Updated 26/6: Luminar "Neptune" is out now with Accent AI, an AI photo filter!
Mac users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is available for just $69£52 for new users, or $59£44 for existing Macphun users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
Windows users, Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available in beta for free ahead of the full release late 2017.
We rated Luminar for Mac as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try the beta for free.
TimelapseWorkshops.com have announced that only a handful of spots remain for Timelapse: Valley of Fire, an intensive 3 and 4-day night-sky time-lapse workshop that focuses on the skills needed to capture day and night timelapses. Located just 60 miles from Las Vegas, Valley of Fire State Park is home to some of the most spectacular landscapes on the planet. Workshop instructor Ron Risman chose this location due to the incredible red-rock landscape, dry desert weather, and dark skies. Timelapse: Valley of Fire is being offered both as a 3-day workshop for photographers looking to learn how to create professional quality timelapse sequences, and as a 4-day workshop for intermediate and advance timelapse photographers looking to take their timelapses to the next level using 1-axis, 2-axis, and 3-axis motion-control dollies from Dynamic Perception and Pan & Tilt heads from eMotimo. For more information, visit the website below.
Timelapseworkshops.com Press Release
Timelapse: Valley of Fire Night-Sky Timelapse Workshop
Don’t miss Timelapse: Valley of Fire an intimate 3 and 4-day night-sky time-lapse workshop taking place this October in the Mojave Desert of Nevada.
Boston, MA (Cameratown) July 15, 2014 - TimelapseWorkshops.com announces that only a handful of spots remain for Timelapse: Valley of Fire, an intensive 3 and 4-day night-sky time-lapse workshop that focuses on teaching the skills needed to capture day and night timelapses - with a focus on the night sky. The workshops are open to photographers and cinematographers of all skill levels.
We are also proud to announce that guest instructor Rich Harrington will be teaching post production workflow during the 3-day workshop, and motion-control timelapse expert Keith Kiska will help teach during the 4-day advanced timelapse class. Rich is a professional instructor, producer, and owner of RHED Pixel Media. Keith is owner of Kiska Media and producer of the Photo Trekker video series.
Valley of Fire State Park is home to some of the most spectacular landscapes you have ever seen. Over 20 miles of breathtaking rainbow vistas, natural arches, stone cabins, slot canyons, wave rocks, and red-rock cliffs make this one of the most amazing destinations to capture timelapses.
Located just 60 miles from Las Vegas, Valley of Fire State Park is easy to access, but far enough away to allow the night sky to fill with stars. Workshop instructor Ron Risman chose this location due to the incredible red-rock landscape, dry desert weather, and dark skies. The dates of this workshop also correspond to the new moon, allowing participants the ability to capture stunning photographs and timelapses of the Milky Way using their digital SLR and an external intervalometer.
Timelapse: Valley of Fire is being offered both as a 3-day workshop for photographers looking to learn how to create professional quality timelapse sequences, and as a 4-day workshop for intermediate and advance timelapse photographers looking to take their timelapses to the next level using 1-axis, 2-axis, and 3-axis motion-control dollies from Dynamic Perception and Pan & Tilt heads from eMotimo. The 4-day workshop is also ideal for participants of the first workshop who want to continue their education by becoming proficient with motion control gear. Moving the camera during a timelapse helps to add dimension and depth to timelapse sequences.
3-Day Timelapse Workshop covers:
- How to capture timelapses using your digital SLR
- The best settings to capture the night sky in motion
- How to light the foreground to help bring enhance your night timelapses
- How to eliminate flicker when capturing a timelapse
- How to use your computer and apps to scout locations and sky conditions
- How, why and when to "drag the shutter" when capturing timelapses
- How to best capture day-to-night timelapse sequences
- How to choose the best aperture, shutter speed, interval, and ISO
- How interval & exposure impacts the feel and pacing of your timelapse
- How to capture & process HDR Timelapses
- JPEG & RAW Post Production Workflow techniques using Adobe Lightroom and LRTimelapse
- The many variables (some controllable, some not) that can affect your timelapse and how to prepare for them
4-Day Motion Control Timelapse Workshop covers:
- How to use the Dynamic Perception Stage One Dolly with MX3 Controller (1-axis)
- How to use the eMotimo TB3 Black motorized Pan & Tilt head (2-axis)
- How to combine the eMotimo TB3 with the Stage One Dolly for killer 3-axis timelapses
* We’ll have motion control sliders and heads on hand for workshop participants to use & share
- How to select the best settings to use when moving your camera during a timelapse
- Hyper lapse and Drive lapse techniques and discussion
- Inexpensive techniques to light the foreground to help bring enhance your night timelapses
- How to decide when to use ND Filters to enhance your timelapse sequences
- How to combine day-to-night capture techniques with motion control camera moves
- Advanced post-production workflow techniques using Adobe After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, and LRTimelapse
- Music: Selecting and Licensing
- Putting it all together in post
Sign up today at http://www.timelapseworkshops.com
New 2014 Workshop Film
Our just released Timelapse Workshop collaborative film from our May/June workshops has now been viewed over 15k times in the last 8 days. The film included clips from workshop participants, many of whom never shot a timelapse prior coming to our workshop. This is a breathtaking film that you will learn how to capture and produce on your own:
About Ron Risman
Ron is an award winning cinematographer, editor of Cameratown.com, and timelapse cinematographer and instructor located on the seacoast of New Hampshire. Ron has been a photographer & videographer for over 25 years and continues to follow his passion when it comes to capturing and teaching night photography. His past clients include Restoration Hardware, Liberty Mutual, FOX News CT, WFXT Orlando 9, Rev’it Motorsports International, Scorpion Helmets, and Berklee College of Music. His work was also featured recently in the HBO Documentary “The Crash Reel.”