Nikon KeyMission 170 Review
Mac users, we're pleased to announce Macphun's all-in-one photo editor Luminar is now available for just $69£52 with special Valentine Day bonuses (two eBooks, Vivid Wonderland preset pack, & Creative Sky Overlay pack) included for free until February 19. Use coupon code "PHOTOBLOG" to save another $10 on Luminar.
We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended". Visit the Luminar web site to try it for free.
Inside the box:
- Charging AC Adapter EH-73P
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery EN-EL12
- USB Cable UC-E21
- Base Adapter AA-1B
- Lens Protector AA-14B
- Underwater Lens Protector AA-15B
- Remote Control ML-L6
- Flat Base Mount AA-2
- Curved Base Mount AA-3
Dimensions (W × H × D)
-10˚C to +40˚C (14˚F to 104˚F) (for land use), 0˚C to 40˚C (32˚F to 104˚F) (for underwater use)
85% or less (no condensation)
Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1
Capacity to record images and movies underwater up to a depth of 10 m (33 ft) and for 60 minutes
Wi-Fi (Wireless LAN)
IEEE 802.11b/g (standard wireless LAN protocol)
2412–2462 MHz (1–11 channels)
Open system, WPA2-PSK
Number of effective pixels
Image size (pixels)
2.4 mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 15 mm lens in 35mm  format)
7 elements in 5 groups
Angle of view
Approx. 40 cm (1 ft 4 in.) to ∞ (distance measured from center of front surface of lens)
ISO sensitivity (Standard output sensitivity)
Micro-USB connector (Do not use any USB cable other than the included UC-E21 USB Cable.), Hi-Speed USB
HDMI output connector
HDMI micro connector (Type D)
microSD/SDHC/SDXC memory card
DCF and Exif 2.3 compliant
Still images: JPEG
Movies: MP4 (Video: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, Audio: AAC stereo)
Resolution/frame rate (movie options)
• When NTSC/PAL is set to PAL, 2160/25p, 1080/25p, 1080/50p
Frame coverage (shooting mode)
Approx. 97% horizontal and vertical (compared to actual picture)
Frame coverage (playback mode)
Approx. 99% horizontal and vertical (compared to actual picture)
1/16000 to 1/2 s
Programmed auto exposure and exposure compensation (–2.0 – +2.0 EV in steps of 1/3 EV)
Battery life 1
Approx. 250 shots when using EN-EL12
Movie recording (actual battery life for recording) 2
Approx. 60 min when using EN-EL12
Unless otherwise stated, all figures assume a fully-charged battery and an ambient temperature of 23 ±3°C (73.4±5.4°F) as specified by the Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA). JIS/IEC protection class 8 (IPX8) equivalent (under our testing conditions) Capacity to record images and movies underwater up to a depth of 10 m (33 ft) and for 60 minutes
1. Battery life does not reflect the use of SnapBridge and may vary with the conditions of use, including temperature, the interval between shots, and the length of time that menus and images are displayed.
2. The remaining movie recording time (the amount of time that can be recorded for an individual movie) displayed at the top of the shooting screen depends on the remaining amount of space on the memory card. Recording may end before this limit is reached if the camera temperature becomes elevated.
3. When the battery temperature is 0°C (32°F) or lower, movies with the size/frame rate set to 2160/30p (4K UHD) or 2160/25p (4K UHD) cannot be recorded.
• If the battery temperature is 0°C (32°F) or lower before you start recording, the size/frame rate of the movie switches to 1080/30p or 1080/25p.
• If the size/frame rate of the movie is set to 2160/30p or 2160/25p and the battery temperature drops to 0°C (32°F) or lower while recording, the camera stops recording and automatically turns off. The recorded movie is saved.
4. Dropped from a height of 200 cm (6 ft 6 in.) onto a surface of 5 cm (2 in.) thick plywood (changes in appearance, such as paint peeling off and deformation of the drop shock portion and waterproof performance are not subject to the test). These tests do not guarantee that the camera will be free from damage or trouble under all conditions.