Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Digital Anarchy has recently released version 5.1 of its Primatte Event plug-in for Apple Aperture 3.0 and higher. Primatte Event is designed primarily for photographers who work in high-volume or live environments, and often process thousands of green screen images for events, little league and school portraits. This release adds the ability to use Primatte Event in a live green screen photoshoot utilising Aperture’s tethering and batch capabilities, and also includes a number of improvements to existing features. “Our new Primatte Event plug-in was designed specifically for Aperture, and opens new possibilities for photographers who shoot a lot of green screen images,” said Jim Tierney, President of Digital Anarchy. “The tethering and batch features in Aperture make productivity and output much easier, and allow us to offer features that we can’t do in Photoshop.” Primatte Event 5.1 is regularly priced at USD $299, and is on sale for $199 through 1st February.
The company also has a Photoshop plug-in called Primatte Chromakey, which is more post-production oriented.
Website: Digital Anarchy
Digital Anarchy Press Release
Digital Anarchy Releases Primatte Event 5.1 for Live Chromakey Photoshoots Using Apple Aperture 3.0 New Plug-in Turns Aperture into a Powerful Greenscreen Solution for Event Photographers Doing Live Shoots
San Francisco, CA — January 7, 2012 —
Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective software for photographers and digital artists, today announced the availability of Primatte Event chromakey software for Apple Aperture 3.2. This new product features the ability to use Primatte Event in a live greenscreen photoshoot by using Aperture’s tethering and batch capabilities. This 5.1 release also includes a number of improvements to existing features in Primatte 5.0, which are available in a free update to the Primatte Chromakey plug-in for Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements users.
Primatte Event is the perfect choice for photographers who work in high volume or live environments, and often process thousands of greenscreen images for events, little league and school portraits. A photographer can use Primatte Event seamlessly in a live workflow by first capturing a photo using Aperture’s Tether panel. Primatte Event will automatically remove the chromakey screen, and its improved Backdrop Preview can choose a new background on the fly.
The power of Primatte is fully available in this new, live workflow: AutoMask, 3-Step masking, color correction, backdrops and overlays. In Aperture, a photographer can print or save the final Primatte composite and quickly move on to the next subject, taking just a couple minutes for each photo. Alternately, the photographer can treat a group of Primatte photos and process them in batch later, if handing a print to the subject immediately is not necessary.
“Our new Primatte Event plug-in was designed specifically for Aperture, and opens new possibilities for photographers who shoot a lot of greenscreen images,” said Jim Tierney, President of Digital Anarchy. “The tethering and batch features in Aperture make productivity and output much easier, and allow us to offer features that we can’t do in Photoshop. We’re very excited to offer this kind of solution to event photographers.”
Helpful features of Primatte Event 5.1 and Primatte Chromakey 5.1 include:
* Tethered photo import: Seamlessly use Primatte Event in a tethered live workflow, processing each subject from shot to print in a few minutes.This use of Aperture opens up creative possibilities for event photographers. (Primatte Event only.)
* Batch processing: Make use of Aperture’s ability to batch process, batch all at once, or go through each photo individually to make adjustments. With one click of a button, Aperture and Primatte can batch process all of the images for a powerful high volume workflow. (Primatte Event only)
* Preview multiple backgrounds: Quickly preview multiple Backdrops and Overlays during a session. A new Move to Front feature is very helpful in flipping between logos and custom backgrounds as clients watch.
* More intelligent transforming: Scaling and rotating now operates from the center of an image, rather than transforming from top left corner, making these operations more intuitive and easier to use.
* Smarter AutoMask: Introduced in Primatte 5.0, a redesigned AutoMask tool gives a very high success rate and easier functionality when batch processing large numbers of photographs. This is an essential tool for the high volume photographer.
* Works automatically: Use Primatte Event to identify the background color, automatically key it out, and remove color spill without any user interaction.
* Industry -leading technology: For over 20 years, Primatte has been the cutting edge of c hromakey technology for film, television and photography. Primatte has been used on feature films including Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and 300, and on TV shows like Deadwood and House.
Pricing and Availability
Primatte Event 5.1 is regularly priced at USD $299, and is on sale for $199 through Feb 1st, 2012. This Mac-only product works in Apple Aperture 3.0 or higher, and runs on OS 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7.
Primatte Chromakey 5.1 is regularly priced at USD $299, and is on sale for $199 through Feb 1st, 2012. A free update is available for owners of Primatte 5.0 and a discounted upgrade is available for all other Primatte owners. On Mac, the plug-in works in Photoshop CS3– CS5.1, and runs on OS 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7. On Windows, the plug-in works in Photoshop CS– CS5.1, and runs on Windows XP, Vista 32-bit/64-bit and Windows 7.
Owners of any version of Primatte Chromakey can crossgrade to Primatte Event for only $99. Owners of Primatte Chromakey 3.0 or 3.5 can alternately crossgrade to the Primatte Extreme discount bundle for $199, which includes an instant upgrade to both 5.1 releases.
Demo filters and samples are available at http://www.digitalanarchy.com.