rounds out this package, allowing for easy and fun editing, archiving and viewing of photos on the computer.
The Olympus FE-250 will be available from February 2007.
The Olympus FE-250 – main features:
* 8.0 Megapixels in a stylish metal body
* 3x optical zoom (equiv. to 35-105mm on a 35mm model), 1:2.8-4.7
* 6.4cm/2.5” LCD (with 230,000 pixels)
* BrightCapture Technology
* High ISO setting mode (up to ISO 3200 with full 8.0 Megapixels)
* ISO 6400 and 10,000 in 3MP mode
* “One button, one function” design principle
* Super Macro mode from 10cm
* TruePic TURBO
* 15 scene modes (e.g. Candle, Indoor or Sport)
* Internal memory plus xD-Picture Card slot
* Movie recording with sound up to card capacity
* Supplied with Olympus Master software + LI-42B lithium ion battery
* Multi-language menu with 25 languages
* In 3.0 million pixel mode