Pixel Genius Press Release
Chicago, IL February, 21st, 2005 - Pixel Genius LLC announces the release of PhotoKit-EL3.
PhotoKit-EL3 is a Photoshop® Elements® 3.0 Automate Plug-in that gives you all the wonders of a darkroom without the chemicals, letting you achieve the same effects on digital images that you once could only do in a darkroom, With a retail price of $39.95, PhotoKit-EL3 offers a comprehensive toolkit for all Elements 3.0 users on both Macintosh and Windows.
PhotoKit-EL3 is an Automate Plug-in, a new breed of plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop Elements that allows custom programming to drive Elements automatically call. The PhotoKit-EL3 toolkit offers accurate digital replications of traditional darkroom effects such as tone adjustment, color balance adjustment, and conversion to grayscale. But it also offers effects that are difficult or even impossible to achieve in a traditional darkroom, such as sharpening to improve detail and graduated tone adjustments to improve specific areas in an image.
PhotoKit-EL3’s image enhancements and adjustments are easy to use. Choose PhotoKit-EL3 from the Automation Tools sub-menu, then a simple dialog lets you see the PhotoKit-EL3 tool sets from which you can easily select the desired image effect and let PhotoKit-EL3 do the work.
PhotoKit-EL3 provides the following effect modules:
* Color Corrections provides 14 warming, cooling and color correction effects.
* Tone Corrections offers a set of 28 different tone correction effects to fix common problems.
* Darken Gradations offers 12 localized darkening gradations to adjust your images.
* Lighten Gradations offers 12 localized lightening gradations to adjust your images.
* Sharpen & Smooth offers 13 effects to enhance your image by sharpening detail or smoothing noise.
* Photo Effects offers a set of 28 effects to replicate common photo effects such as adding grain, diffusion and fog, blurring edges, hard and soft rules and vignettes.
* Color To B&W offers 6 methods of converting your color image to monochromatic B&W.
* B&W Toning provides 5 toning effects to replicate traditions darkroom work such as Sepia tone, Cold tone, Selenium tone, Platinum tone and Brown tone.
All PhotoKit-EL Effects create a new layer labeled with the name of the effect, leaving the original underlying image untouched, so it¹s always safe to experiment. PhotoKit-EL never, ever, changes the underlying image data. By far the easiest way to learn what PhotoKit-EL Effects do is to try the demo from the PhotoKit-EL Web Store so you can try before you buy.
For additional information about PhotoKit-EL3, please see the product page at: