Cactus have announced two second-generation V6 wireless flash transceivers. Offering compatibility with Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax flashes, the Cactus V6 II now supports HSS / FP mode in the same cross-brand environment. The Cactus V6 IIs (pictured) incorporates all the functions of the V6 II, but comes with a Sony-compatible hot shoe. Additionally, both the V6 II and IIs now have an automatic LED AF-assist light. The Cactus V6 II and IIs are currently scheduled to be available in 2016 July and August respectively, priced at $95 each.
Cactus Press Release
Cactus V6 II & IIs
Go high-speed sync! Cactus launches the V6 II, a newest version of its popular Wireless Flash Transceiver to add cross-brand HSS and the V6 IIs, a dedicated Sony version.
Hong Kong, June Hong Kong, June24, 2016 – After two years in the making, Cactus V6 II & IIs - the second generation of the World’s First cross-brand wireless flash transceiver, NOW supports high-speed synchronisation (HSS)!
Besides the revolutionary remote power control of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic and Pentax flashes all at the same time, the new models now support HSS / FP mode in the same cross-brand environment.1 This unique function gives photographers flexibility undreamed of. Matching flashes with same camera system for off-camera flash photography is over.
Two High-Speed Sync Modes
1. Normal HSS: Supports shutter speed up to 1/8000s.
2. Power Sync: Boosts flash contribution above camera’s x-sync speed, perfect for extreme conditions where Normal HSS is not powerful enough.2 Cactus also extends HSS capabilities to Fujifilm cameras despite them not yet supporting high-speed sync at the time of writing.
Both the V6 II and IIs now has an automatic LED AF-assist light that makes auto-focusing in dark environments possible – even in pitched-black!3 Besides the camera-mounted V6 II/IIs, off-camera units will also activate the AF-assist light, which helps focusing even when camera is far from the subject.
V6 IIs for Sony
The dedicated Sony version – V6 IIs, embodies all the desirable functions of its sibling V6 II but with a Sony compatible hot shoe on the transceiver body, ensuring a seamless and secured connection with Sony cameras and flashes. Mounting the V6 IIs on a Sony Alpha camera allows the photographer to shoot above camera’s maximum x-sync speed and control power and zoom of Sony, including those with a Minolta/Sony hot shoe via an adapter, and other V6 II compatible flashes. 4 It is the perfect wireless flash trigger for existing and new users of Sony Alpha cameras, especially those who may still have non-Sony system flashes in their camera bags.
V6 II and IIs can now auto-detect the on-camera portable flashes at device start-up by selecting the system the flash belongs to and assigning an Auto flash profile.
Similarly, the V6 II will auto-detect the camera and selects the system accordingly. 5 This simple plug-and-play makes the setting up extremely quick and easy that both amateurs and professionals appreciate.
Expands Flash Compatibility
Remote zoom control now applies to all compatible TTL flashes, gives the photographer much quicker controls. Better still, previously unsupported digital TTL flash models on the V6 are now being supported.
Features at a Glance
1. Cross-brand wireless manual power and zoom control with HSS support of Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax and Sony flashes;
2. Two cross-brand high-speed sync modes:
• Normal HSS supports shutter speeds up to 1/8000s; Normal HSS
• Power Sync boosts flash contribution above camera’s Power Sync x-sync speed;
3. Multi-master supports up to 20 photographers firing the same set of flashes at their own power settings;
4. AF-assist light assist light assist light assists focusing in low light environment;
5. Flash profile customization ensures accurate power Flash profile customization output;
6. Work seamlessly with the RF60 series to support HSS Work seamlessly with the RF60 series and Power Sync;
7. Other useful features inherited from the V6 useful features inherited from the V6 useful features inherited from the V6 including:
• Lo Power
• Absolute Power
• TTL Pass-through
• Group Sequence
• Sport Shutter
• Remote Shutter
• Relay Mode
• Delay Mode
• Firmware Update support
Price and Availability
Cactus V6 II and IIs are currently scheduled to be available in 2016 July and August respectively and both are priced at US$95.00 (ex VAT).
Headquarter in Hong Kong, Cactus designs and engineers professional wireless photographic lighting equipment - wireless flash triggers, wireless portable flash, laser trigger, and other lighting and camera accessories in our Hong Kong studio.
Cactus is a global brand with distributors and dealers throughout the world.
1 With the exception of Pentax system flashes due to special timing requirements so it must be paired with a Pentax camera in order to support HSS.
2 Power Sync may require the user to adjust the sync time in order to eliminate any banding issues (black line across the image).
3 AF-assist works when the camera sends out a corresponding signal.
4 Sony system flash supports HSS sync modes only when it is triggered by a Sony Alpha camera.
5 To auto-detect camera system, half-press the shutter release of camera while switching on the V6 II to TX mode.