Sigma Issues Firmware Updates
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
Sigma has released firmware updates for the Sigma DP1 Merrill,DP2 Merrill and DP3 Merrill large-sensor digital compact cameras. In addition to fixing bugs, these updates incorporate a number of enhancements and improvements. Click through / scroll down for the complete list.
Benefits of the Firmware Update
- Improves the stability of operation.
- Improves the precision of bounce flash shooting when ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-610 DG SUPER SA-STTL and ELECTRONIC FLASH EF-610 DG ST SA-STTL are used.
- When you enlarge an image, it used to enlarge the center of the image. However, the new firmware magnifies the image depending on the focusing position.
- It is possible to select the file name of the image either from “SDIM” or “DP1M”.
- It has integrated the color tones of Custom White Balance (Sunlight, Shade, Overcast, Incandescent, Fluorescent, Flash) among the DP Merrill series.
- Corrects the phenomenon that the AEL setting goes back to default if the AEL button is set for “Central AEL + AEL”, and alternate MF to AF or vice versa, while it is still displaying the operation icon.
- Corrects the phenomenon that self-timer shooting whilst using P Mode would cancel the program shift for the customized shutter speed and aperture settings if you press the release button.
- Properly displays the image according to the selected magnification percentage.
- Corrects the phenomenon that the selected exposure is not appropriately applied when an external flashgun is used with Custom Mode.
- Corrects the phenomenon that, in rare cases, images are not recorded properly when the battery level is low.
- Corrects the rare phenomenon that the recording process does not go perfectly when the camera is turned off right after taking the image.
- It displays the size of the file when you select an image and open the Image Info Screen.