The new Olympus mju 1020 digital camera will be released in Europe and the USA (but not in the UK). The mju 1020 offers a 7x optical zoom (equiv. to 37-260mm), 10.1 megapixels and a 2.7 inch LCD screen. It features a slim, metallic body in a choice of Starry Silver and Midnight Black. The main difference between the 1020 and the 1010 models is the new HyperCrystal II LCD screen, which is 4 times brighter than ordinary LCDs. Price and availability of the Olympus mju 1020 to be announced.
Extract from Olympus Europe Press Release
Photographers looking for powerful zooming capabilities will be pleased with the phenomenal 7x optical zoom (equiv. to 37-260mm) of the µ 1020. Available in Starry Silver or Midnight Black, this slim-bodied model features a generous 10.1 Megapixels to ensure not a single precious detail goes missing. Furthermore, the µ 1020 features the light and compact LI-50B rechargeable battery with an increased lifespan – so shooting can now go on for up to 25% longer without a recharge!
* 7x optical zoom (37-260mm*) for exciting close ups
* 10.1 Megapixels to make poster-size prints
* 6.9cm/2.7” HyperCrystal II LCD with extra bright display even in brilliant sunlight
* 23 scene modes for the best results in different situations
* Slim, metallic body in a choice of Starry Silver and Midnight Black
* Underwater shooting up to a water pressure equivalent of 40m possible in combination with optional underwater case PT-042
Common features of the µ 840, µ 1010 and µ 1020
* Avoids blur thanks to Dual Image Stabilisation
* Face Detection Technology for perfectly focused and exposed faces plus correct exposure of other image areas
* Better low light shooting thanks to BrightCapture Technology
* New in-camera panorama function
* Liven up your memories with movie recording with sound (up to VGA resolution at 30fps)
* TruePic III image processor for faster image handling and higher image quality