Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60
Nikon Coolpix L830
Canon PowerShot SX510 HS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100
Nikon Coolpix L330
Lomo Instant Review
Canon PowerShot SX710 HS Review
Pentax QS-1 Review
Panasonic Lumix GF7 Review
Leica D-Lux (Typ 109) Review
Why Canon EOS 350D? Why not a latest DSLR? I dont think this is a fair test with such an old DSLR.
7:25 pm - Wednesday, October 17, 2012
So how bad is the barrel distortion? or did i miss that bit.
10:59 pm - Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The barrel distortion is very noticeable at wide angle settings, especially if there are any straight lines in your picture. However, it’s a one-click correction in Photoshop.
Overall, the quality is OK and the convenience factor is high - makes a good travel lens if you’re looking for a one lens solution.
8:44 am - Thursday, October 18, 2012
The initial reviews of the new light-weight Sigma 18-250 macro superzoom suggest it may be better than this Tamron, surprised it’s not listed in the competitors section !
11:36 am - Thursday, October 18, 2012
I sold my Tamron 18-270 PZD, and purchased Nikkor 18-300 mm superzoom. Waiting for review. Nikkor has much, much better image quality.
3:00 pm - Thursday, October 18, 2012
nick192: I normally use an EOS 60D and a lot of the pictures were taken with it. I can’t remember why now (I did the review earlier this year) but I didn’t have the camera for the second half of the review and had to use my trusty 350D. I think it gives an example of how it works with old and new DSLRs. The sharpness images were taken on the 60D though.
I hope that helps.
5:05 pm - Thursday, October 18, 2012
Test for RebelXTi i perefectly fine for me, because i still use it:)
And what more I do use it with standard lens 18-55. So after 7 years it is time to buy some new lens. From review I understand that it is nice allraunder and I will be happy with it. If I will change my body in future( far futur cause I am happy with my Rebel:) it soupoused to work with next generation of canons?
Besides nice review. Only main rivals seems to be not compleat
9:54 am - Friday, May 10, 2013
I have has this lens for a couple of years. I use it on a canon 650d….I find the images disappointing and so am selling it. If i travel I take the Sony RX100 which is a great little compact…
Mind you when I sell I will be left with only a couple primes so will probably but the kit 55-250 which produces better images than the PZD
9:52 am - Thursday, November 14, 2013
I have the Sigma 18-250 3.5-6.3HSM that I have been using for 2yrs (or so). I am happy with the picture quality and most importantly with the versatility of not having two lenses. I was browsing the internet to see if anything better is on the market, and it seems that with Superzooms, very marginal increases in performance are coming out these days (based on reviews of course). I am going to try out the Tamron 18-270 tomorrow to see if the operation - in particular the focus speed is worth the upgrade. My initial thoughts is that its not, but we will see. The only upside that I can see to upgrading is the weight/size and the 20mm increase in range, which I think is insignificant. I think the money will be better spent on photography workshops/lessons. Thanks for all the replies and the reviews. Oddly, your website doesn’t have the sigma reviewed.
8:04 am - Friday, December 27, 2013
The lens in the picture is not 18270 PZD but the older version (filter size 72 mm, PZD has 62 mm).
You did test the PZD?
7:50 pm - Friday, January 3, 2014
I know nick192’s comment is really old, but…Wanted to say, his question was really amateurish. 95% of pictures come from skills + lens. The rest of the 5% comes from the actual camera. Hell I have seen some pros pull better pictures from a cheapo cell camera than someone with a kit worth 15 grand that doesn’t know what he/she is doing fully. Just saying.
3:57 pm - Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Not good value for money, photos are not as clear as i was told by the retail shop i purchased from. Taking it back to them today as it has a poor zoom
not good picture quality at all. Was using a Canon
EOS 11OD body.
8:17 pm - Wednesday, May 14, 2014
Tomtest the corner sharpness you should use a flat object. In your sample you used a camer as modell and focused on the end of the lens, which means that the body is not in the same focus plane so it can only become sharp at ver small apertures….
So concerning the image quality of the corners your test failed.
11:28 am - Monday, January 5, 2015
Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy the Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD from
one of our affiliate retailers:
review,lens,super-zoom,zoom,telephoto,f3.5,image stabilisation,18mm,vibration compensation,anti-shake,tamron,15x,f6.3,vc,270mm,Tamron AF 18-270mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD,18-270mm
Camera Reviews ·
Camera Buying Guide
Camera Buying Guide
Best Digital Cameras ·
Lens Reviews ·
Photography News ·
Photo Gallery ·
© Copyright 2003-2015 Photo 360 Limited