CES 2007: The Samsung L73 is a sleek, pocket-sized digital point-and-shoot camera with 7 megapixels, 3x optical zoom and the unique Smart Touch interface for easy access to all settings. The Samsung L73 is an ideal camera for any photographer wanting to take pictures without compromising on features, image quality or ease of use. The Samsung L73 will be available in black or silver finish in early 2007, price to be confirmed.
Samsung Press Release
Samsung Introduces the Powerful, Pocket-Sized L73
8 January, 2007 - Samsung Cameras today announced the release of the Samsung L73, a sleek and pocket-sized digital point-and-shoot camera with a 7 mega pixel image sensor and a precision 3x optical zoom lens. The L73, equipped with Smart Touch technology, is the ideal camera for photographers who want a compact digital camera they can take anywhere without compromising on features, image quality or ease of use. Housed in a lustrous black or silver finish, the L73 boasts many of the features typically reserved for cameras that cost twice as much.
The L73 includes Samsung’s Intelligent Face Recognition Technology, which detects the subject’s face, automatically adjusts auto focus and auto exposure to ensure better composition and image quality in portraits, and other shots featuring people. The AF function instantaneously recognises the faces of subjects and accurately focuses on them. The AE function then takes over, setting the appropriate exposure to ensure the highest image quality.
The L73 also features Samsung’s proprietary ASR image stabilisation system which helps to capture the best possible images in lower light conditions. When enabled, Samsung’s Wise Shot automatically takes two consecutive pictures in rapid succession¬ - one with ASR image stabilisation enabled, and one with the flash - and prompts the user to review both and keep the preferred version.
Other features include:
• Samsung’s Smart Touch interface, which employs two sets of pressure sensitive buttons to quickly access the camera’s controls
• A bright and vivid 2.5” TFT LCD screen
• Movie mode lets users capture video in one of four resolutions, from 320x240 to 800x600, at up to 30 frames per second in AVI (MPEG-4) format. Image stabilization can be engaged to compensate for unwanted camera movement and subject blur – images can also be edited in the camera
• Shutter speeds of up to 1/2000 sec for fast moving subjects
• An ISO equivalent of 1600 for better pictures in low light
• Various scene modes, continuous shooting and exposure bracketing to help get the best shots
• Motion Timer – the L73 can take a self timed picture triggered when the subject has stopped moving
• A built-in microphone allows a 10-second voice memo to be attached to any still image
• Includes Samsung’s Digimax Master software (compatible with Windows 98/2000/ME/XP and Macintosh OS X 9.2 through 10.4), enabling beginners to edit and manage their pictures as soon as they start using the camera
• Features 19 megabytes of internal memory, and can accept Secure Digital (SD) flash memory cards up to 4 gigabytes