O’Reilly has released a new book entitled, “Photoshop CS6 - The Missing Manual” by Lesa Snider. “This edition features all new screen shots, new and updated practical techniques, as well as a new chapter on video editing,” notes Snider. “It’s simply the most comprehensive yet conversational, Photoshop book on the market and I’m incredibly proud to have it available upon ship date of the software.” The 888-page volume is available for $49.99 in printed format. An e-book edition is also available, priced at $39.99.
O’reilly Press Release
Photoshop CS6: The Missing Manual — New from O’Reilly Media
Sebastopol, CA — The new and improved Photoshop CS6 is truly amazing, but it can also be overwhelming if you’re just getting started. Fortunately Photoshop CS6: The Missing Manual (O’Reilly, $49.99) makes learning the latest edition of this popular photo-editing program a breeze. Expert author Lesa Snider explains things in a friendly, conversational style—without technical jargon.
“This edition features all new screen shots, new and updated practical techniques, as well as a new chapter on video editing,” notes Snider, founder of the creative tutorial site http://www.GraphicReporter.com. “It’s simply the most comprehensive yet conversational, Photoshop book on the market and I’m incredibly proud to have it available upon ship date of the software.”
The important stuff you need to know:
· Learn your way around. Get a guided tour of Photoshop’s beautiful new workspace.
· Unlock the magic. Discover the most practical ways to use layers, channels, masks, paths, and other tools.
· Fine-tune your images. Learn techniques for cropping, retouching, and combining photos.
· Play with color. Drain, change, and add color; and create gorgeous black-and-whites and duotones.
· Be artistic. Create original illustrations and paintings, use text and filters effectively, and edit video clips.
· Share your work. Produce great-looking images for print and the Web.
· Work smarter and faster. Automate common chores and install plug-ins for complex tasks.
About the Author
Lesa Snider is an internationally acclaimed speaker and the author of Photoshop CS5: The Missing Manual. She writes a monthly column for Photoshop User, Photoshop Elements Techniques, and Macworld magazines. In addition, Lesa is a stock photographer and chief evangelist for iStockphoto.com, and founder of the creative tutorial site http://www.GraphicReporter.com. Lesa has recorded many training videos including “From Photo to Graphic Art,” “Practical Photoshop Elements,” “Photoshop Elements for Photographers” (all at http://www.KelbyTraining.com), and “Graphic Secrets for Business Professionals” (http://www.Lynda.com).
She teaches in the Denver/Boulder area for Mike’s Camera (http://www.mikescamera.com) and hosts her own European River Cruise workshop, “Digital Photography on the Danube” (http://www.photocruisewithlesa.com). She also speaks at conferences such as Photoshop World, Mac Computer Expo, Macworld Expo, Geek Girl Boot Camp, Santa Fe Workshops, and a slew of Mac User Groups (she’s a proud member of COMUG.com and NCMUG.org). You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.