Samsung NX300 & Galaxy NX Honoured with EISA Awards
Mac users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
The European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) has recognised the Samsung NX300 and Galaxy NX compact system cameras with two prestigious awards. The 20.3-megapixel NX300 has been named the 'European Compact System Camera of the Year 2013-2014,' while the Android-powered Samsung Galaxy NX (pictured) has been awarded the 'European Photo Innovation 2013-2014' title.
Samsung Press Release
SAMSUNG WINS FIVE EUROPEAN IMAGING AND SOUND ASSOCIATION AWARDS ACROSS TELEVISION, SMARTPHONE AND CAMERA CATEGORIES
Samsung enjoys success as a technology leader across multiple product categories:
Series 8 Televisions, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 mini, Galaxy NX and NX300 all receive awards
14th August 2013, Chertsey, UK: Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, a global leader in digital media and digital convergence technologies, announced today that the European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) has awarded the company five prestigious awards in the following categories: European SMART TV 2013-2014, European Compact System Camera 2013-2014, European Photo Innovation 2013-2014, European Social Media Phone 2013-2014 and European Green Smartphone 2013-2014.
The products awarded this year are the Samsung UE55F8000 televisions, the Samsung NX300 and the Samsung Galaxy NX cameras, the Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I 19505), and the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini, all of which received recognition from the judging panel for their innovative features and impressive design.
“At Samsung we strive to lead on innovation and are relentless in making new discoveries designed to enhance consumers’ lives,” said SP Kim, President and CEO of Samsung Electronics Europe. “To receive five EISA awards from such an illustrious panel of judges really reaffirms to us that we are succeeding in creating market leading products that are truly enriching consumers’ lives.”
The EISA Awards recognise products that demonstrate an impeccable amalgamation of innovative technology, sleek design and desirable features. The EISA Awards panel of judges comprises editors from 50 consumer electronics magazines across 19 European countries. They highlighted the following reasons for why the winning products were chosen:
EUROPEAN SMART TV 2013-2014 - Samsung UE55F8000/F8080/F8090/F8005
· The integrated camera helps you to control the TV via gestures, while you can still choose from wide variety of control options: through the voice recognition, a touchpad remote, smartphone or tablet
· You can choose from a huge selection of apps or movies and shows suggested by the innovative 'S Recommendation 'System
· The revamped Smart Hub – driven by quad-core processing – is smooth and fast, making it simple to explore the UE55F8000’s many features
EISA judges noted that the UE55F8000 television is “more than just a TV – it’s a versatile home entertainment hub that gives you access to a wide range of media, be it your own or from on-demand services.”
EUROPEAN COMPACT SYSTEM CAMERA 2013-2014 - Samsung NX300
· Discover amazing detail with 20.3MP APS-C sensor Discover amazing detail with 20.3MP APS-C sensor Discover amazing detail with 20.3MP APS-C sensor. The NX300 is compact, fast, innovative and with superb picture quality
· It offers a high-resolution APS-C CMOS sensor with 20.3 megapixels as well as a hybrid autofocus system and a crisp 3.3-inch AMOLED screen with a tilt touch panel
· With a top frame rate of 8.6fps and a maximum 1/6000sec shutter speed, the NX300 is impressively fast enabling you to capture perfect images
· The NX300 has a built-in dual-band Wi-Fi and Near- Field-Communication (NFC) connectivity that is simple to use, the camera is ready for wireless connection to a mobile phone, tablet, PC or (smart) TV allowing images can be quickly shared with friends and family
The EISA judges stated that the Samsung NX300 “meets and beats the expectations of CSC users in many ways while opening the door for a new generation of connected cameras.”
EUROPEAN PHOTO INNOVATION 2013-2014 - Samsung Galaxy NX
· The Galaxy NX is an advanced system camera that has been combined with a modern interactive 4.8-inch HD LCD to enable connected photography
· Real integration of high quality digital photography, mobile editing and full-time connectivity is assured through its interchangeable lens system and its use of the Android 4.2.2 operating system
The EISA judges were impressed with the Samsung Galaxy NX stating that “no manufacturer has done more than Samsung in the quest for making cameras that allow the photographer to communicate with the outside world.”
EUROPEAN SOCIAL MEDIA PHONE 2013-2014 - Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
· With a 4.3” qHD Super AMOLED display, 107g light weight and compact design, it is easy to carry and operate with one hand
· Though compact, the Galaxy S4 mini boasts powerful performance, equipped with a 1.7GHz dual core processor that allows users to quickly and easily perform data intensive tasks
· With social applications on board including Group Play, ChatON or S Health, you are never be out of touch
EISA judges said that “small is beautiful and the Galaxy S4 mini underlines this more than ever”. They called the Galaxy S4 mini “the complete package.”
EUROPEAN GREEN SMART PHONE 2013-2014 - Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I 9505)
· Galaxy S4 shows it is possible to produce a large screen smartphone with minimal environmental burden
· It has a particularly low power consumption and a removable battery, which are positive for both the environment and also convenient for the user
The EISA judges were impressed with the smartphone stating that “the Galaxy S4 outperforms the competition through its limited use of precious metals and toxic materials.”
For more information about the 2013/ 2014 EISA Awards, visit http://www.eisa.eu