Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The Olympus Tough TG-1 is the toughest Olympus camera ever released. The 12 megapixel TG-1 is waterproof (12m), shockproof (2m), freezeproof (-10°C) and crushproof (100kg), and has an f2.0 aperture high-speed lens that can capture excellent quality images even 12 metres underwater. You can also attach waterproof fisheye and telephoto converters to the TG-1 using an optional adapter.
The Olympus Tough TG-1 comes in silver and costs £359.99. The fisheye converter retails at £129.99 and the tele converter at £129.99. The converter adapter is available for £19.99. An additional housing will be available soon that will enable the TG-1 to be taken to a depth of 45m together with a powerful flash attachment to boost onboard illumination at depth.
Olympus UK Press Release
Latest TOUGH camera boasts ground breaking picture quality
New Olympus TG-1 with f2.0 super wide high-speed lens sets new benchmark in compact underwater photography
Southend-on-Sea, 8 May 2012 – Even by the extremely high standards of Olympus’ category-defining TOUGH range of cameras, the new TG-1 TOUGH flagship takes remarkable pictures – and boasts some remarkable features. Its superb extra-wide f2.0 aperture high-speed lens can capture excellent quality images even in the permanent twilight found 12 metres underwater, which is exactly where this camera is engineered to excel. The TG-1 is waterproof*, shockproof*, freezeproof* and crushproof*. For all-action risk-takers or reef-loving divers, its peace of mind sealed in a stylish all-metal body. Full of high-tech innovations, the TG-1 features new Olympus iHS technology (Intelligence, High Sensitivity and High Speed), GPS and e.compass, plus a colour-rich, high-contrast, anti-reflective 3-inch OLED display. A treat for the serious photographer, new waterproof fisheye and tele converter lenses can be used via an optional adapter. The three new shooting modes - Low Light, Super Sports and Super Macro – make recording movies and stills easier even in tricky conditions. The Toughest Olympus yet, TG-1 will be available in time for the holidays – from mid-June 2012 – for just £359.99
Let there be light
No matter how tough your camera, in the end it’s excellent picture quality that counts. And picture quality is what the new TOUGH flagship is all about. Its f2.0 super-bright, high-speed lens gives the name TOUGH a new meaning – it’s really tough to get anything less than an outstanding shot. The lens is an eye-opening example of cutting-edge optical engineering. Combined with the powerful TruePic VI image processor and 12-Megapixel low-noise, high-sensitivity CMOS sensor, this lens makes it possible to shoot pictures that until now simply weren’t feasible with an all-weather ruggedized camera at this price. In low light conditions and with fast-moving objects, the new lens transforms the range of auto-focussed images you can take. The TG-1 also features the same FAST AF system technology found in Olympus’ PEN cameras, so in fast-action situations you have an excellent chance of getting your perfect Full HD movie or still.
Unlike with most cameras in the compact class, you can attach waterproof converters to the TG-1 using an optional adapter. A fisheye converter (FCON-T01) captures wider, more dynamic images even with dark underwater scenes; while the tele converter (TCON-T01) lets you increase the optical zoom ratio by 6.8x – for dramatic close-ups with professional-looking background blur. With the Super-resolution Zoom feature, you can even reach a magnification of 13.6x.
Let the games begin
A TOUGH is for people who don’t want to hold back. It’s worry-free and that makes life a whole lot more fun. From the top of an Alpine mountain to the bottom of a tropical lagoon, you can take it everywhere and capture everything. Your camera will be OK. It’s crushproof* to a force of 100kg, waterproof* to a depth of 12 metres, shockproof to a height of 2 metres and freezeproof* to -10°C. What’s more, the TG-1 is equipped with new features that make recording movies and stills easier even in tricky conditions. Like Low Light Mode that automatically speeds up the shutter to prevent blur when you want to capture the special atmosphere of a low-light scene. Or Super Macro Mode, that lets you zoom in for spectacular close-ups of objects just one cm from the lens.
The OLYMPUS TOUGH TG-1 comes in silver and costs £359.99. The fisheye converter retails at £129.99 and the tele converter at £129.99. The converter adapter is available for £19.99. An additional housing will be available soon that will enable the TG-1 to be taken to a depth of 45m together with a powerful flash attachment to boost onboard illumination at depth. Full details of the complete new system are show on the TG-1 system chart.
• Crushproof to 100kg*, waterproof* to 12m, shockproof* to 2m and freezeproof* to -10°C for worry-free use anytime anywhere
• Sliding double lock mechanism and metal body for optimum protection of battery, card slots and ports
• Hard glass lens barrier for extra-tough lens protection
• Water-repellent and scratch resistant double seal technology
• GPS & e.compass with unique three-sensor technology for orientation and key information at a glance
• Improved TAP Control Mode for controlling the camera by tapping or tilting the body, ideal when wearing gloves
• Built-in manometer for checking depth underwater
• LED illuminator for lighting up underwater scenes or macro subjects
• 4x wide optical zoom (25-100mm**) for shooting flexibility
• 12 Megapixel backlit CMOS sensor for high-resolution, superb-quality full-size movies, stills and prints
• f2.0-4.9 wide-aperture high-speed lens for dramatic shots with low depth of field or reduced blur in low light
• Powerful TruePic VI image engine for faster recovery time and shutter release plus excellent image quality
• iHS technologies for capturing exactly the shots you want irrespective of shooting conditions
• Low Light Mode for sharper, more atmospheric shots in low light
• Super Sports Mode for sharper sequential shots of fast-moving subjects
• Super Macro Mode for stunning macros just 1cm from the lens
• 1080p Full HD Movie with sound for capturing movies in the best image quality currently available in compact cameras
• Multi-motion Movie IS for recording Full HD movies with reduced blur while walking
• Dual Image Stabilisation for reducing blur with fast-moving shots
• HDR Backlight Adjustment for ideal exposure when shooting against the light
• Magic Filters for adding creative effects to HD movies and/or stills: Punk, Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Soft Focus, Fish Eye, Sparkle (photos only), Watercolour, Reflection, Miniature, Fragmented (photos only), Dramatic
• Advanced Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking for easy setting and focussing
• Face Detection and Advanced Shadow Adjustment Technology for capturing people’s faces just as you want them
• Super-resolution Zoom for digitally extending the range of the optical zoom with virtually no loss of image quality
• 3D photo shooting mode for striking stills
• ISO 100 to 6400
• Beauty Make-up Mode for hiding unwanted blemishes
• Pet Detection Mode for automatically capturing dog’s or cat’s faces when they look at the camera
• In-Camera Panorama for quick and easy panorama shots
• Scene Mode for automatic settings that suit specific conditions, including Landscape, Night and i-Underwater Snapshot
Storage & Sharing
• 3.0” OLED (610,000 dots) display for improved playback and visibility during shooting with enhanced contrast, brightness and angle of view
• SDHC and SDXC memory card compatible***
• Eye-Fi Card compatibility for automatic wireless uploading of images to a website or PC
• Photo Surfing and [ib] software for browsing, organising and viewing images by person, place, location or event
• HDMI technology for controlling your camera from one remote when it’s connected to HD equipment
• Built-in flash
• In-camera help guide
• USB charging
* Waterproof according to IEC standard publication 529 IPX8. Shockproof figures equivalent to MIL Standard (Olympus test conditions). Freezeproof according to Olympus test conditions.
** 35mm camera equivalent.
*** SD is a trademark of SD Card Association. UHS I is not supported.
Product specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check the Olympus website at http://www.olympus.co.uk for the latest specifications.
Click on a thumbnail to see the full version.