Microsoft Rolls Out Lumia Cyan Software Update
Microsoft Devices have started rolling out the Lumia Cyan software update to Nokia Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8. Among other improvements, the Lumia Cyan update incorporates an enhanced Nokia Camera app and renewed Camera Roll, as well as an updated Storyteller app and Living Images. If your smartphone hasn't alerted you to the update yet, you can perform a manual check by going to Settings -> Phone update. The update can be downloaded and installed straight from that screen.
Microsoft Press Release
Microsoft Devices today announces that the Lumia Cyan software update will start rolling out to Nokia Lumia phones running Windows Phone 8 today. Lumia Cyan brings the latest Windows Phone 8.1 features and unique Lumia experiences to your existing Windows Phone 8 smartphone.
THE LATEST WINDOWS PHONE 8.1 FEATURES COMING TO YOUR LUMIA INCLUDE:
· Cortana. The world’s first virtual personal assistant built around you. Available first in the U.S.
· Third column of Live Tiles on the Start Screen. Make your Start screen as unique as you are with three columns of customized tiles and a start background picture to shine through your system tiles.
· Action Center. One swipe takes you to your settings and notifications.
· WordFlow Keyboard. Glide your finger over this super-fast and intuitive smartphone keyboard to save time and effort.
· Business support. Work made easy on the only smartphone that has Office for Windows Phone built in so that you can access, edit, and share documents with anyone. New enterprise features make work safe and easier to access.
UNIQUE LUMIA EXPERIENCES TAKE YOUR SMARTPHONE TO THE NEXT LEVEL:
· Enhanced Nokia Camera and renewed Camera Roll. Access your images, image editing and sharing even quicker directly from the camera. Reframe and zoom in high resolution directly in Camera Roll.
· Updated Storyteller app and Living Images. Share your Storyteller stories on your favorite social network with an automatically created video of your best memories with background music. Living Images bring your still photos to live on your Lumia Icon and Lumia 1520.
· Install apps to MicroSD memory card. You can now free up space on your Lumia by moving apps to the memory card.
· Rich Recording with Surround Sound. With Lumia 1520 and Lumia Icon, you can capture and relive immersive video in Dolby Digital Plus 5.1 sound that is more true-to-life than ever before.
· Nokia Device Hub. Manage all your accessories in an easy and fun way.
THE NEXT EVOLUTION OF IMAGE AND VIDEO EDITING APPS:
Apps like Adobe Photoshop Express and Creative Studio make image post-editing even easier and richer, while Microsoft’s latest app Video Tuner delivers a leading experience for editing videos on a smartphone.
Available exclusively for Windows Phone 8.1, Video Tuner is a new and differentiated app that allows users to quickly edit and share high quality videos straight from their Lumia. With a range of tools to crop, rotate, flip, mirror and change videos’ speed; adjust volume and music; apply fun filters, effects, and more - pumping out amazing videos to share on social networks, OneDrive or with friends and family has never been easier.
The Lumia Cyan update will be rolling out to Lumia devices running on Windows Phone 8 as of today and is expected to become available for the full range in the coming weeks.
HOW TO UPDATE
Your Lumia smartphone automatically checks for updates every week, and will notify you when it finds one. Available updates can also be manually checked by going to Settings -> Phone update. The update can be downloaded and installed straight from that screen.
The Official Microsoft Devices blog Conversations has more information about the Lumia Cyan update. Press images and other downloadable assets can also be found under the press section of the blog.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):
I read somewhere that Microsoft was dropping their Nokia line. A pity.
Rodrian Roadeye at 02:50am on Saturday, July 26, 2014