Pentax Q Hands-On Photos

September 1, 2011 | Mark Goldstein | Compact System Camera | 9 Comments |

Want to see what the new Pentax Q compact system camera looks like in the flesh?

Here’s a gallery of hands-on photos of the Pentax Q, the world’s smallest and lightest interchangeable lens camera, together with the 47mm prime lens.

30 hands-on photos of the Pentax Q camera.

The Pentax Q has a back illuminated 12.4 megapixel 1/2.3-inch CMOS image sensor, Full HD movie recording, sensor-shift Shake Reduction mechanism, built-in flash, 5fps continuous shooting, 3.0-inch colour LCD monitor, and an extensive range of Smart Effect modes.

Image Gallery

Click on a thumbnail to see the full version.

#1 mikebook

It's the ugliest camera ever produced. With the fuji x10 coming out in november the pentax Q is too pricey and too useless.
ps: I want the fuji x10 so bad!!

4:12 pm - Thursday, September 1, 2011

#2 Felipe

Mon Dieu, es preciosa! Se ve bien fabricada y estéticamente perfecta... Y cara, naturalmente, como todo lo bueno. Y las fotos, como las hará? me imagino que tan bien como cualquier compacta de ese nivel.
Guapa, guapa de verdad. Lo seguirán diciendo las personas dentro de 20 años.
Si sobrevivo, os lo recordaré.

Salud

4:43 pm - Thursday, September 1, 2011

#3 IR

I will bet I can get better quality photos with my 4-year-old G9! Who wants this system, especially considering the just released X10 from Fuji?

5:39 pm - Thursday, September 1, 2011

#4 danaceb

I've seen allot of the demo shot, even digitally touched up they look about as good as a Canon SX230 HS, good for a 1/2.33 sensor, but horridly bad next to the old M43 sensor that its priced well above. Heck even the Fujifilm X10 will have a sensor over twice its size(2/3"=2x1/2.33), the Pentex Q is a novelty that will be dead on arrival.

9:41 pm - Thursday, September 1, 2011

#5 JT

Beautiful camera, but overpriced... Gorgeous design, neat concept, great pix! I think a TRULY pocketable interchangeable lens camera is a great idea, so kudos to Pentax for stating what has the potential to be a revolution!

10:43 pm - Thursday, September 1, 2011

#6 zebarnabe

800$???? .__.''

After search in the web for a bit, image quality is similar to Sony HX9V (I think sensor is from Sony as well)

Canon SX230/220 HS or Sony HX9V sound like a better proposition as they have very versatile lens already.

And I agree with danaceb, X10 looks a lot more appealing than this....

1:32 am - Friday, September 2, 2011

#7 raven

Its pointless to have interchangeable lens design due to small sensor size.....

5:27 am - Friday, September 2, 2011

#8 CC

I agree with raven, much better if they made it one interesting zoom with a fixed high aperture.

I've handled a Q and it feels nice, and the bokeh it produces, while processed, still looks very nice. The only problem is the pics overall still are from a tiny p&s sensor, meaning much cheaper cams that are only a bit bigger, like the gf3 for example, will always be a better bet.

Now, if the Q was $250 + $50/lens I'd get one just for fun.

9:21 am - Wednesday, September 14, 2011

#9 kmhb

bei uns sagt man: ein schuss in den ofen

eine kamera wie eine modelleisenbahn

nein danke!