SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 with Gears
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for purchase with special launch pricing. (Existing Macphun customers get a further discount.)
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended", and you can now visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
SLR Magic has announced an upgraded version of its HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 lens. The new variant offers a refined design that is better suited to the needs of professional cinematographers. specifically, the lens now has built-in gears around the aperture and focus rings to facilitate the use of the lens with a follow-focus device. The optical formula, which comprises 12 elements in 10 groups including 3 'Tantalum' glass elements and an iris diaphragm with a dozen rounded aperture blades, is unchanged from the previous version. The SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 Lens with Gears will be available from late November 2013. Pricing has yet to be confirmed.
The New SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 Lens with Gear
United Kingdom (October 8th, 2013) - The SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 Lens With Gear is a mechanical upgrade to the popular, original SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 lens. Due to popular request for the optional lens gear we have redesigned to better suit cinematography needs. Furthermore the design matches the concept of the current SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 25mm T0.95, SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE II 35mm T0.95, and SLR Magic 35mm T1.4 CINE II lenses. There is no change in optical design.
The field of view of this HyperPrime Lens corresponds to a 24mm lens in 35mm format. This wide angle of view opens up many new creative opportunities, particularly in the fields of interior, architectural and landscape cinematography and photography. Additionally, an ultra fast max aperture of T1.6 makes the SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 With Gear ideal for available-light photography.
Like all our HyperPrime lenses, this lens has been designed to meet the demands of professional photographers and cinematographers with its solid construction and reliability.
The SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 w/ Gear will be available from retailers late November 2013, pricing yet to be confirmed.
- Product - SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 w/ Gear
- Lens Type - Ultra Fast wide-angle lens with three Tantalum glass elements to ensure superior cinematic performance.
- Mount - Micro Four Thirds (MFT)
- Lens Construction - 12 elements in 10 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance - 0.15M
- No. of Diaphragm Blades - 12 aperture blades (circular)
- Filter Thread - Internal thread for SLR Magic 58/77 RING (optional) lens hood for 77mm filter; filter mount does not rotate.
- Lens Hood - SLR Magic 58/77 RING (optional)
- Finish - Black anodised
- Dimensions (L x D) - 73/81mm (without/with lens hood) x 60/79mm (without/with lens hood)
- Weight (g) - 370