Nik Software Releases Snapseed for Windows
Nik Software has released Snapseed Desktop for Windows. Snapseed is an image editing and sharing application originally designed for the Apple iPad. “Bringing the Snapseed experience to customers on their computer was an overwhelming top request from our mobile app users,” said Michael J. Slater, President and CEO of Nik Software. “With an estimated one trillion-plus photos stored on computers, mobile devices, and in the cloud, people everywhere are tapping the power of photo editing and enhancement software to tweak, tune, and share their photos.” Compatible with Windows XP and later, the newest edition of Snapseed is available for $19.99 or the equivalent in other currencies both from Nik Software directly or through the Intel AppUp store.
Nik Press Release
Nik Software Releases Snapseed for Windows
Popular photo editing and sharing app now available for Windows PC Users
Barcelona, Spain (World Mobile Congress) — February 27, 2012 — Leading photography software developer Nik Software (http://www.niksoftware.com) today released Snapseed® Desktop for Windows. Snapseed is an innovative photo enhancement and sharing app with a powerful suite of imaging filters and tools for anyone, anywhere to transform any image into an extraordinary photo. This new version of Snapseed combines Nik Software’s professional photography tools with its award-winning interface to deliver a powerful new photography app to PC users. To learn more, watch videos, and to purchase Snapseed, visit http://www.snapseed.com or the Intel AppUp store.
“Bringing the Snapseed experience to customers on their computer was an overwhelming top request from our mobile app users,” said Michael J. Slater, President and CEO of Nik Software. “With an estimated one trillion-plus photos stored on computers, mobile devices, and in the cloud, people everywhere are tapping the power of photo editing and enhancement software to tweak, tune, and share their photos.”
“Snapseed is a perfect fit for Ultrabook users as it allows them now to enhance their photos at home or on the go,” said, Scott Apeland – Intel Director AppUp Content and Creators Organization [Software and Services Group]. “We are very happy to have Snapseed in the AppUp catalogue.”
Anyone can create amazing photos with Snapseed by using its innovative filters and tools, including the company’s revolutionary U Point technology which enables precise, selective enhancements to be made to any area of a photo. Snapseed is fast and powerful, combining filters, textures, and other enhancements, in real-time. One-click adjustments quickly and automatically improve photos. Filters like Grunge, Vintage, Tilt & Shift, and Drama give photos a new look.
Snapseed is a new generation of photography software that inspires everyone to enjoy photography. High quality results are now fast, easy, and fun. Snapseed can be used to enhance, edit, email, and share photos via social networks in just a few seconds.
• Tune Image—Quickly correct photos shot in difficult lighting situations, create depth and vibrancy with Ambience, or adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast and more
• Auto Correct—Automatically analyzes your photo and adjusts color and exposure, or you can use the sliders to add or reduce the enhancements
• Control Points—Make precise selections and enhancements in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology
• Tilt-Shift—Creates a narrow in-focus area designed to simulate depth of field, common in a Miniature Scene look
• Details—Enhances details with traditional sharpening as well as Nik Software’s unique Structure control found in the professional Nik Software product line
• Crop & Straighten—Rotate or straighten with simple slider controls and select from a variety of standard aspect ratios while cropping
• Grunge—Explore styles and textures without limits and give photos a totally unique look
• Drama—Add custom effects to a photo which range from subtle enhancements of textures to wildly creative and artistic effects
• Vintage—Nine unique nostalgic films, plus controls like saturation, textures and vignettes make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s
• Frames—Add unique borders to photos by choosing styles and textures
• Black and White—Give photos a classic look with this darkroom-inspired filter. Select styles, grain, vignettes, and more for a perfectly nostalgic look
• Sharing—Share photos on Facebook and Flickr, email photos, and print them on your home printer
Compatibility, Pricing and Availability
Snapseed is compatible with Windows XP and later. Snapseed is available for $19.99 or the equivalent in other currencies both from Nik Software directly or through the Intel AppUp store.
About Nik Software
Nik Software, Inc. develops award-winning desktop and mobile software solutions and technologies for the professional digital imaging and consumer photography markets. Established in 1995, Nik Software has become the recognized leader in digital photographic products and technologies, including its patented U Point® technology. The company’s products have won over 100 top industry awards for quality and innovation, including iPad App of the Year in the App Store Rewind 2011 for Snapseed. Earlier in 2011, the company earned the prestigious International TIPA award for Best Photo Software for its Complete Collection of professional photography products, which includes Color Efex Pro, HDR Efex Pro, Sharpener Pro, Silver Efex Pro, Viveza, and Dfine. For more information, visit
For videos, screenshots, and other detailed information, download the Snapseed Desktop press kit at http://www.snapseed.com/press.
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):
Commenting is not available in this channel entry.
The iPhone app was one of the free apps in the 12 Days of Christmas in the app store (in the UK at least), I must admit that I downloaded and then forgot about it, but having taken a look at it now it is pretty good for tweaking photos, I can see the desktop version providing the same quick and simple improvements to photos.
Andy at 11:45pm on Tuesday, February 28, 2012