Olympus VR-330 and VR-320
The Olympus VR-330 and VR-320 are new 14 megapixel compact cameras with 12.5x zoom lenses. Priced at £159.99 and £139.99 respectively, the VR330 and VR320 both offer a 3 inch LCD screen, 720p HD Movies and Dual Image Stabilisation. The VR-330 additionally features a high-resolution screen, 3D photo shooting and a HDMI port. The Olympus VR-330 and VR-320 are available from February in silver, black, red and blue.
Olympus UK Press Release
Prices of Olympus’ two new VR cameras are hard to believe
OLYMPUS VR Series gets 12.5x zoom, HDMI and 3D
VR-330 & VR-320 compacts offer even better value
Hamburg, 8 February 2011 – Olympus’ new VR Series compacts are all about value. The priceless value of capturing high-quality movies and stills with no effort at all – and the unbeatable value for money of a compact camera that’s packed with fun-filled technical wizardry. An impressive zoom lens, super-slim design and clever technology were the hallmarks of the VR-310 launched in January. Now Olympus introduces two more VRs with even better spec: the VR-320 and the top-of-the-range VR-330. Both come with a more powerful 12.5x super wide 24-300mm* optical zoom lens that combines with advanced automatic features to deliver brilliant images – no skill required. The VR-330 even adds 3D still photos, a bright 460,000 dot, three inch LCD and an HDMI output that makes it simpler to review movies and photos on a High Definition TV. In this category, both cameras offer unparalleled performance for the lowest possible price. Strange but true! Both cameras are available from February 2011, with the VR-330 being sold through all good online retailers and the VR-320 exclusively at Jessops. Priced at £159.99 and £139.99 respectively.
Once again, Olympus’ optical engineers have the competition scratching their heads, wondering how they managed to squeeze a precision 12.5x super wide optical zoom lens (24-300mm*) into two beautifully slim compacts that measure just 19.3mm deep (with the zoom retracted). Stand a VR Series next to another camera with a 12x zoom and it becomes clear what a big difference a few millimetres can make. And the VRs still give their users the added flexibility of a category-busting super wide zoom lens that can zoom way out wide or right up close – and capture all those special shots that slim cameras normally can’t. Whether it’s a radiant 14 Megapixel still photo or a blur-free movie in 720p HD, in this price bracket it’s hard to see how picture quality could get any better than this.
Even by VR Series standards, for a compact camera the VR-330 is a bit special. It comes with optional automatic 3D photo mode, so users can enjoy the enhanced realism of 3D stills that appear to pop right out of the screen, especially when viewed on a big HD TV. The VR-330 is also HDMI compatible, so when it’s time to play back, users can control their camera from their usual TV remote – and there’s no loss of Olympus HD quality. That’s typical of a host of Olympus-unique features that make both new VR Series cameras a delight to use. Nothing unnecessary that would add to the price, just clever, practical features that make it easier to take great pictures. In addition to Dual Image Stabilisation (virtually eliminates blurring), there’s i-Auto and Shadow Adjustment Technology that automatically choose the right settings for tricky conditions or subjects. Users also have a choice of no fewer than seven of the Magic Filters featured on Olympus’ high-end cameras, so they can get creative and add artistic effects to their shots at the touch of a button.
The OLYMPUS VR-330 (online retailers only) and the OLYMPUS VR-320 (Jessops exclusive) are both available from February in silver, black, red and blue. For just £159.99 and £139.99 respectively.
• 3” colour LCD (460,000 dots) for easily framing, reviewing and sharing shots
• HDMI output / control for a one-cable connection to an HD TV with no loss of HD video or audio quality
Creativity & Flexibility
• 3D photo shooting for the enhanced realism of 3D
• 3” colour LCD (230,400 dots) for easily framing, reviewing and sharing shots
• 12.5x super wide angle optical zoom (24-300mm*) for superb close-ups and group shots
• 720p HD Movie with sound for capturing movies in excellent quality
• 14 Megapixels for high-quality full-size movies, stills and prints
• Dual Image Stabilisation for reducing blur with fast-moving shots
• Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment Technology for capturing people’s faces just as you want them
• Intelligent Auto Mode (i-Auto) and AF Tracking for easy setting and focussing
• Scene Mode for automatic settings that suit specific conditions
(e.g., Landscape, Night)
Creativity & Flexibility
• Magic Filters for adding creative effects to still photos:
Punk, Pop Art, Pin Hole, Drawing, Fish Eye, Soft Focus, plus new Sparkle
Other key features
• Full-metal, super-slim body for an attractive, robust design
• [ib] software for browsing, organising and viewing images by person, place, location or event
• ISO 100 to 1600
• SD and SDHC memory card compatible**
• USB battery charging
* 35mm camera equivalent.
** SD is a trademark of SD Card Association.
For a full list of features, please go to http://www.olympus.co.uk
Click on a thumbnail to see the full version.