The Pentax K-S1 is a new, 20.12-megapixel camera that bucks the trend of conventional digital SLR camera design. Available in 12 different colour variations, this camera also boasts an innovative illumination interface system that intuitively reacts to changes in camera operation from stills to video. Other highlights include Full HD movie recording with stereo audio, a top shutter speed of 1/6000s, a high-speed continuous shooting function with a top speed of 5.4 images per second, an optical viewfinder offering 100% field of view, a 3.0-inch, high-resolution LCD monitor with a newly designed, easy-to-use graphical user interface, 21 digital filters and a dust removal mechanism for effective elimination of dust on the image sensor. The suggested retail price is £549.99 (body only), £599.99 with the DA L 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 lens and £679.99 with the SMC DA L 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL + SMC DA L f4-5.6 AL 50-200mm AL zoom lenses.
Ricoh Press Release
The PENTAX K-S1: a new innovative digital SLR camera, available in 12 fashionable colour variations
Meet the PENTAX K-S1, the latest digital SLR to join the RICOH IMAGING UK family. Featuring outstanding imaging performance, progressive design and an innovative illuminated body, the K-S1 rivals even high-end models.
Designed for photographers who take pictures wherever they go, whether that’s on a smartphone or tablet, the PENTAX K-S1 ups the ante when it comes to image quality, while still offering a great lightweight, compact and portable option.
Featuring a body that bucks the trend of conventional digital SLR camera design, this camera also boasts an innovative illumination interface system that intuitively reacts to changes in camera operation from stills to video, ensuring the K-S1 stands out in the crowd.
This new model also comes in 12 different colour variations to suit your own personal style and taste. These include Black, Blue and White as standard, four models from ‘the Fabric collection’, which recreates the colour and tone of materials with Cotton Beige, Linen Brown, Denim Blue, Tweed Gray; and five from ‘the Night Sky collection’, which reflect the colour changes in the sky from sunset to dawn with Sunset Orange, Dusk Gold, Moon Silver, Midnight Black, and Dawn Purple.
If you’re looking for high-end specs the PENTAX K-S1 really does have it all. From the PENTAX-developed AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator (first introduced on the PENTAX K-3); and an optical viewfinder offering 100% field of view; to an built-in shake reduction mechanism; and a top sensitivity of ISO 51200. All of these features combine to provide an exceptional digital imaging performance that will satisfy photographers of all levels — from first-time SLR users to experienced photo enthusiasts.
- Newly developed CMOS sensor with approx. 20.12 effective megapixels
- LED body illumination indicates the current status of camera operation. Power switch LEDs stay green during still-image shooting, but change colour to red during movie recording
- 3.0-inch, high-resolution LCD monitor, and newly designed, easy-to-use GUI (Graphical user interface)
- Full HD movie recording with stereo audio
- Super-high sensitivity at ISO 51200
- Top shutter speed of 1/6000 sec.
- High-speed continuous shooting function with a top speed of 5.4 images per second
- Image processing tools to create 10 distinctive effects, including three new options: “Fresh” with a crystal-clean finishing touch; “Fade Colour” for an elegant finish with subdued colours; and “Infrared” for a black-and-white finish like that of an infrared photo.
- 21 digital filters including a new “Colour Replacement” filter.
- Smartphone-support functions available by installing the optional FLUCARD FOR PENTAX 16GB memory card**
- DR (Dust Removal) mechanism for effective elimination of dust on the image sensor
** These functions support smartphones operating iOS6 or later and Android 4.2 or later
K-S1 body only: RRP £549.99
K-S1+ SMC DA L 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 - RRP £599.99
K-S1 + SMC DA L 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL + SMC DA L f4-5.6 AL 50-200mm AL - RRP £679.99