Samsung S800, Samsung S600 and Samsung S500

January 3, 2006 | Mark Goldstein | Digital Compact Cameras | 209 Comments |

Samsung Digimax S800The 8 megapixel Samsung Digimax S800, 6 megapixel Samsung Digimax S600 and 5 megapixel Samsung Digimax S500 point and shoot digital cameras are announced today. All three models offer a 2.4 inch LCD screen and 3x optical zoom lens. The S800, S600 and S500 are expected to hit the market in early 2006.

Samsung UK Press Release

Introducing the “S” Series of Point & Shoot cameras.

‘S’ series point and shoot digital cameras to be launched
  -  5, 6, and 8 megapixels, all with 3x optical zoom
  -  Easy and quick operation
  -  Ergonomic design with camera grip
  -  Large and Vivid TFT LCD (2.4 inch)

Samsung Cameras (CEO: Lee Jong-gu), has announced the release of the point and shoot ‘S’ series.

The ‘S’ series is great for family use and for anyone wanting ease and convenience. Purchasers can choose from a variety of models: 5, 6, and 8 megapixels in Silver or Black shades.

The ‘S’ series comes with an Effect Key allowing the user to adjust the colour of the photos being taken and also add various creative effects. The range also has an easy mode dial that allows the user to move between portrait, night pictures, and movies, swiftly, depending on the situation.

The ‘S’ series has a larger LCD screen for clearer picture quality. Printing out pictures is easy via PictBridge which enables an image to be printed directly to a connected compatible printer - without a PC.

‘S’ series, a digital camera range for the entire family, features video capabilities (MPEG4, VGA, 30fps)  which means it can even double as a camcorder. Advanced features allow “in camera” movie editing and a pause function during recording.

Samsung’s ‘S’ series cameras are expected to hit the market in early 2006.

Samsung Digimax S800

Samsung Digimax S600

Samsung Digimax S600

Samsung Digimax S600

#1 joe

I tried one of these, boy was I sorry. so much noise that detail was wiped out, flash shots were the worst. the bad part is you can't set the ISO so it gains up in low light making things worse. I took it back in a flash. what a piece of junk!

11:16 am - Sunday, May 21, 2006

#2 joe

forgot to say the samsung I hated was the s-800

11:19 am - Sunday, May 21, 2006

#3 Carol

I purchased Samsung S800 two days ago. I needed a new camera for a special trip. I wanted something to take great pitures as well as great videos. I wanted something easy to handle and easy to learn and use. With the Samsung S800 I got all of these things. WOW I was able to get snap shots of my grandson in mid air jumping off our pool diving board. I love all the features it offers the ease of using them. I love my new samsung and look forward to my trip knowing I have picked the right camera.

1:01 pm - Monday, June 12, 2006

#4 Stefan Berge

:-) Perfect! Bought it six weeks ago, has already taken about 700 pictures + 100 videos from 10s to 8 minutes each. It REALLY doubles as both a normal camera and video camera (30 fps, 640x480 px with sound). The lens is a high-resolution lens matching the 8 MP sensor, so the pictures really come out very sharp. When shooting videos the anti-shake system works very well. Also, the battery life is just perfect -- a pair of 2,2 Ah NiMH batteries give you about 160 pictures + 20 minutes of video.

1:23 am - Friday, June 16, 2006

#5 Ercan

I am thinking to buy one S800 but the things that joe has written made questionmarks in my mind...!please someone tell me about S800..i hope it's a great camera...and i want to say something to joe..; hey joe,I think your problem is ; you hate the brand Samsung !!

4:55 pm - Friday, June 16, 2006

#6 marvin

hey Ercan, I just bought the s 800 two days ago. I give it an 9 out of 10; easy to use very very good pic qual.

8:37 am - Saturday, June 17, 2006

#7 Ercan

thanks marvin,
I have already bought a S800 and I am really very happy.It is a very good camera and the price is very cheap which is 340 AUD.I suggest my friends to buy this camera if they need one...I tried to take a picture in dark room and it was unbeliavable !!! the flash works very well and it was like in the middle of the day ! by the way, it's movies are very good as well !!
I am happy with my S800..thanks to Samsung!

3:08 pm - Sunday, June 25, 2006

#8 Mr S T.

Got the S600 yesterday (26-6-06). Its a beautiful camera. Easy to use, videos come out great, usefull effects. The batteries supplied didnt last an hour so will be purchasing a rechargable unit. Also my dad managed to drop it 4 foot off the ground as soon as it came out of the box and it seems fine. This was not the case with my olympus!! I'll come back after a while and let you know how it holds up.

11:39 am - Tuesday, June 27, 2006

#9 Ercan

hi again..
everything is allright with my S800 but I have a little problem...when I am recording a movie while I am using the optical zoom it's cutting the sound but when I am not using the optical zoom there is not a problem with the sound....please can anyone try this,if it happens to you as well then there is nothing to do, if not, I will have to report it to Samsung.
thanks to everyone,

2:30 pm - Sunday, July 2, 2006

#10 Yo

Purchases a S500 digimax and am not happy with it. My photos shows a red line on the left hand. I dont know how to remove it

10:16 am - Wednesday, July 5, 2006

#11 Mark Goldstein

A consistent red line in the same place on every photo probably means that the camera is faulty - time for a replacement...

10:24 am - Wednesday, July 5, 2006

#12 Yo

Thanks Mark for your response.
The red line is not in each and every photo. It appears only on photos taken in bright light and in Sunny weather

10:58 am - Wednesday, July 5, 2006

#13 Mark Goldstein

I think it's still worth taking it back I'm afraid...

12:02 pm - Wednesday, July 5, 2006

#14 Adam

Hi
Can anybody send my some photos take on S800 ? It's so hard to find any photos made by this camera in internet ...
My e-mail .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
thx

12:42 pm - Wednesday, August 2, 2006

#15 Ercan

Hi Adam
I posted one photo to your e-mail adress...

5:43 am - Thursday, August 3, 2006

#16 ahmed

hi all.i want to ask about the length of the vedio with 1GB,how long?/thanks

12:44 am - Saturday, August 5, 2006

#17 Ercan

hi ahmed,
I have 2 GB SD card and I can record exactely 1.43.43 (640 * 480 30 fps) !!
any questions ????
ready to answer !!

11:44 am - Saturday, August 5, 2006

#18 Ward

Hey ahmed? Which batteries do you use? My S800 says low on batteries after 5 min of video? And that's using brand new Duracell batteries?

Takes great pics, but uses a lot of batteries, at least for me :(

1:57 pm - Friday, August 18, 2006

#19 Ercan

hi Ward I'm Ercan,
I had that battery problem at the begining...don't worry !!the solution is so simple ! use Energizer Lithium Batteries !!!
you will see the difference !
anything to ask ??
ready to answer !
bye to everbody !
Ercan

2:55 pm - Sunday, August 20, 2006

#20 Dave

I am looking at buying a s800 as a present. From all you experts do you recommend it and should I get a bigger memory card and better batteries as identified earlier by another blog expert

7:41 pm - Sunday, September 10, 2006

#21 Dainius

Hi, could somebody send me some sample photos taken by S600. My mail - .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).
thanks
d

10:03 pm - Sunday, September 17, 2006

#22 robert

i purchased this camera and am very pleased. The only problem was i bought these energizer rechargeable batteries and when i put them in, the camera doesnt seem to work. Please help!!!

6:39 pm - Monday, September 18, 2006

#23 Sam

Hi everybody, I have a s cyber 530 and have problem with date & time setting, first worked perfect now the date and time are set right but show wrong on the screen, also show am and pm and before i could see it as a 24h time. What to do, thanks for any solution.

7:44 am - Saturday, September 23, 2006

#24 tom

Can anybody send me some photos and videos taken by S600 ? Max. size of e-mail 2MB!!
My e-mail .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
thanks

10:58 pm - Wednesday, October 4, 2006

#25 simon jardine

I`ve just recieved a samsung s800 as a birthday gift and I am delighted with it. the functions are varied and easy to use. Taking a pic at sunset with the sunset setting then a normal pic of the same scene saved me half an hour at the computer on my photosuite! I`m a novice to photography and would recommend it to anyone similar.

9:23 pm - Thursday, October 12, 2006

#26 David Knowles

just bought a samsung s500 and i plug it into the computer, and neice accidnentally pulled it out, now it do not want turn on and when I do turn it and get picture it shuts down when i try to take a photo any ideas.

11:20 am - Sunday, October 15, 2006

#27 Chris

HI i am thinking of buying the samsung S800 and was wondering does this camera accept ALL types of SD cards or are there only certain ones.
Thankx,
Chris.

2:12 pm - Monday, October 16, 2006

#28 Mark Goldstein

(Posted on behalf of David Knowles)

unfortantly I got a S500, which does take sd and from what hear s800 is upgrade so guest it should take sd card

8:23 am - Tuesday, October 17, 2006

#29 Ahmet

i have the chance to buy a s800 for £110, shall i go ahead? is it worth the money?

6:21 pm - Tuesday, October 17, 2006

#30 Gurunath

Hi guys,

I purchased a S600 about three months back. The objective was to take snaps of my baby boy. Most of the shots i have taken are indoors, and they turned out pretty well. I have a few complaints however.

(a) Occassionally, there is a red tint in the eyes, even with Red Eye setting.

(b)The movie clips occupy a lot of space. A 1min video (640x480, 30fps), said to be in MPEG4 format, can occupy as much as 100MB. Is there any workaround for this (like a firmware upgrade etc), to keep the video file small, but without any loss of image quality?

(c) Copying Video Files to my Computer, seems to take ages. I am using a Lexar SD Card (512MB).

(d) Finally, when i play these video files on my computer, I find that the Voice is not in sync with the Visual. Why is this happening? Is something wrong with my Cam???

5:06 pm - Friday, October 20, 2006

#31 Huso

hi people,i think of buying s800,but i wanna see its photos and videos,especially videos,can anyone has this model send me some samples,especially videos:) .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) thanks

4:08 pm - Saturday, October 21, 2006

#32 bethan

im thinking of getting a samsung s500 for xmas. can anyone who has bought it tell me about the picture quality? thankz xx

10:56 pm - Sunday, October 29, 2006

#33 Dee

I just got an S500 and have to say it's pretty good for the price of £89.99 - was going to get a Kodak but this is slimmer, the LCD screen is much larger and it records video at a great size and full Frames per Second.

The user manual that comes with it is pretty useless, but the actual camera is good, and having a built in light which throw orange light on to the subject to help the autofocus work in low light is great,it's night time at the moment and only just got the camera but will try with day time pictures tomorrow.

Also has a 2 Year warranty unlike most cameras, which I think says something.

9:31 pm - Wednesday, November 1, 2006

#34 c

s600 sucks,
bought 1/ broke/ got another on warranty/ broke.

9:40 pm - Friday, November 3, 2006

#35 xyz

Has ne 1 tried taking a A3 size print with this cam??
hav heard the pic quality isnt good so should stick to smaller size prints...
Please do reply...

11:16 am - Thursday, November 9, 2006

#36 ADEzor

The quality varies from the type of the camera. S500 is 5,1Megapixel camera and S600 6Megapixel camera... that's pretty ok quality for a compact camera these days. i'm not sure about the other models so i'll just leave them alone :P

9:26 pm - Thursday, November 9, 2006

#37 Felix

Just to clarify the 1st comment by joe, the iso can be set (on the s600 anyway)read the manual. I've had mine a day now, and its really easy to use, picture quality is great, although the movies do take up loads of space. XYZ, have tried an a4 print, came out perfect. a3 shouldn't be different.
The videos are nice and smooth. The addition of a manual exposure set in picture mode is a definate bonus for the budding phototogropher, as most camera's on the market at EUR150 are idiot-proof, so don't come with this feature.
Defiately use Energizer lithium batteries, don't waste time with alkalines on NiCds.
9/10

1:31 am - Saturday, November 11, 2006

#38 Dee

I've just given my aunt the s500 - I bought it for her and really sad to see it go. In just one week I took about 500 photos.

Samsung have made a pretty decent camera for the money this is now selling at, I always used to shy away from cameras with big screens as they ate batteries but now with a set of 4 rechargable Ni-Mh batteries of 2,600 mAh being sold for less then £4 in the UK battery life is no longer a problem took about 250 pictures on a set of batteries with anti red eye flash (i.e two flashes) before they needed to be charged.

The video is smooth - Samsung are really making most other traditional players like Nikon, Canon, Minolta, etc look bad in this price segment.

I only wish Samsung included a made to measure case with the camera as standard, although Tesco in the UK sell a case for £1.99 which just about fits.

I've had about 7 different digital cameras over the years, the Samsung was probabaly the best all rounder,

- good size to hold in your hands
- thin enough to fit in a jacket pocket
- uses rechargable AA batteries which are dirt cheap and so powerful these days
- includes a low level amber LED to help focus
- huge screen
- decent video with sound recording - recording in AVI not that silly Quicktim format which no DVD or DivX Player could ever play back

All I think Samsung need to fix is the picture quality which I think is down to how it compresses the pictures and ad a built in MP3 player as this would be kinda useful.

2:39 am - Saturday, November 11, 2006

#39 xyz

tnx adezor & felix...
all those reviews on net about the pic quality being poor had made me quite nervous...otherwise i luv the cam too...
hope a3 prints must be turning perfect too cause may need them for my works..

8:55 am - Saturday, November 11, 2006

#40 JOANNE

i have just been given a S500 and am looking for a case to keep it in. has anyone got a case which fits the camera perfectly and is not too expensive. thanks

9:44 pm - Sunday, November 12, 2006

#41 kevin

I purchased the s500 a few weeks ago. The first ten minutes or so I turned on the camera and could take a picture, etc. Then all of a sudden, I pressed the power button to turn the camera on, the screen would show up for a few seconds and it beeped three loud beeps. Then the screen would shut off, and I'm not able to do anything. I thought it might be dead batteries, so I bought two new sets to try out, but its still doing it. Does anybody know how to fix this?? Thanks!

3:35 pm - Wednesday, November 15, 2006

#42 Yo

I had a S500 . I used it for 2 weeks and was not at all happy with it. I have it back to the shop where i purchased it. The problems which i faced were
1) Battery life was a disaster(even with Energiser and rechargables)
2) Picture Quality was a shame on samsung.
3) There was some problem when i used to record video with sound
4) The camera used to hang very often. The only way to restart it was remove the batteries and put it again.

I would like to suggest everyone to avoid purchasing Samgung Cameras. Instead there are lot of options available(like Pentax,Fuji or even Acer(I was very happy with my Acer))) within(more or less) the same price range.

I hope it clarifies and helps everyone wants to buy Samsung Cams

4:55 pm - Wednesday, November 15, 2006

#43 Francisco

hi every1, i bought my S600 today, well yesterday its 3 am now, hehe; anyway, i just have say i love my cam so far, its my first digicam! and i was doubting about samsung, but dang! good photo and video quality, fully loaded with many features!! if u want some samples just askme i will send them to u!! my "email" (no spam please) .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

10:12 am - Thursday, November 16, 2006

#44 Vaibhav Konher

with samsung s 500 digi cam , i found red tint in my baby boy's image only. Even adjusting eye option. In others pic it is absolutely fine.

Can any one help on this!

12:52 pm - Wednesday, November 22, 2006

#45 Alexander Wilson

Can somebody please send me samples of S800 shots? Im debating on getting one and am really nervouse because of the negative comments, Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Thanks ^.^

8:20 pm - Sunday, December 3, 2006

#46 sympatico75

Hi All
I'm looking for a Rechargeable battery to substitute the Primary battery: 2x AA Alkaline for my Samsung Digimax S500.
Is that exists?
If yes, can you give me the reference please.
Thanks in advance.
Sincerly

8:42 pm - Sunday, December 3, 2006

#47 Dennis B

check out the Impact Rapid AC Charger with 4 AA 2700ma batteries at bhphoto.com. $24.40 shipped

5:59 pm - Tuesday, December 5, 2006

#48 erico

Please... Can somebody send me samples of S600 or S500 shots? Im confuse because of the negative comments in this site!! My email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) please, send how much you want!!!

1:32 am - Wednesday, December 6, 2006

#49 jo

Hi,

I have a samsung s500, and was just wondering if this is just me... but i cant get the application software to install?? any ideas?

thanks.

12:06 am - Saturday, December 9, 2006

#50 Alexander Wilson

Sample photos for the S800 at 8.1 Megapixels, It seems as though many people did not try the most obvious place ;)

Regards
Alexander Wilson

2:08 am - Sunday, December 10, 2006

#51 Mike

Hi, could someone please send me some of their photos from the samsung s800 to .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) . I saw the link above but i want to see what people acctually get out of them. if you have videos that would be great too.

Thanks, Mike

6:17 pm - Saturday, December 16, 2006

#52 Francis

Hi, can someone help me with the opening screen photo? It tells me I have a choice of the logo, user photograph 1 or user photo 2. I have photos on the camera, but nothing comes up when I try to set it to a user picture! My email address is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address). Otherwise it's a very easy and great camera to use! thank you so much!!

8:57 pm - Monday, December 25, 2006

#53 Ashley

Hi can someone help please! I have just bought a S600 and my camera keeps saying memory full. I have also bought a 1GB memory card. How many pictures can I take before I have to put the memory card in? How many pictures can I have on the 1GB memory card? Can someone please email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) with some answers!

8:13 pm - Wednesday, December 27, 2006

#54 Wendy Orr

Have just received a Digimax S500 but cannot get the correct date up. Does anyone else have this problem or am I just stupid? Don't like what I am reading about the batteries, is this really a problem? If so I might change to a different model!!

11:07 am - Thursday, December 28, 2006

#55 Patrick Soper

Just bought S800 and also read Ercan's note about batteries (20 Aug 06). Don't know anything about digital cameras - where can I get Energiser Lithium batteries, and what charger should I use? Should I get a cradle from Samsung or am I better without, please?

12:12 pm - Saturday, December 30, 2006

#56 AndyGee

I've recently bought an S800 but I'm struggling to format a 1GB Sandisk SD card. Keep getting the error Check SD Card. Has anyone else had similar issue andd managed to overcome it? My pc can't format SD card either so I'm guessing it may be faulty?? Is 1GB too much for the S800? Many thanks in advance.

12:27 pm - Saturday, December 30, 2006

#57 Haylee

Patrick Soper, I got the S800 for christmas and the batteries you get with the cradle are very good. I think you should. :-)

12:02 am - Sunday, December 31, 2006

#58 John

Would somebody please tell me where I can get a samsung s550 camera pink in color my daughter wants it for her birthday and I cannot seem to find one I want it new so E-Bay is out someone please help Thanks John

6:14 pm - Monday, January 1, 2007

#59 John

Sorry I forgot to leave my e-mail .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) I need the s500 samsung camera in pink in less than 4 weeks thanks again John

6:19 pm - Monday, January 1, 2007

#60 TedM

Help! Same problem as #53. I have a Samsung Digimax S500, and after you take one (1) single picture it claims the memory is full. I'm using a 256MB card, there is no way one single 5MP image is taking up 256MB of storage. If anyone knows the answer to this problem, please post!

12:53 am - Tuesday, January 2, 2007

#61 Alexander Wilson

To start off, Any comments about the S800 suffering from severe noise only actually applies to shots in the dark. But lets face it, Its not too expensive a camera. I baught the S800 for Christmas, And it is such a wonderful camera for its price. The only problems I can find about it is probably the noise in the dark, But what you pay for is what you get. Dont expect anything spectacular from this camera, but dont be scared to buy it either, I'd give it a 9/10 for value, an 8/10 for photo quality and 9/10 for functionality. This camera is really easy to use and is suprisingly good for even the intermediates. I would personally reccomend this camera to anyone who is looking for a camera that takes good indoor photos without any editing needed. (Note, Due to built in flash, camera suffers from red-eye.) If you need any more information or sample photos, Email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

11:36 am - Tuesday, January 2, 2007

#62 vicky

hello. i have the samsung digimax s800 and although i'm very happy with the quality of the pictures, i have found that the camera will only take alkaline batteries, and even they dont last very long. can anyone suggest a good brand of long lasting batteries i can use please? also i have bought a 2Gb SD card to put in my camera, and am now worried this wont work? does this camera only work with a 1Gb sd card, or will mine work? please get back to me. thanks

4:34 pm - Tuesday, January 2, 2007

#63 Alexandra Popp

Hello everybody.

I have a Samsung S500 and so far i have been very happy with it-made some thousands of pictures all great so on and so forth.Yet recently the camera lens won't come out the moment I start the camera.It beeps 3 times and nothing.It's not a batery problem because I have rechargable batteries but I do not know what it is.
Can anybody help me with some advice? Thank you

5:00 pm - Thursday, January 4, 2007

#64 jsw

I recently went to NY and forgot to pack my HP camera so I was stuck having to buy anew one there. I ofund a deal at the Radio Shack. The S500+512MB SD card and a 16 pack of batteries for $151.88. Within minutes I was taking pictures and recording videos and good ones at that. I was impressed by the ease of use at first and then with the funcionality and now with the clean,detailed pictures it took. I am by no means a photographer but luckily this camera made it so I didn't have to be and still get good pictures.I took 144 pictures and 3 videos ranging from 1.30 minutes to 3 minutes long and I only used 4 batteries and it all fit on the 512MB SD card.I also must mention that I was taking pictures in various types of lighting dark indoors,dark outdoors,sunny outdoors,bright indoors and they all came out good except the ones that were obviously my fault from moving,wrong setting,etc but I was able to clean them up with Corel.None of my pictures suffered from red-eye, but I did catch one building where you can see the bright sunlight spanning across the front. Now I'm glad I forget my HP camera.All in all, I'm very pleased with this camera, but how could you not be for this price.

12:42 am - Friday, January 5, 2007

#65 Patrick Soper

Haylee - Thanks for the advice. I decided to get rechargeables afterwards - an Energizer charger with a pack of four 2500mAh batteries, and they seem good. I see that 2700mAh are now available, so perhaps I'll get those when these eventually expire. Regards, and thanks for the response - Patrick .. West Wales.

7:35 pm - Friday, January 5, 2007

#66 Marcos

Can somebody tell me if the S500 and S600 can run any video in AVI format? I would like a digi-cam that I can use as a video player too.

12:17 am - Monday, January 8, 2007

#67 Libbi

s500: When turning on, lens does not move outward as usual, and then it beeps 3 times. Does anyone know how to correct?

4:33 am - Monday, January 8, 2007

#68 jo-anne

Hey i have just bought a samsung s600 and think its great so far but then today when i turned it on, my pictures are all blurred and i cant get any of them to focus?!? can anyone help me pleasE ? E-mail if so thanks

10:54 pm - Monday, January 8, 2007

#69 Francisco

hi jo-anne, i have the s600 too and the same problem ocurred to me, that happens when u use the auto mode with the flash disabled, for better results without flash try using the Program mode instead.... :)

12:47 am - Tuesday, January 9, 2007

#70 jo-anne

Thanks for your help Francisco, but that still didnt work, awh i dont know tempted to just take it back!!! How are you meant to take pics if they are blurry! I was recommended the samsung s600 but my pictures are all blurry!!! goin mad here!

11:37 am - Tuesday, January 9, 2007

#71 Christian

I had the same problem as 26..i would turn my camera off...and it would shut down when i tried to take a picture. sometimes it would turn on at all. sometimes it would beep 3 times and turn off. i tried to fix the problem by reinsirting it into my computer. it would turn off after inserting or would flash if i inserted it b4. the power light would flash. and trust me. the batteries are not the problem. the best thing to do iz take it back.

4:55 am - Wednesday, January 17, 2007

#72 Eddie Powell

WANTED!!! Samsung Digimax S800 software installation CD. I can't view my AVI files and need the correct codex on the CD. If anyone has a CD they no longer want, or can send a copy I'd pay shipping.

3:47 pm - Thursday, January 18, 2007

#73 Eddie Powell

Fail to leave my email address for contact: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

3:52 pm - Thursday, January 18, 2007

#74 Francisco

while u get the CD u could try a program called VLC media player, i play my S600 avi files with it..

9:49 pm - Thursday, January 18, 2007

#75 Mark Parker

Has anyone heard if Samsung is going to release a Samsunge version of the Pentax k10D?

Mark Parker
Marks Brides

4:37 am - Saturday, January 20, 2007

#76 Eddie Powell

Francisco, thanks so very much. The VLC media player works like a charm. Didn't have audio at first, but fixed that under preference settings. Sure do appreciate the suggestion!!! I was getting very frustrated.
--Eddie--

5:34 pm - Tuesday, January 23, 2007

#77 Edmund

I have a samsung s600 and need to get the rechargeble battery with the charger...I dont know what the best kind would be...please help me as soon as you can.

2:10 am - Thursday, January 25, 2007

#78 Francisco

hello Edmund, i also have the S600 i recommend u get the Sony Charger Kit BCG-34HE it includes 4 2500maH batteries! this charger detects when the batteries are fully charged and cuts power automatically! also with this batts u can take many pictures before gettin a low bat signal..

7:10 am - Thursday, January 25, 2007

#79 Chelsea

Hi,

I'm from Canada but I'm travelling in Europe and the recharger that came with my camera is not working over here with any of my converters. I purchased some Duracell alkaline batteries but they do not work in the camera. Should I buy a recharger here? Or are there any brands of non-rechargeable batteries that will work in this camera? Please help, I'm in dire need!!
Thank you!

8:42 am - Friday, January 26, 2007

#80 zlatko

hi,
i`m from Bulgaria and i bought my s800 just 3 days ago. i was on a wedding yesterday and it was just a photo disaster..i`ve changed more than 12 pairs of batteries...20-30 pix and the camera is off i`ve tried with rechargeble ones..(sony 4300 mah) but with the same effect..so..i could use some help..thank you :)

5:40 pm - Sunday, February 4, 2007

#81 Lisa

i have had 2 and they both broke randomly i dont know how to fix it it just goes on beeps twice then goews off and its not the battery it drives me crazy and im leaving for mexico in a few days and wanted to bring it! grrrrrrrr

12:37 am - Wednesday, February 7, 2007

#82 chloe bufton

I had the s500 for christmas and it won't install on the computer and i don't know what to do.

6:21 pm - Thursday, February 8, 2007

#83 chloe bufton

also i don't know how to charge up the camera . please could i have some help.

6:28 pm - Thursday, February 8, 2007

#84 Boromir

hello, i am from slovenia... i bought the S800 yesterday... i am very pleased whit this camera, but the batterys are driving me crazy... the duracell alkalines were wasted like nothing... i am now charging some NiMH 2300 and i hope, they will serve better

what batterys are you using whit this camera... are you happy whit them??

2:19 am - Friday, March 2, 2007

#85 Mark Goldstein

(Posted on behalf of Micah)

Actually i just sold my camera ( the batteries drove me crazy) but the NiMH are great!

by the way, I just bought the canon powershot SD600...I love it it's awesome!

11:45 am - Friday, March 2, 2007

#86 Didi LAjn

Can somebody upload video taken by S500,S600,S700 or S800 on rapidshare or similar and post link here. I tried but canot find any sample videos on net...

TX in advance

9:17 pm - Wednesday, March 7, 2007

#87 aa

Another dead s600 here. Switch it on and there's a whirring noise, 3 loud beeps, then it switches off. Its like the lens is stuck, or perhaps its just a C R A P camera.

4:01 pm - Friday, March 9, 2007

#88 Lyn Bell

OK - I need a digital camera, i want about a 8mp, found a good deal for S800 and Lithium Ion Battery + Cradle. listening to the mixed reviews, i dont know what to do? advice please - should i purchase or not, if not what 7/8mp camera is a good purchase?
Thanks

11:52 am - Monday, March 12, 2007

#89 zlatko

do NOT buy S800 or any other Samsung.. they just don`t take good pictures.. I have s800 and..i wrote about it..

7:15 pm - Tuesday, March 13, 2007

#90 Paul

Bought the s800 for my wife for a camera for her purse, it is alright, not great, but not bad. For her use, which is throwing it in her purse and using it anywhere to take pics of the kids it is not bad...Plus I only paid $140 for it at Sams Club. I use my SLR for real pictures....anyways in regards to the batteries I would highly recommend buying a small recharge station. We bought a Kodak Charger for $10.97 at walmart and since the camera only uses 2 batteries I use two and store two. that way I don't have to wait the 8 hours for recharge. If you really want nice pics from a digital camera I might suggest getting one with an image stabilizer.

1:49 pm - Saturday, March 17, 2007

#91 Victor

I'm experiencing the same thing as number 63.

Can anybody help me with some advice? Thank you

2:55 am - Monday, March 19, 2007

#92 Alexander

This camera is a joke, i brought it last saturday and as soon as i get the time, its going straight back to the store, its a peice of dogs arr umm lets say poo.
Batteries only last under 5 mins ( theses are expensive battries too) i have tryed at least 4 or 5 different brands, i went though at least 7 sets in one and half days, im recording a video and lost all my work because it just cuts off with out giving me any warning of a low batteries, some times it takes me at least 7 or 8 times to get the thing to turn on. arghhh im sorry i even wasted my money on this. Imgaine a young teenager or child saving his money up to get one thoes to be hughly dissapointed with it known his wasted months of hard work. For shame samsung.

1:42 pm - Monday, March 19, 2007

#93 James

Has anyone had a problem with the Samsung Digimax S600? Often failing to start up.Even with a new set of batteries gives this intermittent fault. Picture quality is excellent on this product, so don't really want to replace it under warranty unless I really need to.

8:43 pm - Saturday, March 24, 2007

#94 andrew

Hi, I have a Samsung S600 and am not satisfied with the movie recording on a sunny day. In the movie, the sky is red-magenta so as the white objects wich reflects the sun light. Does anyone got problems like mee with this camera??? If you can't imagine how it looks, I'll send you a capture.My id is .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) .

9:34 pm - Sunday, March 25, 2007

#95 Francisco

to 93: i also have the s600 and had the same problem but only when my Sony rechargeable batteries have low charge... using standard Alkaline batteries is useless cause this type of batts dont hold theyre voltage, for example the batteries that came with the camera where some duracell with charge tester embedded, and this charger showed it had enough charge.. but the camera wouldnt turn on. My suggestion is that u get some really good Japan made rechargeable batteries!!! ive got the Sony BCG-34HE charger and it came with 4 batteries @ 2500mAh this bad boys really last for a looong time :)... just my 2 cents.. hope this helps u..

5:52 am - Monday, March 26, 2007

#96 sfu_lifer

I finally unpacked these after buying them from Amazon for $99. For the price, I absolutely have no complaints. Sure it eats up batteries like good ol' Jared pre-Subway but that's what nimh's are for. I love the fact you can use plain ol' AA's so for those emergency situations, you can just buy a bunch of AA's at a store and off you go.
Pic quality is a mixed bag. Macro's in the dark is a no-no due to noise. Some of my daytime shots had a purplish hue but nothing good ol' photoshop can't fix. I was quite impressed with the evening shots, expecting complete crap like some have written here but I found no excessive noise to bitch about. Videos are a dream. This beats the pants off my brother's new Sony digital camera's video capture which incidentally cost $100 more. And I can zoom while taking shots too. There is an optical image stabilizer with this camera and it does a decent job. I'm not enough of a photographer to be able to use manual outside of the basic tweaks but so far so good. $99 shipped free no tax, I absolutely cannot complain. One of the best buys I ever made :).

8:23 am - Tuesday, March 27, 2007

#97 Aaron Powell

The S500 is a good camera, 5.1 MP is plenty resolution, VGA video is VERY good. It has a good night mode on it, the ONLY reason why the battery doesn't last very long sometimes is because of the LCD. If you want to see the pics you have /videos, just connect it to your TV! I managed to see 30 minutes worth on a fully charged battery and it still had 50% left!! eXcellent! What I noticed is images are blurry when you take them where there isn't much light- THAT'S WHEN YOU DON'T USE A TRIPOD.. use a tripod for goodness sakes!!! do that and you can wave "good bye" to blurry pictures..

2:37 pm - Sunday, April 1, 2007

#98 Gareth

"James" - I took mine back to PCWorld to say exactly that (keeps shutting off even with new batteries, only likes Duracells, etc) and the guy there educated me on using "high power" batteries. He plugged some Duracell M4 alkalines in and it worked for ten minutes straight (and then all night, because he gave them to use free). So I got some NiMH rechargeables and they work fabulously well - just don't try "everyday" AAs and you'll love your S600 again like I do!

12:43 pm - Sunday, April 15, 2007

#99 vaux

Thanks James, I now use some high capacity recharcheable batteries and work wonderfully well. I now have figured out that when I often use the zoom the batteries ware down much faster. Otherwise I am very happy with it.Thanks again for your reply.

5:36 pm - Sunday, April 15, 2007

#100 William Metcalfe

I have a Samsung S500 and have lost the user guide.
Can anyone please scan and email me a copy.

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Thanks.