Panasonic Announces New Conversion Lenses for Micro Four Thirds
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".
The Luminar Creative Bundle includes a mega preset pack, overlays, an eBook and more all for free. Plus, Luminar also now offers free and premium preset packs. Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Panasonic today announced four new conversion lenses that are compatible with the Lumix G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S. and the Lumix G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH. Micro Four Thirds lenses. The DMW-GWC1 wide conversion lens turns a 14mm lens into a 11mm, the DMW-GTC1 teleconverter (only compatible with the zoom) effectively doubles the focal length of your lens, the DMW-GMC1 is a macro conversion lens that allows you to focus the 14mm lens down to 0.14m and the 14-42mm power zoom to 0.16m, while the DMC-GFC1 fisheye converter helps you shoot creative and unique photographs with a very pronounced barrel distortion and an ultra-wide 120-degree angle of view. Pricing and availability will be announced approximately 30 days prior to shipping.
Panasonic Press Release
Panasonic Introduces Four New Conversion Lenses for the LUMIX G Series of Compact System Cameras
LAS VEGAS, Jan. 9, 2012—Panasonic today announces four new conversion lenses that are compatible with the H-PS14042 (LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S.) and H-H014* (LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH.) Panasonic Micro Four Thirds lenses, which are part of the LUMIX G Series and compatible with the company’s compact system cameras (CSC).
These compact and lightweight conversion lenses are built to be mobile and allow users of Panasonic LUMIX G series digital cameras to easily switch a lens to enjoy the benefits and flexibility of different shooting options and angles. The four new conversion lenses include:
* DMW-GWC1 Wide Conversion Lens: Helps to capture dynamic scenery with a wider viewing angle and extends the focal length of wide-end from 14mm to 11mm when attached to the front of the lens. Also helpful when shooting indoor group photos where space is often limited. (Compatible with H-PS14042 and H-H014 lenses)
* DMW-GTC1 Tele Conversion Lens: Helps capture a subject that is faraway by extending the focal length of tele-end from 42mm to 84mm when attached to the front of the lens.** This conversion lens is particularly helpful when shooting long-distance street-view shots while traveling. (Compatible with H-PS14042 lens)
* DMW-GMC1 Macro Conversion Lens: Designed to enable extremely close macro shooting at a focus distance of just 0.14m when attached to the front of the lens.*** This conversion lens is ideal for capturing amazing detail in small subjects such as flowers and insects. (Compatible with H-PS14042 and H-H014 lenses)
* DMW-GFC1 Fisheye Conversion Lens: Helps users shoot creative and unique photographs with a rounded, 120-degree angle, effect. (Compatible with H-PS14042 and H-H014 lenses)
All four new conversion lenses come with an included adaptor ring for use with the H-PS14042 lens and H-H014, with the exception of the DMC-GTC1, which is compatible with the H-PS14042 only.
The H-PS14042 (the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 14-42mm/F3.5-5.6 ASPH./POWER O.I.S.) is a cutting-edge interchangeable lens with electric-powered zoom operation from Panasonic’s premium lens brand “X” for LUMIX G Series. Using Panasonic’s optical technologies, the new lens features superb image rendering for lifelike textures and crisp edge-to-edge contrast.
The H-H014 (LUMIX G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH.) lens is an extremely lightweight and compact single focal length lens with a 14mm wide angle and F2.5 brightness. Taking advantage of the wide angle of view and deep depth of field, the compact lens offers excellent performance in shooting of not only landscapes but also snapshots or indoor shooting.
Pricing and 2012 availability will be announced approximately 30 days prior to shipping. For more information, and live coverage on January 10-11 from Panasonic at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show, please visit http://www.panasonic.com/CES. Plus, follow Panasonic’s CES activities on Twitter @PanasonicEvents and join the conversations.
* The DMW-GTC1 is not compatible with the H-H014 lens.
**Attachable when the lens is at tele-end
*** Closest focusing distance is 0.14m with H-H014 and 0.16m with H-PS14042. Longest Focusing Distance is 0.23m with H-H014 and 0.26m with H-PS14042.
About Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America
Based in Secaucus, N.J., Panasonic Consumer Marketing Company of North America, a Division of Panasonic Corporation of North America, the principal North American Subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic’s U.S. marketing, sales, service and R&D operations, offers a wide-range of consumer solutions in the U.S. and Canada. The Company’s portfolio of innovative consumer products ranges from VIERA Full HD 3D Televisions, Blu-ray players, LUMIX Digital Cameras, Camcorders, Home Audio, Cordless Phones, Home Appliances, Wellness and Personal Care products and more.
Panasonic is pledged to practice prudent, sustainable use of the earth’s natural resources and protect our environment through the company’s Eco Ideas programs. Panasonic was the only Consumer Electronics company to be listed in the top ten brands on the Interbrand Best Global Green Brands 2011 ranking. Follow Panasonic on Twitter @panasonicdirect, and additional company information for media is available at http://www.panasonic.com/pressroom.