PhotographyBLOG

Name: bandar qiu

Olympus Stylus SH-2
Date: Feb 12, 2016
Name: boyaqq

Latest Threads

MOST COMMENTS

Panasonic DMC-LX1 Announced (796)

Kodak Easyshare Z981 (514)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 (481)

Ricoh Caplio R3 Announced (422)

Panasonic DMC-FZ30 Announced (361)

Impossible B&W SX-70 Hard Color (273)

Fujifilm Finepix E550 Review (264)

Sony DSC-H5 and Sony DSC-H2 (242)

Canon G7 (227)

Samsung S800, Samsung S600 and Samsung S500 (209)

ARCHIVES

Digital Wedding Forum
Everyday Eye
Mark Goldstein
Mobile Phones
ShutterPoint

Panasonic GH3 Videos

Here are seven Full 1080 HD movies taken with the new Panasonic GH3 compact system camera using the MOV, AVCHD and MP4 formats, including 72Mbps in ALL-I.

They’ve all been uploaded onto Photography Blog’s Vimeo HD channel where you can watch them at their native size. Note that these are fully representative of the Panasonic GH3’s final video quality when it ships next month.

Seven Full 1080 HD movies taken with the new Panasonic GH3 compact system camera.

Panasonic GH3 Video, MOV, 50fps, 50Mbps from photographyblog on Vimeo.

Panasonic GH3 Video, MOV, 25fps, 72Mbps ALL-I from photographyblog on Vimeo.

Panasonic GH3 Video, MOV, 25fps, 50Mbps from photographyblog on Vimeo.

Panasonic GH3 Video, MOV, 24fps, 72Mbps ALL-I from photographyblog on Vimeo.

Panasonic GH3 Video, AVCHD, 1920x1080, 50fps from photographyblog on Vimeo.

Panasonic GH3 Video, AVCHD, 1920x1080, 25fps from photographyblog on Vimeo.

Panasonic GH3 Video, MP4, 1920x1080, 25fps from photographyblog on Vimeo.

Published: Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Compare Prices

Support PhotographyBLOG: Buy this product from one of our affiliate retailers (US first/red, UK second/blue):

Reader Comments

1. Did you shoot any video at 60fps 1080p

Larry Dortch at 04:30pm on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

2. Do you know what sharpness settings were used for these?

Tim at 09:18pm on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

3. No way to sell a camera.
    I'll wait till someone more skillful creates a video than this photographer, or myself, does a better job.

Judge Crater at 10:31pm on Tuesday, October 09, 2012

4. Note that these are fully representative of the Panasonic GH3’s final video quality when it ships next month. Is that a fact or a typo?

Bob Roman at 04:09am on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

5. I keep my GH2

Ivo at 08:03am on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

6. Larry, the camera was set to European PAL mode, so 50fps only.

Tim - the default sharpness setting.

Bob - it's a fact as confirmed by Panasonic, not a typo. Only the still images are not final yet.

Mark Goldstein at 09:09am on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

7. OMG !!!Panasonic
    What you have done with GH3??!!! This video is just terrible ! The moiré , the colors , the sharpness , its awful video.
    If this is final , and I do hope its not , I wont change my GH13 for this ...
    Hope something related to firmware was the cause of this horrible video .
    Oh no...
    Should I run to pick a GH2 ?

labalbi at 10:43am on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

8. Why does it looks so ugly on vimeo, while the downloaded versions looks so good? I know compression does it. but vimeo took the quality down alot. Why is this?

Vince at 12:44pm on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

9. I think the video quality is quite good for a $1300, relatively tiny camera. Better than a D800 or 5DmkIII. Much better resolution and motion rendering. The slo-mo is great. Can't wait to get my hands on one.

The blown highlights on the wall mounted incandescents are inherent in the lighting situation (or lack of one). I do think Panasonic could have provided a much, much better scenario to launch their product.

The one comment/question I have is that the contrast/gamma is very high. What picture profile was used? Is there a setting with a wide dynamic range?

Thanks for the downloads - which I viewed on a Sony video monitor.

Russ at 03:37pm on Wednesday, October 10, 2012

10. Dear Mark,

Please, having already had the GH3 in hand, could you confirm if they have set or not the 29 minutes recording limit in PAL?

Thanks.

John at 01:08am on Thursday, October 11, 2012

11. Poor performance. Let's wait for the final version.

Dreamer at 08:24am on Saturday, October 13, 2012

12. I have been really really excited about getting my hands on a GH3, but these videos are shockingly bad. The quality is not what I expected at all. Just hope something happened along the way to Vimeo to explain it....
    : (