Olympus VG-150 and VG-160
The Olympus VG-150 and VG-160 are the most affordable models in the manufacturer’s new compact camera line-up. The 12-megapixel Olympus VG-150 is equipped with a 27-108mm equivalent zoom lens and a 2.7” LCD monitor, and shoots VGA movies. The 14-megapixel Olympus VG-160 has a 26-130mm equivalent lens and a 3” rear screen, and is capable of recording 720p videos. Both cameras come with an assortment of features including Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment Technology, a range of “Magic Filters”. The Olympus VG-160 is available in silver, black, red or orange for €79. The VG-150 comes in silver or black for €69.
Olympus Press Release
Olympus keeps the quality but cuts the cost VG-160 & VG-150 launch at ultra-competitive price
New entry level VG Series cameras offer superb value-for-money
Hamburg, 10 January 2012 – Whatever the state of the economy, Olympus’ new VG Series compact cameras mean everyone can enjoy the simple pleasures of capturing and sharing memories in excellent quality. Even for entry-level models, the super-slender Olympus VG-160 and VG-150 offer outstanding value for money. Like all Olympus cameras, they make it quick and easy to record high-quality still photos and movies in everyday situations. Both come with a wide optical zoom lens, powerful Digital Image Stabilisation and all the megapixels you could need. They also feature a full array of automatic imaging aids like i-Auto, Shadow Adjustment Technology and a range of Magic Filters for adding special effects to still photos. The VG-160 even has an instant Movie Rec button so whenever you see something that you want to record, you can switch straight to HD Movie mode with just one touch. The VG-160 is available from early February for €79 and the VG-150 from early March for just €69.
High on quality, low on cost
The new Olympus VG Series has a lot to be proud of, not least the unbeatable price. The super-compact VG-160 and VG-150 make Olympus’ renowned optics available to everyone browsing the shelves on a budget. In this price bracket, the spec is extremely impressive. The 12-Megapixel VG-150 comes with a versatile 4x wide optical zoom lens (27-108mm*). The 14-Megapixel VG-160 goes one better, sporting a superb 5x optical zoom and a wide 26-130mm* lens packed into its super-slim body. At just 19.3mm deep, the VG-160 slips easily into a coat pocket, as does the
VG-150, which measures just 19.8mm.
High on creativity, low on hassle
Despite the attractive price tag, VG Series are packed with features that make it easy to take beautiful shots at the drop of a hat. A large 2.7” colour LCD (3” on the VG-160) gives a clear overview of tried-and-tested automatic aids like AF Tracking and Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto), plus some of the same on-camera Magic Filters found on Olympus high-end cameras. On the VG-160, the separate red Movie Rec button ensures instant access to movie mode, so you can start recording in 720p High Definition quality without even entering the menu.
When you want to capture your memories, with either VG Series camera in your hand all you have to do is point and shoot.
The Olympus VG-160 is available in silver, black, red or orange for €79. The VG-150 comes in silver or black for €69.
• 5x wide optical zoom lens (26-130mm*) for effortless close-ups and wide-angle shots (VG-150: 4x wide optical zoom lens and 27-108mm*)
• 720p HD Movie with sound for capturing movies effortlessly in excellent quality (VG-150: VGA Movie)
• 14 Megapixels for high-quality full-size movies, stills and prints (VG-150: 12 Megapixels)
• Digital Image Stabilisation for reducing blur
• 3” colour LCD (230,000 dots) for easily framing, reviewing and sharing shots (VG-150: 2.7” colour LCD)
• Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment Technology for capturing people’s faces just as you want them
• Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking for easy setting and focussing
• Scene Mode for automatic settings that suit specific conditions
(e.g., Landscape, Night)
Creativity & Flexibility:
• Magic Filters for adding creative effects to still photos:
Punk, Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fish Eye, Soft Focus and Sparkle
Other key features:
• Super-slim body for an attractive, highly portable design
• [ib] software for browsing, organising and viewing images by person, place, location or event.
• ISO 80 to 1600 (VG-150: 100 to 1600)
• SDHC memory card compatible**
• Built-in flash
• In-camera manual
• USB battery charging
* 35mm camera equivalent.
** SD is a trademark of SD Card Association. UHS Speed Class is not supported.