Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The Pentax AF160FC is a new auto macro flash designed for use with Pentax DSLR cameras. This new accessory flash unit utilises the automatic exposure-control system of Pentax’s DSLRs, producing uniform lighting on close-up subjects. The Pentax AF160FC has a maximum guide number of 16 and features a single control dial on the back panel to simplify flash-mode changes and discharge-level adjustments. Price and availability of the Pentax AF160FC to be announced.
Pentax UK Press Release
PENTAX U.K. is pleased to announce the launch of the PENTAX AF160FC dedicated auto macro flash. This new accessory flash unit utilises the automatic exposure-control system of PENTAX digital SLR cameras and has been specifically designed for advanced close-up shots.
(1) Uniform lighting on the subject to minimise unwanted shadows, making it ideal for close-up shots;
(2) P-TTL auto flash system to consistently ensure correct exposure levels, by measuring the flash’s pre-discharge with the camera’s image sensors and assessing the subject’s lighting condition with the camera’s multi-pattern metering system;
(3) Maximum guide number of 16 (at ISO 100/m);
(4) User-friendly operation with a single control dial on the back panel to simplify flash-mode changes and discharge-level adjustments;
(5) Advanced flash applications, including contrast-control auto flash and independent switching between two flash bulbs.
Guide Number (G.N.): 16 max. (at ISO 100/m)
Manual settings: Full, 1/4, 1/16
Discharge Angles: 60 degrees horizontally/vertically
Flash Modes: (1) P-TTL (TTL corrective auto flash)
(2) TTL (TTL auto flash)
(3) M (Manual flash at full, 1/4 and 1/16 discharge
Flash Range: (1) Film-speed coupling range: ISO 100 to ISO 6400
(in P-TTL and TTL
modes) (Illumination range: approx. 0.18m to 2.0m (at G.N.
16, ISO 100, F8)
compensation: +0.5 EV, -0.5 EV, -1EV (via control-dial operation)
Power sources: (1) 4 AA-size alkaline batteries
(2) 4 AA-size lithium batteries
(3) 4 AA-size Ni-MH batteries
Dimensions: (1) Flash unit: 113 mm (diameter) x 29.5 mm (depth)
(2) Controller unit: 68 mm (W) x 83 mm (H) x 115 mm (D)
Weight: Approx. 405g (without batteries)