The new Ricoh R50 is a 10 megapixel digital camera with a 5x zoom lens. With a compact body measuring 97.3(W)×56.3(H)×23.4(D) mm, the Ricoh R50’s 5x lens provides a focal range of 36-180mm. 15 different scene modes includes a sports function which captures the split-second movement of a fast-moving subject. Available in silver, the Ricoh R50 will be available in March 2008 at £149.99.
Ricoh Press Release
Featuring a 10 megapixel CCD and a 5x optical zoom, this compact digital camera attaches a great deal of importance to portability
Tokyo, Japan — February 19, 2008 — Ricoh Co., Ltd. (President and CEO:Shiro Kondo) announced today the release of a new compact digital camera – the R50 – that features a high-resolution 10 megapixel CCD, a 5x optical zoom (36mm – 180mm in 35mm camera format) and pays particular attention to portability.
The new R50 is a digital camera with a compact body that measures 97.3(W)×56.3(H)×23.4(D)mm and makes it easy to carry.
This user-friendly camera features scene functions that can be used in a wide variety of shooting conditions, enabling anyone to easily take beautiful images. It is equipped with 15 differing scene functions such as a sports function which captures the split-second movement of a fast-moving subject, a cosmetic function which enhances the skin tone of a subject and the still image with audio function that lets the user add a voice memo to the shot.
Main features of R50
1. A 10 megapixel CCD that gives high quality photographs.
Enables the production of beautiful pictures even when printed large or trimmed.
2. A compact body housing a 5x optical zoom equivalent to the 36 to 180mm zoom lens.
This highly portable camera with a compact body measuring 97.3(W)×56.3(H)×23.4(D) mm camera also houses a 5x optical zoom lens.
3. 15 differing scene functions making it simple for anyone, even those unfamiliar with the intricacies of a camera, to easily take beautiful pictures.
• The sports function captures the split-second movement of a fast-moving subject.
• The cosmetic function can be used to enhance the skin tones of the subject.
• The still image with audio function allows a voice memo to be attached to a still image.
• The portrait function enhances the three-dimensional feel of the subject by blurring the background. (With face chaser function)
• The night view portrait function enables the user to enhance the subject while retaining the background night scenery.
• The lamp function enables photograph in low-light conditions.
• The best shot function allows 4 successive still images to be captured as the exposure changes.
• Monochrome and sepia functions give photographs a nostalgic feel, and other functions.
4. Sequential shots mode
• One push of the shutter button allows the user to take successive pictures. Convenient for those wishing to check the form of their golf or tennis swing.
5. Video recording using the video clip recording mode.
• Possible to record images other than still photography.
Ricoh Press Release
Ricoh strengthens its line-up of 10 megapixel CCD compact digital cameras
Release of the high-end oriented R8 and, the R50 with an emphasis on portability
Tokyo, Japan - February 19, 2008 - Ricoh Co., Ltd. (President and CEO: Shiro Kondo) has announced the release, on March 7, of two new compact digital cameras featuring a high-resolution 10 megapixel CCD: (1) The high-end R8 which is equipped with enhanced functions such as a 7.1x optical wide-angle zoom lens (28mm-200mm*), and (2) the compact R50 which features a 5x optical zoom lens (36mm-180mm*).
For detailed information, see the press release corresponding to each camera.
The basic concept of Ricoh cameras is to “expand the range of photo shooting”. A digital compact camera that enables the user to immerse themselves beyond the limits of time and space to capture that decisive moment. Photography that focuses on spontaneity and supports candid photography culture. With the release of these new products, Ricoh has broadened its line-up of 10 megapixel CCD compact digital cameras and, furthermore, hopes that a wide range of users can enjoy photography in their own way.
Beginning with these new models, Ricoh will no longer use the “Caplio” product family name that has been utilized up to now. New product names will consist only of the model letter and number combination. This is being done because it is seen as a better fit for our development and product concept of creating “practical tools.” Under the Ricoh brand, we will continue working to enhance the capabilities of each series: GR DIGITAL, GX, and R.
*Equivalent to 35mm camera focal length