Panasonic DMC-GH2 Firmware Update
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for purchase with special launch pricing. (Existing Macphun customers get a further discount.)
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Panasonic have announced a new firmware update for the DMC-GH2 compact system camera. Available at the beginning of December, the new update adds a 24Mbps bit rate, support for Power Zoom lenses, full area enlargement of AF area setting, better AF performance in video recording, and several other improvements.
Panasonic Press Release
Panasonic Announces the Firmware Update Program for DMC-GH2 and PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition
Panasonic announces the new firmware update program for the digital interchangeable lens system cameras DMC-GH2 of LUMIX G Micro System and for the GH2 bundled software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition.
The new firmware programs will be available worldwide from the beginning of December at http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/.
The following functions will be available with the new firmware:
• New video mode which is suitable for editing video recorded at high bit rate (24Mbps)
• New functional option with Power Zoom Lens ([DISP FOCAL LENGTH (Display of Focal Length)], [STEP ZOOM], [ZOOM RESUME], [ZOOM SPEED] and [ZOOM RING *])
• Full area enlargement of AF area setting
• Improvement in the speed of consecutive shooting when shot with auto bracket
• Increased number of recordable images in consecutive shooting
• [EX.TELE CONV. (Extra Tele Conversion)] can be set ON/OFF separately in photo or video recording
• More accurate light adjustment of built-in flash
• Improvement in the AF performance in video recording
• Synchronization of alarm volume for low battery with [BEEP VOLUME]
• New [HALF-PRESS RELEASE] function
• Improved NR(Noise Reduction) in high sensitivity shooting
• ON/OFF control of the touch-screen
For PHOTOfunSTUDIO 6.0 BD Edition
• Compatible with new video mode added with the GH2 firmware update mentioned above
* Available with LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. only.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business, and industrial needs. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 8.69 trillion yen (€79 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2011. The company’s shares are listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE:PC) stock exchanges. For more information on the company and the Panasonic brand, visit the company’s website at http://panasonic.net/.