Mac users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Windows users, the all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69£64 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Triggertrap has released version 2.0 of Triggertrap Mobile. "With this new version, Triggertrap Mobile gets a fresh, modern look that makes it easier for each photographer to realise their unique vision," the company says. "The new interface has been dressed down and simplified, making it easier and faster to switch between triggering modes - this means no more missing awesome photographic opportunities because you’re futzing around with dials." Triggertrap Mobile 2.0 is available to download from iTunes now, and will be available from Google Play soon.
Triggertrap Press Release
Triggertrap Mobile 2.0 Launches A Love Affair Between Your Mobile Device and Your Camera
Turn any SLR camera and mobile device into friends with creative benefits with Triggertrap’s brand new iOS and Android apps featuring 14 ways to make remote camera triggering faster and easier
LONDON – September 19, 2013 – Triggertrap, developer of creatively-thrilling camera triggering solutions which eliminate the barriers to exciting photographic techniques, today announced Triggertrap Mobile 2.0, the brand new version of its popular iOS and Android mobile apps. The latest generation disguises 14 oft-complex advanced remote triggering options in a visually seductive and simplified design which makes the app easier than ever before to pick up. By matching any SLR camera or advanced compact with the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle, these kissing cousins let the apps turn even the most novice shooter into a master of photographic Tantra.
Combining the capabilities of several expensive camera accessories into a single pocket-sized package, the 14 triggering modes in Triggertrap Mobile make advanced photographic techniques available to everyone - even photographic newbies. Timelapse, HDR photography, sound triggering and other gasp-inducing techniques instantly become accessible to any photo enthusiast looking to break the point-and-shoot mold.
With this new version, Triggertrap Mobile gets a fresh, modern look that makes it easier for each photographer to realize their unique vision. The new interface has been dressed down and simplified, making it easier and faster to switch between triggering modes - this means no more missing awesome photographic opportunities because you’re futzing around with dials. It also squashed the bugs that somehow snuck into previous versions of the app while implementing more user requested features than you could shake a lens cap at. One of the most requested upgrades allows the Android app to run in the background, even when the phone is locked, drastically reducing battery consumption for hours and hours of Triggertrap timelapsing goodness.
“Whether a relationship of platonic fun or deeply-woven lust, every relationship benefits from clear communication; with Triggertrap Mobile 2.0 we’ve proven to be good listeners. We saw the opportunity to combine what we learned from the first generation app with the tips we received from our diehard fans to make Triggertrap what we always envisioned it could be,” said CEO and Triggertrap inventor Haje Jan Kamps. “It certainly helps that our fans wear the pants around here and aren’t shy about letting us know what could be improved, and as a result, Triggertrap Mobile 2.0 is the best triggering solution you’ll find anywhere.”
Building on its predecessor’s success, the latest version maintains the app’s popular wireless triggering functionality and integration with the recently launched Triggertrap Flash Adapter that makes fierce high-speed photography available to anyone who fancies having a go.
Triggertrap Mobile Functionality
Whether you’re aiming at the sky in hopes of capturing shooting stars, want to capture the exact moment a baseball comes crashing through a window pane, or would like to set up a fully automatic photo booth, Triggertrap has you covered.
Triggertrap Mobile is free to download and can be used on its own with the device’s internal camera, or you can use Triggertrap’s affordable hardware ($30) to hook the app up to a supported SLR camera or flashgun.
· A barrel of Timelapses: Use Triggertrap as a basic intervalometer for timelapse capture, or feed your creativity a juicy dose of growth hormone: Bulb Ramping Timelapse enables seamless sunrise/sunset timelapses, HDR timelapse lets you combine the power of HDR and timelapses, and the Triggertrap-exclusive TimeWarp feature uses acceleration algorithms developed for animation to create more dynamic and natural-looking timelapses.
· Shake it like a Polaroid Picture: Leverage the smartphone’s on-board sensors to release the shutter, using sound, GPS, vibration, and more. Best of all, there’s more sensor modes coming up soon.
· Long Exposure HDR: Triggertrap Mobile makes Long Exposure HDR photography easy: Choose intervals from 1/3 to 2 EV steps, and up to 19 bracketed exposures per HDR set. Why would you need 19 exposures? Absolutely no idea, but it’s there if you want it.
· DistanceLapse: Unique to Triggertrap and never before seen in a consumer device, this mode uses your smartphone’s GPS chip to fire the shutter over pre-determined distances. Brilliant for roadtrips!
· Star Trail mode: Take a series of long exposure shots to get low-noise star trail photos, or hedge your bets to ensure you capture rare natural phenomena like meteors or slightly less natural, and slightly less rare phenomena like fireworks!
· Wireless mode: Unique to Triggertrap, this Wi-Fi triggering technology allows photographers to leverage the range and speed of a Wi-Fi network to control more than 100 cameras at the same time. Matrix-style bullet-time, anyone?
For more information on Triggertrap Mobile 2.0, feast thine eyes on www.triggertrap.com. Triggertrap Mobile 2.0 is available to download from the iTunes Store (iOS) now, and will be available from Google Play soon.
Triggertrap Ltd was founded in 2011, and was brought to life through crowd-funding site Kickstarter. Based in the UK, the company’s flagship smartphone-based camera triggering solution, Triggertrap Mobile, has been downloaded more than half a million times and their triggers are in use by thousands of photographers in more than a hundred different countries. For more information, please visit www.triggertrap.com.