Sigma Issues Firmware Updates
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52, and now comes with 12 portrait presets created by Scott Kelby, plus 1 month of access to KelbyOne photography training.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Sigma has released firmware updates for the Sigma DP1 Merrill,DP2 Merrill and DP3 Merrill large-sensor digital compact cameras. In addition to fixing bugs, these updates incorporate a number of enhancements and improvements. Click through / scroll down for the complete list.
Benefits of the Firmware Update
- Improves the stability of operation.
- Improves the precision of bounce flash shooting when ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-610 DG SUPER SA-STTL and ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-610 DG ST SA-STTL are used.
- When you enlarge an image, it used to enlarge the center of the image. However, the new firmware magnifies the image depending on the focusing position.
- It is possible to select the file name of the image either from “SDIM” or “DP1M”.
- It has integrated the color tones of Custom White Balance (Sunlight, Shade, Overcast, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Flash) among the DP Merrill series.
- Corrects the phenomenon that the AEL setting goes back to default if the AEL button is set for “Central AEL + AEL”, and alternate MF to AF or vice versa, while it is still displaying the operation icon.
- Corrects the phenomenon that self-timer shooting whilst using P Mode would cancel the program shift for the customized shutter speed and aperture settings if you press the release button.
- Properly displays the image according to the selected magnification percentage.
- Corrects the phenomenon that the selected exposure is not appropriately applied when an external flashgun is used with Custom Mode.
- Corrects the phenomenon that, in rare cases, images are not recorded properly when the battery level is low.
- Corrects the rare phenomenon that the recording process does not go perfectly when the camera is turned off right after taking the image.
- It displays the size of the file when you select an image and open the Image Info Screen.