Mac users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Omnivision has annonced two new, 1/2.3” type16-megapixel sensors that are capable of recording 4K video at 60fps. Built on OmniVision’s 1.34-micron OmniBSI-2 pixel architecture, the OV16820 and OV16825 sensors are capable of operating in full resolution (4608 x 3456) at 30 fps, 4K2K (3840 x 2160) video at 60 fps, and 1080p HD video at 60 fps with extra pixels for electronic image stabilisation.
Omnivision Press Release
Color CMOS 16 Megapixel (4608 x 3456) Image Sensor with OmniBSI-2 Technology
OmniVision’s OV16820 and OV16825 are 16-megapixel CameraChip™ sensors that support 16-megapixel burst photography and can capture 4K2K, or Quad Full High Definition (QFHD), video at 60 frames per second (fps). Built on OmniVision’s high-performance 1.34-micron OmniBSI-2™ pixel architecture, the OV16820 and OV16825 support emerging standards in high-resolution video recording for the digital still and video camera (DSC/DVC) markets and the high-end smartphone market.
The 1/2.3-inch CameraChip sensors are capable of operating in full resolution (4608 x 3456) at 30 fps, 4K2K (3840 x 2160) video at 60 fps, and 1080p HD video at 60 fps with extra pixels for electronic image stabilization (EIS). The sensors are capable of 16-megapixel burst photography for capturing high resolution images in rapid succession. All required image processing functions, including defective pixel and noise canceling, RAW scaling, image size, frame rate, exposure, gain, cropping and orientation are programmable through the serial camera control bus (SCCB) interface.
The OV16820 and OV16825 support 10-12 bit RAW RGB images and 8-10 DPCM compression. Both offer industry-standard connectivity, including up to 8-lane MIPI and LVDS output interfaces for high data transfer rates. The OV16820 is available in a ceramic land grid array (CLGA) package, while the OV16825 is available in die form (RW/COB).
* OmniBSI-2 (second generation BSI)
* Support for image sizes: 4608 x 3456 and below
* 16 megapixel at 30 fps
* 4K2K at 60 fps
* 8-lane LVDS/MIPI serial output interface
* Two-wire serial bus control (SCCB)
* Four-wire serial interface
* Strobe output to control flash
* Embedded 2048 bytes of one-time programmable (OTP) memory
* On-chip phase lock loop (PLL)
* Supports pixel binning, re-sampling filter
* On-chip scalar
* 2x2, 3x3 binning support
* Support for output format: 10/12 bits RAW RGB and DPCM 10-8 compression
* Capable of maintaining register values at power down
* Programmable controls: gain, exposure, frame rate, image size, horizontal mirror, vertical flip, cropping, RAW scaling, windowing, and panning
* Image control functions: manual exposure (MEC), manual gain control (MGC) and automatic black level calibration (ABLC)
* Image quality controls: defect pixel correction
* Low dark current
* Support for black sun cancellation
* Built-in temperature sensor