Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ30
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 with special Valentine Day bonuses (two eBooks, Vivid Wonderland preset pack, & Creative Sky Overlay pack) included for free until February 19. Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ30 is a 16-megapixel camera with 35x optical zoom. The lens has a 35mm equivalent focal range of 25-875mm and features an optical formula comprising14 elements in 10 groups including three extra-low-dispersion elements and one dual-sided aspherical lens element. Manual operation is available for LZ30 users with P and M modes expanding the photographic experience and for those who enjoy more creative photography. Thanks to newly integrated creative controls the DMC-LZ30 lets users shoot with a filter effect (Expressive, Retro, Low Key, High Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process and One Point Color) that can be pre-visualised on-screen before taking a photo. Furthermore, a Creative Retouch function is available within the camera and enables applying a filter effect (Retro, Low Key, High Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Star Filter and One Point Color) to the picture after shooting. Panorama Shot and HDR are also incorporated in the Panasonic LZ30. The thriee-inch, 460,000-dot LCD ensures high visibility in any lighting circumstances, which is excellent for both shooting and playing back images, the company claims. The Panasonic Lumix. LZ30 will be available from April.
Panasonic Press Release
Introducing a Powerful 35x Optical Zoom Bridge Camera: New LUMIX DMC-LZ30
To add to the line up of existing award winning LUMIX Bridge cameras, Panasonic unveils the new stylish and creative LUMIX DMC-LZ30, featuring a powerful 35x optical zoom1 lens with Optical Image Stabilizer. The 16.1-megapixel high resolution CCD and high performance image processing LSI powerfully supports shooting high quality photo and video.
The lens unit comprises 14 elements in 10 groups including 3 ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) lens and 1 dual-sided aspherical all within an outstandingly compact body.
Thanks to an included Extra Optical Zoom function the LZ30 can extends zoom power to 78.8x (at 3-megapixel resolution) by using the centre part of the 16-megapixel high resolution CCD. As well as bringing the subject closer, the 25mm ultra wide angle lens captures a wider angle of view compared with a standard 35mm camera, helpful for shooting dynamic landscapes or indoor group portraits.
Together with the 16-megapixel high resolution CCD sensor, the image processor can reproduce superior quality images at ISO 1600 and max. ISO 6400 with High Sensitivity mode.
For beginners, the LZ30 features LUMIX’s popular iA (Intelligent Auto) function powerfully assists in any shooting situations to get the best result and the reduction of miss-shots. The mode is a comprehensive integration of Optical Image Stabilizer, Face Detection, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure - the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose shots, aim and shoot the subject. The Face Detection sets appropriate AF/AE on the face of people while removing the unwanted red-eye. The Intelligent Exposure corrects the brightness in parts of the image that are too dark due to insufficient lighting, backlighting or use of the flash. The Intelligent Scene Selector automatically selects whichever of 6 Scene modes - Macro, Portrait, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery and Sunset - that best suit the shooting situation.
Manual operation is available for LZ30 users with P and M mode expanding the photographic experience and for those who enjoy more creative photography. Thanks to newly integrated creative controls the DMC-LZ30 lets users shoot with a filter effect (Expressive, Retro, Low Key, High Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process and One Point Color) while checking on the LCD how it makes difference to the picture, this feature can also be used for video recording, too. Creative Retouch is also available within the camera and enables applying a filter effect (Retro, Low Key, High Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Star Filter and One Point Color) on the picture after shooting.
Panorama Shot and HDR(High Dynamic Range) are also incorporated in DMC-LZ30 - producing a dynamic panorama image in camera by overlaying consequent pictures shot horizontally / vertically with Panorama Shot function plus
DMC-LZ30 is capable of recording HD video in 720p. The 3.0-inch large 460,000-dot LCD assures high visibility in any lighting circumstances, which is excellent for both shooting and playing back images. It also features an ergonomically studied body design that offers stable, comfortable grip even holding a camera long time. Featuring a strong presence of the powerful zoom lens, the external design of DMC-LZ30 is distinguished yet sophisticated.
With the bundled software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.0 Lite Edition, videos can be easily edited and uploaded to YouTube to share them with family or friends.
The LZ30 will be available from April.
• YouTube is a trademark of Google Inc.
• All other company and product names are trademarks of their respective corporations.
• This unit is compatible with both SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards. You can only use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are compatible with them. You cannot use SDHC Memory Cards on devices that are only compatible with SD Memory Cards. (When using an SDHC Memory Card on another device, be sure to read the operating instructions for that device.)
• SDHC Memory Cards and SDXC Memory Cards can be used only in equipment that is compatible with their respective formats.
• If the computer being used does not support SDXC Memory Cards, a message prompting you to format may appear. (Doing so will cause recorded images to be erased so do not choose to format.) If the card is not recognized, please refer to the below support site.
• Some accessories are not available in some countries.
• The use of recorded or printed materials that are protected by copyright for any purpose other than personal enjoyment is prohibited, as it would infringe upon the rights of the copyright holder.
• Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
• Models of VIERA TV that are capable of playing back Motion JPEG images via the SD card slot vary depending on the sales area.
• Use a card with SD Speed Class* with “Class 6” or higher when recording motion pictures.
* SD speed class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing.
• For Europe, motion images can be recorded continuously for up to 15 minutes.